Bosma Murder Trial 04.18.16 - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until those things were mentioned in court (as to how much SS knew, and how much he was involved in different things) may not have been known to AJ until now, when it gets reported on in the news? My guess is that SS was simply being a spoiled-brat and just PO'd at AJ for ruining the great gig he had going for himself, and spoiling everything for his best pal too. I don't see how he can say or think that he never thought his friend would be involved in this stuff though, considering everything about the incinerator, all the way back to plans to create a home-made one. I'd be interested to know if his wife still remains in the marriage. Call me nosey.

I believe SS is still on FB, as is his wife, and are still together. Not using their real/full names.

Exactly! The theft and murder was planned. Shooting TB in the truck was not.

DM was in a rush to get the truck and have it ready before going to the BAJA. It makes not sense to shoot TB in the truck, even for a psycopath.

MOO

I think it makes as much sense as any of their deranged plans. They just drove away with the crime scene. But, in the end, it doesn't matter whether they planned the murder to be in the truck, or not. What matters most to me, is that the innocent man, TB, is not ascribed any blame. I will be angry if the defense suggests that something TB did resulted in his murder.

If she is a cooperative witness and does a good job on the stand, I wouldn't be surprised if the charges against her are reduced or withdrawn. I feel the crown knows she has the potential to be a hostile witness and they're using the charges to keep her in check.

It is highly unlikely the Crown would reduce or withdraw the charges against CN. They have zero incentive to do that. They fought against bail for her. The charges are the result of a one-year-long investigation.

If she or anyone else is a hostile witness, the Crown (or the defence if it's their witness) can make a request to the judge to cross examine that witness and then they can pull a Dungey.

That said, it's possible that there will be resolution in CN's case. She may decide after this trial that she does not want to go to a trial of her own. That doesn't mean she's getting some kind of "sweet deal." It just means a settlement has been reached and there won't be a trial. The justice system encourages resolution. Many people in jail have taken a plea.

I have doubts about whether Smich said "I f'ed up, I f'ed up." JMO

I wonder what MM and CN know about this trial? It seems to me that they may be persuaded to tell the truth if they knew how this was rolling out. That the evidence is not presented in a chronological order. Meaning, that like SS, evidence of their involvement is not totally presented before or during their testimony.

This strategy is working well for the crown.

MOO

It is highly unlikely the Crown would reduce or withdraw the charges against CN. They have zero incentive to do that. They fought against bail for her.

If she or anyone else is a hostile witness, the Crown (or the defence if it's their witness) can make an application to cross examine that witness and then they can pull a Dungey.

That said, it's possible that there will be resolution in CN's case. She may decide after this trial that she does not want to go to a trial of her own. That doesn't mean she's getting some kind of "sweet deal." It just means a settlement has been reached and there won't be a trial. The justice system encourages resolution. Many people in jail have taken a plea.

The justice system is also compassionate. Their sole mission isn't to put as many people in jail as possible, just the ones that deserve it. In my mind CN is a bright young girl that got mixed up with the wrong person. The only difference between her and everybody else in Millard's posse is that she refused to turn on Millard. So if in fact she has changed her stance and goes to court and tells all she knows, why should her punishment be so different than any of the others that helped cover Millard's tracks? You may be right but I still feel the charges against her are simply leverage for her testimony in this trial, LBs trial and WMs trial. Once she testifies the charges will be dropped.

It does make one wonder what SS knew about the truck? His excuse that DM bought it in Kitchener, and drove it to the hanger sitting on a pail is obviously a lie now that we know he knew about the missions. This has big repercussions, because it suggests he turned a blind eye to a murder and opted to assist covering it up.

SS stripped the truck, ordered the windshield removal kit and still claims he didn't know. What a pile of baloney.

MOO

While I don't feel any empathy whatsoever for SS, I do have empathy for his family. With yesterdays reveals I think its fairly obvious to most that SS was well aware of all these shady goings-on or even complicit in part. If his wife is still with him, in a small town there will be whispers behind her back wherever she goes.

I wonder what MM and CN know about this trial? It seems to me that they may be persuaded to tell the truth if they knew how this was rolling out. That the evidence is not presented in a chronological order. Meaning, that like SS, evidence of their involvement is not totally presented before or during their testimony.

This strategy is working well for the crown.

MOO

I suspect both will be cooperative. I know MM seems to have gotten on with her life and moved on from the whole "wanna be gansta" thing. We haven't heard much about CN over the last few years but I suspect that time has given her a little more clarity than she had three years ago. I think both will do fine on the stand but who knows if people will be happy about it or not. If these girls don't know "everything" I get the feeling people here are going to say they are simply lying.

While I don't feel any empathy whatsoever for SS, I do have empathy for his family. With yesterdays reveals I think its fairly obvious to most that SS was well aware of all these shady goings-on or even complicit in part. If his wife is still with him, in a small town there will be whispers behind her back wherever she goes.

I would guess SS received a great job reference from Millardair. Most likely started with something about being a very loyal employee. MOO

The justice system is also compassionate. Their sole mission isn't to put as many people in jail as possible, just the ones that deserve it. In my mind CN is a bright young girl that got mixed up with the wrong person. The only difference between her and everybody else in Millard's posse is that she refused to turn on Millard. So if in fact she has changed her stance and goes to court and tells all she knows, why should her punishment be so different than any of the others that helped cover Millard's tracks? You may be right but I still feel the charges against her are simply leverage for her testimony in this trial, LBs trial and WMs trial. Once she testifies the charges will be dropped.

I suggest you wait and see the evidence before deciding what kind of person CN is. You don't know the reasons why charges were laid in her case and not the others.

No one said the goal of the justice system is to put as many people in jail as possible. But I would think it would be obvious to you that you don't get a free pass just because you say you regret your criminal actions. This is why there are many people who have pleaded out in jail.

Based on DM and MS telling their gfs details about their crimes, I'm sure other people did the same, i.e SS. Jmo

I suggest you wait and see the evidence before deciding what kind of person CN is. You don't have a clue what the difference between her situation and the others in DM's posse is until you see the evidence. You don't know the reasons why charges were laid in her case and not the others.

No one said the goal of the justice system is to put as many people in jail as possible. But I would think it would be obvious to you that you don't get a free pass just because you say you regret your criminal actions. This is why there are many people who have pleaded out in jail.

Exactly! Let's see what kind of person withholds key evidence for a year after the murder. What kind of person doesn't have empathy for the Bosma family while knowing they could provide some closure. She may be talking now, but for at least a year, she didn't have a change of heart. MOO
attachment.php

Attachments

• Bosma family.jpg
    Bosma family.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 145
I would guess SS received a great job reference from Millardair. Most likely started with something about being a very loyal employee. MOO

References ...

followed by:

able to ask no unwanted questions
able to express no scruple
able to repair all objects from A to Z
able to build all objects from A to Z (via E= Eliminator)
able to tune all cars from Camaro to Jeep
able to strip off GPS tracking
able to change the ignition of a car
able to teach his inexperienced boss in changing ignitions
able to play dumb everytime police visit
able to play dumb in all areas which are not "the hangar"
able to be a member of the entourage at a Baja dessert race
able to spread out hay off a barn (in the absence of more important work)
able to let disappear a (red or different colour) truck
able to get along with mothers (in case the "boss" is in jail)

:D

What can families do (to prevent their children to become a follower of a psychopath?):

WhatCanFamiliesDo.jpg

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16 Std.Vor 16 Stunden
Susan Clairmont hat *advertiser censored* retweetet
About six more witnesses. Yes, girlfriends will be last for the Crown.

Did anyone else happen to catch the RBC ad on WS yesterday.......it was for a No Limit Banking Account......!!!:silly:

Anyone else nervous for the testimony about DM's phone to continue today? They left off yesterday in April 2013, so today will include texts from right up to and after May 6. I am scared to see what was said. IMO, I can only imagine how tough today will be for the Bosma's if the texts include "plans".

If there are 6 witnesses left, I have a feeling other than 2 being CN and MM, the other four will be officers tying up lose ends and presenting very damaging evidence right before the Crown rests its case. Something to do with the hose HAS to be presented. Otherwise they spent a lot of time talking about something that isn't involved. And by Pillay's cross of JV and all the hose questions, something major has to come of that evidence.

All, MOO.

Mozzagirl, I completely agree. I can only imagine the texts they will present today between MS and DM. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966