Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes perfect sense to me. But I thought they made the DNA connection in 2009? And it was just released to the public last year. Based on what you know, did they make the DNA connection in 2009 or 2015?

I am unsure as my knowledge of the case is everything up to 2004. I know that Macro had not connected it then, and as I said before did not suspect at that stage that the offender for the Karrakatta offence was connected to CSK crimes. At that stage LKW was still their main suspect, and the Karrakatta incident did not gel with all the circumstantial evidence that had against LW, therefore it was not given the attention that it probably should have got.

It can not be underestimated how focused and sure Macro were that LW was their man, the same applies to the investigation as a whole, once LW came in to the spotlight, the investigation was IMO conducted very poorly after that.

Go and get F U C K E D Elastic !!! There are 3 non death attacks the csk did & one more murder. You won`t solve this. No one will. He doesn`t care if he blitzes males either. A blow to the temple knocks anyone out. I should know; last bloke ended up in hospital for 6 months !

Parkie, I don't mean to be unkind, but you say things like this, give very little further information, and then get upset when people call you on it.

I am not judging, I am just making the observation.

There are 3 non death attacks the csk did & one more murder. You won`t solve this. No one will. He doesn`t care if he blitzes males either. A blow to the temple knocks anyone out. I should know; last bloke ended up in hospital for 6 months !
what?

Makes perfect sense to me. But I thought they made the DNA connection in 2009? And it was just released to the public last year. Based on what you know, did they make the DNA connection in 2009 or 2015?
CZuLxL7.jpg

December 5, 2015: Two new clues to serial killer
http://postnewspapers.com.au/editions/20151205/pdf/paper.pdf

Screen shot from article at link – Page 47

1. LW. 7/1
2. Judo 8/1
3. PW/SR 10/1
4. Someone off our radar 12/1
5. Telstra Man, TT 20/1
6. Morey, Dixie, Many Leucas 50/1

Can I just clarify that I randomly threw out the Telstra link based on a few dot points;
1. My belief at the time phone cable was used (when it was actually clothes line).
2. Access to Holden Commodore
3. Frequent driving

I don't want to have a suspect created based on a few loose dot points I threw together.

Telstra suspect is based on an actual POI who worked for Telstra. He was reported to crime stoppers because he was offering girls in the area lifts home.

Telstra suspect is based on an actual POI who worked for Telstra. He was reported to crime stoppers because he was offering girls in the area lifts home.

Well that is interesting.

Other than being 'Telstra Guy' - do we know who he actually is? We know who all the others are.

Also, does anyone have a map of the Telstra exchanges? If are were near to the dump sites it could form a logical link.

If the girls were offered a lift from a Telstra car/employee - would this be a brand/company/person they's automatically trust?

Some people dismiss the witness who saw the taxi on Pipidinny Rd because the date was wrong.
Could it just be that the CSK was scoping out the area prior to the killing or had gone back to the dump site after the killing ?

Some people dismiss the witness who saw the taxi on Pipidinny Rd because the date was wrong.
Could it just be that the CSK was scoping out the area prior to the killing or had gone back to the dump site after the killing ?
One school of thought is that he kept CG for a day and dumped her the next night. Another possibility is he went back the next night to check if he left something behind. I would assume he did his recon during day time but also might have done a night visit to make sure it was deserted - but why have his lights off if it was recon before the event?

Well that is interesting.

Other than being 'Telstra Guy' - do we know who he actually is? We know who all the others are.

Also, does anyone have a map of the Telstra exchanges? If are were near to the dump sites it could form a logical link.

If the girls were offered a lift from a Telstra car/employee - would this be a brand/company/person they's automatically trust?
Telstra Guy had access to fleet vehicles that were never logged. He was identified by Macro because he had been offering girls lifts home in and around the Claremont area. He was a regular at Claremont night spots. Before his career at Telstra he was a cop. I believe he's now divorced and living in the Mandurah area.

Telstra would be quite trustworthy I believe. He would have had access to vans, station wagons and electrical cord.

I have no idea if he's still a suspect.

is this known sexual pervert? how many of these fruit loops are out there?

"The witness was able to pin-
point from his own records the
period in 1995 during which he
saw a man publicly masturbating
in Claremont’s Rowe Park, op-
posite the Showground subway.
The man was in full view of
passing motorists.
The witness said that he had
left the man alone, thinking he
was just a sad, lonely loser.
The witness did not know then
that just weeks earlier a teen-
ager had been abducted from
the same place after midnight"

http://postnewspapers.com.au/editions/20151212/pdf/paper.pdf
(pg 5 and 105)

Can someone please give me info on how to find the EXACT CG dump site. I only have approx images. I'd rather a map with a dot than instructions. Thanks.

Just a quick note on the post about David Birnie being pathetic, and a weedy little man, both David Nielsen (brittish gay serial killer) and Gary Ridgeway (Green river killer - Seattle) were described as being pathetic and weedy, both were in fact very brutal towards said victims.

Just a quick note on the post about David Birnie being pathetic, and a weedy little man, both David Nielsen (brittish gay serial killer) and Gary Ridgeway (Green river killer - Seattle) were described as being pathetic and weedy, both were in fact very brutal towards said victims.
Sorry OT but I think you mean Dennis Nilsen. ;)

Yup I did mean Dennis, had David Bernies name stuck in my head, thanks for pointing that out.

Just an FYI, a person from Casuarina Prison actually bought champagne to celebrate his passing. But I was assured that it was only purchased on the day of his death. Not a few days before.

Word was, there was great disappointment that Catherine didn't go the same way out of her overwhelming feelings of loss and remorse. But apparently she never had any feelings like that.

Telstra Guy had access to fleet vehicles that were never logged. He was identified by Macro because he had been offering girls lifts home in and around the Claremont area. He was a regular at Claremont night spots. Before his career at Telstra he was a cop. I believe he's now divorced and living in the Mandurah area.

Telstra would be quite trustworthy I believe. He would have had access to vans, station wagons and electrical cord.

I have no idea if he's still a suspect.

There were a a group of Telstra guys who were pretty keen catamaran sailors out of South Perth at that time: rope.

They used to regularly cut work early, take the Telstra vehicle home, and then go sailing in the afternoons. One quite uncommon type had a pretty large hull storage capacity. One boat there had bright green hulls, and another had bright yellow hulls. They had the ability to easily reach Rottnest.

A group of them were charged with stealing and running a retic business, and another with running a telephone installation business on the side. Many of them had very active interests in women, and were known to frequent the stripper pubs for lunch.

Just FYI.

Has there been any new developments?

It seems to me Police have been releasing old information with the pretense that it was a fresh break through, i.e forensic link.

I'm most interested in the Holden Commodore VS Series 1 (most likely white), new information. Has there been any more developments about that?

I'm very keen to hear if it was just one sighting of the Telstra vehicle or more than one. My suspect would have been driving a vehicle looking very similar to a Telstra/Telecom vehicle just without the door decal. Then again, if you're talking to someone through the driver's window you'd be pretty sure I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!