Bosma Murder Trial 04.05.16 - Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 57s58 seconds ago
Smich showed a u tube of zombie bullets. They went in a gun he wanted. He didn't get that gun. DM got that gun. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 53s54 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
Smich told Daly he wanted a gun with zombie bullets, seen in Youtube video, but Millard got that one. #BosmaTrial

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s39 seconds ago
Judge to jury: what Smich says to a witness about Millard out of court cannot be used to establish guilt of Millard.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
#Smich showed Daly video of "zombie bullets" & said "Dell got the gun he wanted. He got another gun." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Says gun that smich got was one in tool box. @AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 31s31 seconds ago
Daly: Smich said bullets went with gun he wanted, but he ended up with a different one. And that one was in toolbox.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 54s55 seconds ago
The "different one" Smich had ended up with was the one in the toolbox, Daly says. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 50s51 seconds ago
The bullets went with the gun he wanted and he had a different one, Daly says, and that gun was in the toolbox #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Brampton, Ontario
Instead Smich got the gun, in the toolbox, Daly tells the court #BosmaTrial

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 59s59 seconds ago
Smich gun was said to be in tool box. That tool box was in the washer of his moms home. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 35s36 seconds ago
Toolbox was kept in bottom of washer in mim's basement. Smich said he was not feeling safe being in same place as toolbox.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 43s43 seconds ago
The toolbox was hidden in the bottom of a washer in his moms garage Daly says and Smich felt safer not being near it

"Like I said, he said that the bullets went with a gun that he wanted, but he ended up with a different gun, and that gun ended up in the toolbox."
by Adam Carter 1:06 PM

The toolbox was in the bottom of a washer at Smich's mother's place, Daly says.
by Adam Carter 1:07 PM

Goodman cautions the jury that they shouldn't be considering that another firearm was mentioned in terms of reaching a verdict in this case.
by Adam Carter 1:07 PM

Now taking lunch break. Back at 2:20 p.m.
by Adam Carter 1:08 PM

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 45s45 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
Daly tells the court the toolbox - with a gun inside - was at Smich's mother's house, in the bottom of a washer #BosmaTrial

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 40s41 seconds ago
Daly says Smich told him the toolbox was in the bottom of a washer in the garage at Smich's mom's home. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 33s34 seconds ago
Judge to jury: Smich not on trial for possession of a firearm.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22s22 seconds ago
Jury sent for lunch break until 2:20 pm. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 26s27 seconds ago
Goodman is now warning the jury that Smich is not on trial for the possession of firearms and they should not let it influence them #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 20s21 seconds ago
Jury gone for lunch

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s19 seconds ago
Moodie asks if that had to do with Smich moving to girlfriend's sister's place. Daly says yes. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 16s16 seconds ago
They'll be back at 220 pm

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s20 seconds ago
"Something about feeling safe, not being in the same place as the toolbox," Daly says. #Bosma

Ok I am bowing out now, I won't be doing the blog after lunch break.

I'm confused about what Daly is saying.

Is he saying there were TWO guns purchased, and the one he (Smich) purchased was in the tool box? Or is he saying Smich wanted one kind, DM wanted another, and the one DM wanted is the one purchased and ended up in the tool box?

I think he's implying there are two guns. MS wanted a certain one but DM got it and MS got something else. Maybe not?

These two had absolutely no qualms about planting evidence on their own mothers.

Edit: also, this is zombie bullet thing is ridiculous. So nice to know that all these firearm enthusiasts can't tell reality from fiction.

Is he saying there were TWO guns purchased, and the one he (Smich) purchased was in the tool box? Or is he saying Smich wanted one kind, DM wanted another, and the one DM wanted is the one purchased and ended up in the tool box?

There is one gun. MS wanted a zombie bullet gun, but DM bought a different one instead.

So the gun we think was used does not take zombie bullets? Do we know?

They can generally tell the gun that fired the found spent casing by the firing pin mark. But they still need to get their hands on it.

If this is how much MS told his best friend, I can only imagine how much he confided in MM! :thinking:

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
Judge cautions jury to remember that Smich is not on trial for possession of a firearm. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
Taking the lunch break now. Back at 2:20 pm. #Bosma

There is one gun. MS wanted a zombie bullet gun, but DM bought a different one instead.

That's not what I am reading from the Tweets. He said DM got the one he wanted and he ended up with a different one. There are 2 guns according to the tweets unless reporters misunderstood something.

Also, so what if the gun in either or both photos found on computers were pics of a gun that *could* have fired the bullet for which the casing was found? That would only prove that at some historical point in time, one or the other or both accuseds had in their possession a gun that could have accommodated the bullet for the casing that was found in the truck. It is more circumstantial evidence perhaps, but whether one or the other was photographed holding such a gun is really meaningless, isn't it? MS could have been getting his pic taken while holding DM's gun, and/or vice versa. I guess I'm missing the importance of this testimony.

It's about "probability". We're heard evidence of gun shot residue, blood spatter patterns, shell casing, and now pictures of the suspects with a gun that cannot be excluded as th murder weapon. The preponderance of evidence can lead us to connect the dots into a probable scenerio.

How likely is it that either suspect would have a picture of themselves holding a toy gun? Perhaps that's why DM gave MS a stink eye. Was he perhaps insulted to the core? "Do they seriously think we would come anywhere near a TOY gun, take serious looking pictures of it, and store the photos on our computers???"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95