Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To avoid some confusion. I can confidently state by reason of evidence presented that my mom did not wander and accidentally fall in the culvert and die.

Ok thank you It was just a thought!
See I was thinking diabetic shock or hypoglycemia ...
Something not diagnosed as of yet!

guess we have to wait for LE to tell us why?

Stryker57, can you divulge info on the" self inflicted" injuries to your mom's fingers?

I haven't taken the opportunity to tell you how very sorry I am about your mother. It must be terribly hard for your family and Cheryl's friends. Thank you for taking time to join us here and answer questions. It is much appreciated.

Hi - I think that is a good thought, but checking your sugar only requires what amounts to a tiny pinprick, which disappears "very" quickly afterwards, entirely unnoticeable. Katt

Stryker57, can you divulge info on the" self inflicted" injuries to your mom's fingers?

I haven't taken the opportunity to tell you how very sorry I am about your mother. It must be terribly hard for your family and Cheryl's friends. Thank you for taking time to join us here and answer questions. It is much appreciated.
Family wasn't aware of the cuts before she went missing. Self inflicted could also mean she reached for something and accidentally cut herself on a sharp object. Doesn't necessarily mean her intent was to cut her own finger.

Still puzzled, how the heck do you determine that a cut is self inflicted unless you see it happen or there is evidence present when she was found? eg. grasping tightly to something..

Just not getting why LE is not making it absolutely clear that this is a homicide. They would not need to reveal cause of death, sometimes we do not hear that for a while. But I can only think they still do not know the manner of death at this point.

I agree. I'm annoyed with all of the secrecy here. It's very odd.

IMO In the order of most likely to least possible, it could be 1 of these 3 possible scenairos in manner of death.
1) Homicide
2) Undetermined
3) Suicide

Since cause & mechanism are known, but not manner, I suspect this poor woman died from a broken neck. :(

(Pretty hard to suicide that way.)

I wonder if she could have died of drowning and/ or hypothermia?

IMOO.

Stryker57, I've taken some time and tried to come up with a way to express my sympathies for your loss & everything feels inadequate. I am so deeply sorry. My heart aches for the pain that you and your dad and your family are going through. Your dad and mom seemed very very close. I can't imagine.

My husband and I are local in Edmonds and have been following the news very closely. Cheryl seemed like such a wonderful, fun and well liked woman. So many of us in the south SnoCo area have been praying with your family every step of the way, always having Cheryl in the back of our minds, checking for news and thinking about her daily.

I appreciate everything that you have offered here as far as information. It must be really difficult to read a forum like this about your own loved one. Thank you for your time. So many of us are right here with you praying for answers and justice.

IMO In the order of most likely to least possible, it could be 1 of these 3 possible scenairos in manner of death.
1) Homicide
2) Undetermined
3) Suicide

Oh dear, I think if undetermined it will be awful. No peace in the hearts of her loved ones because of the uncertainty of it. The so many questions with no answers...

As awful and unbearable as the loss of a loved one always is, to lose them at the hands of someone (homicide) must be the awful worst of the worst.
If one day I lose any of my beloved ones to homicide I think I will never ever have a minute of peace and will turn myself in a bitter, angry and very frustrated person wanted EVERYTHING really very bad to happen to the one/s who might dare to make suffer and to kill someone I love. Even all these persons we see here that we donn't know them but we feel so frustrated and we hate the ones who dare to kill them. Now mind you if they were OUR loved ones.

Being suicide something so difficult always for the families, at least it was the person who wanted to finish it. They had to be suffering in order to do it, but at least was the person having control over their own life.

Whatever it was it involves so much dispair and suffering for the family :( I am so sorry stryker57

Be at peace Cheryl :rose:

To avoid some confusion. I can confidently state by reason of evidence presented that my mom did not wander and accidentally fall in the culvert and die.

So if she didn't "wander" there, she was taken there or she drove there, but assumedly her car is back on 58th, so she was taken there. And if she was taken there, she either was alive and died or was killed there or was deceased already. Either way, I wonder why Stryker57 leaves the possibility of suicide on the table, however unlikely.. I must be missing something..Did she hitch a ride to commit suicide? Confused..

He has said previously that he personally has discounted suicide. But we still have no official determination.

Perhaps I am miss-interpreting his earlier thread

Verified family member DeBoer case
Join DateFeb 2016Posts28
1) Homicide
2) Undetermined
3) Suicide

I am not familiar with carpooling or taking buses or public transit, so sorry it these seem like a silly questions.....
*When a person is going to carpool with a friend or co-worker is it normal to park your car where Cheryl parked?
*Are there other places to park that maybe one wouldn't have to take the path through the wooded area?
*What is at the other end of that path through the woods, the transit station? Another parking area?
I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around why Cheryl would've needed to walk through the woods to get to the carpool person? Where were they supposed to meet up with each other? Where did carpool wait til 7:30 for Cheryl to arrive?
Cheryl didn't live that far from where she parked right? So why didn't the carpool just pick her up at her at home? Or is that not the way carpools work?

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Family wasn't aware of the cuts before she went missing. Self inflicted could also mean she reached for something and accidentally cut herself on a sharp object. Doesn't necessarily mean her intent was to cut her own finger.

I agree it could be any number of innocent explanations. I just find "self inflicted" to be misleading, at least to me. Makes me think of something very serious. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024