Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have any sense of how likely it is that that there will be a publication ban on CN's testimony?

I can't see any reason why there would be. She has opted for her own trial to be decided by judge only so would there be a reason for her testimony in this trial to be withheld from the public? :waitasec:

MOO

I can't see any reason why there would be. She has opted for her own trial to be decided by judge only so would there be a reason for her testimony in this trial to be withheld from the public? :waitasec:

MOO

Thanks! Didn't realize she was having a trial by judge. Can't imagine any justification then, as you say.

Take into account DM had something already to hold over MS's head...LB's murder. DM was likely her murderer also but MS was present and didn't go to LE back then. MOO.

I wonder if they will ask BD how MS was acting around the beginning of July 2012 when the LB's trial starts?

Have we had any witnesses blocked out entirely? To get really philosophical, would we know if we had?

Wondering about a witness(es) getting immunity, and testimony blocked out, in exchange for testimony. To preserve their safety/privacy. Ex-finance of DM keeps coming to mind. JMO

Or perhaps used at the hangar to store drugs. There was a pic of it there already, and it seems from the testimony today that the hangar was a bit of a hangout. So everyone knows "the toolbox" because of it's connotation with partying.

Yes, the toolbox got around. lol It was also pictured at DM's home which was also a popular hangout for his friends. We all know DM was no handyman, he had JV and SS to use real tools, so yes, that toolbox was a safe cover IMO to hide drugs and to move them from place to place and I bet all his buddies and gfs and theirs knew exactly what it was used for, IMO.

All MOO.

Only reason I can come up with is that the gun(s) were very expensive to buy, and DM and MS still did not believe they would ever be caught. I truly believe they both thought everything was just going to blow over, and they would go pick up the gun(s), and continue on with life. JMO

Yes, and probably hard to obtain. Had put research into them with the Youtube Zombie video. One would want to keep them.

Wondering about a witness(es) getting immunity, and testimony blocked out, in exchange for testimony. To preserve their safety/privacy. Ex-finance of DM keeps coming to mind. JMO

Can't see that happening. Even Jodi Arias couldn't work that out down in Arizona. Although it helps to avoid giving testimony by staying out of the country. One of the JA witnesses was actually able to give testimony via letter to avoid cross examination. Again, don't think that would happen here. ;)

MOO

DM tried so hard to reach Hagerman on May 9. He didn't try to contact anyone else, as far as we know, even after several failed calls. It seems there was no second or third option if Hagerman was unavailable. Was Hagerman the only guy on the planet who DM could trust with this toolbox? Or perhaps there's another reason, which we have yet to hear about, as to why DM selected him in particular...

DM tried so hard to reach Hagerman on May 9. He didn't try to contact anyone else, as far as we know, even after several failed calls. It seems there was no second or third option if Hagerman was unavailable. Was Hagerman the only guy on the planet who DM could trust with this toolbox? Or perhaps there's another reason, which we have yet to hear about, as to why DM selected him in particular...

Because the rest of his trusted friends were either involved or lived in his house? :waitasec:

MOO

"Stoner" could have been a word thrown out there by one of these young witnesses and used on a few occasions during testimony. I think we all know what it means ;) Personally I can't think of a more fitting word the professionals might use to describe someone who is an unemployed bum, who sits around smoking weed and drinking on a daily basis can you?! :D MOO.

You have to remember, I'm from another planet ;) I'd expect a professional to simply say "person" rather than use use slang for a pot smoker. We already knew he was a daily pot smoker so there wasn't really any reason to use that word. (On my planet, professionals don't do stuff like that, lol).

I notice two specific theft missions Haggerman refers to, rider mowers and the bobcat, were in Oct. 2012. The previously reported $35,000 classic Harley theft was also in Oct 2012. In Nov 2012 DM complained about the MRO/hangar costing too much and draining the family coffers. In late November his father died and he took control.

In the week before May 6, 2013, DM was very stressed about money and the condo purchase.

Maybe the theft missions were a form of thrill, but they also seem to me to have a sort of compulsive quality.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 25m25 minutes ago
"I was given a wallow talkie and dropped off on a rural country road...I would say if there were any cars coming down the road."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13s13 seconds ago
@susanclairmont Walkie talkie. (Damn autocorrect)

Wow. Today's testimony is quite revealing. So DM thinks of this stuff as a game. He plans ahead to have people in place so he doesn't get caught. He puts others in his service. He pays them, via drugs or a low monetary amount. So this last time, would it make sense to have only had himself and one other involved, when other times he had several people for a much less risky event?

For someone who doesn't want to be snitch, Brendan Daly is singing like the supremes. I have interpreted what he said under oath today to be that Mark Smich made the statement to him ..."I messed up". Not "we messed up"....in reference to the murder of T. Bosma. I take that to mean Mark Smich shot Tim Bosma. Also Brendan Daly saying that Smich told him that he was afraid "Dellen M would frame him". Interesting. Either way they are both guilty of murder. The blood spatter on the glove box indicates that it is likely T. Bosma was sitting in the front passenger seat. I have a question. Do we know who drove the truck away from the Bosma home? Was it Dellen M? If it was then Smich was in the back seat and he likely shot Tiim. B. Dellen M will say that he had no intention of shooting anyone. Smich will say the gun went off by accident. I can just imagine what they will come up with.

I don't understand why she is not behind bars? How did she get off so easy?

For someone who doesn't want to be snitch, Brendan Daly is singing like the supremes. I have interpreted what he said under oath today to be that Mark Smich made the statement to him ..."I messed up". Not "we messed up"....in reference to the murder of T. Bosma. I take that to mean Mark Smich shot Tim Bosma. Also Brendan Daly saying that Smich told him that he was afraid "Dellen M would frame him". Interesting. Either way they are both guilty of murder. The blood spatter on the glove box indicates that it is likely T. Bosma was sitting in the front passenger seat. I have a question. Do we know who drove the truck away from the Bosma home? Was it Dellen M? If it was then Smich was in the back seat and he likely shot Tiim. B. Dellen M will say that he had no intention of shooting anyone. Smich will say the gun went off by accident. I can just imagine what they will come up with.

I believe it was mentioned by either Sharlene or Wayne that DM was driving when they left TB's yard. As for who pulled the trigger, if it was MS, it occurred before they left with the Yukon. By the time they arrived at the Bobcat dealer, he was dead.

I have a feeling we will hear who pulled the trigger by one of the GF's. I believe it was DM, and he was alone in the truck with TB when it happened. Something went wrong, and DM never intended to mess up his new toy.

MOO

So.. knowing this evidence was coming down the pipes.. DM's defence looks like a bit of a dufus now. 'He likes having the best', 'he has lots of money and no reason to steal', 'he didn't do anything wrong, as can be seen by him leaving things in the wide open'; whatever he says NOW isn't going to be met with a lot of belief, is it?

So.. knowing this evidence was coming down the pipes.. DM's defence looks like a bit of a dufus now. 'He likes having the best', 'he has lots of money and no reason to steal', 'he didn't do anything wrong, as can be seen by him leaving things in the wide open'; whatever he says NOW isn't going to be met with a lot of belief, is it?

I wish I could share your assessment of the case at this point. But after weeks of testimony, and evidence not laid out chronologically, I think there are going to be some u-turns that will make sense of the defense strategy going forward.

But from a snapshot in time, they do look like a dufus at the moment.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member