TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it common to issue a search warrant? Why not just ask to come in and get what they need? Did he not consent?!

Sent from my iPhone

Yes.
Consent could be questioned at a later date

Hmmm... I think someone has been reading our chat

"It was just enough so that if she ran into him she would think it was a police officer and that she was safe so that he can get close enough without her trying to run and get away,” said Catherine Torrez, the former Cockrell Hill police chief.

I was surprised when I read that comment, frankly. If I ran into someone in the halls at 4:30 AM looking like this, I would not find comfort in assuming this was a police officer, nor would I want to let this masked, scary looking person approach me. I'd wonder where the heck the rest of them were, would want him to take off his helmet before approaching and talking to me, etc. and I'd be dialing 911 as we spoke...

Can we talk about news reporters Twitter feeds? If so, Tanya Eiserer from WFAA Channel 8 is reporting from Midlothian someone is at police HQ right now. (Apology in advance if this is a violation).

Certainly does not surprise me who.
User Actions
Follow

Tanya Eiserer
‏@tanyaeiserer
The husband of Missy Bevers is at Midlothian police hq. She is the gym instructor who was murdered.
DianaToby ShookTodd UngerMalik Aziz
11:40 AM - 21 Apr 2016
Midlothian, TX
Reply Retweet
https://twitter.com/tanyaeiserer
Tweet text

Reply to @tanyaeiserer

Yes, similarities, absolutely
I think we all have doubts
But really, this is Terri Missy Bevers case and nobody involved in TS's case is involved here

No disrespect to the victim intended but it is just very odd to me is all. I'm certainly not saying the same people are involved in both cases either.
It is not hard to connect dots on where this is going (not random break in) and it could be possible for someone to get ideas off of the internet from a (high profile) murder that happened in Summer of 2015 in Florida is all. JMO of course.

.... Now in fact news stories are being updated to reflect this where they are now saying LE themselves isn't sure of the COD, BBM: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...cop-killed-fitness-trainer-inside-church.html

"A preliminary autopsy performed Tuesday is inconclusive, according to the Dallas County medical examiner's office. The cause and manner of death are "pending," and it may be weeks before the medical examiner releases an final report." http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...de-church.html

Was it a 'preliminary autopsy' (like remains will be re-examined for a 'full' autopsy?) or a 'preliminary autopsy report'?

^bbm sbm Yes, it says preliminary autopsy = inconclusive. But isn't that virtually always technically true?

Even if a person is run over ten times by 40 ton bulldozer, seems ME may not release to MSM CoD, pending tox reports, to (likely) rule out other CoDs.

Not that ME's findings about CoD are inconclusive, not like ME does not have faintest idea about CoD,
but rather ME needs to get final tox reports back to make sure the person had not just injected self w a 5 times lethal dose of heroin one min. before bulldozer hit him.
Just the (pretty darned implausible) chance that bulldozer operator ran over an already-dead person -
and thus no homicide - so ME may not officially release CoD before tox reports are avail.

JM2cts.

Please note that just because BB (husband) is at the police station does not mean he is the POI. They may be briefing him before making an arrest.

Husband, never liked his interview, I posted previously that his wife just died and all he could say about her was she loved to help people with their fitness and that was before I knew they had been married 20 years. We will just have to wait and see where it goes but would not be surprised if an arrest is in the near future.

The K9 is question is very specifically trained for accelerant detection, specifically for bomb and gun accelerants rather than arson accelerants...it would be the wrong dog for people tracking:
https://www.atf.gov/about/k9/titan

What if the perp had residue on his/her gloves and that got spread to the surfaces he/she touched? Then what if they found the gloves and they could match that residue. Even if a gun wasn't used.

I think the wording needs to be looked at all it is asking for is "please join CG in making a donation in her name" does not in anyway suggest to me that there will not be a donate/bank for children set up.

Agree. It may simply mean that Terri believed in fitness and had a fitness group. So this means Terri had positive energy and advocated to others to have positive energy to better yourself.

Now she was killed while promoting a positive building of self to all by working hard.

So if you feel her passion and you feel sad that this happened to such a positive person for all that was interested. Then please donate.

So of course the money will go to the funeral and the raising of the kids that Terri was most passionate about.

So I agree. The wording could have been better. But the meaning should be clear in most people's eyes. Jmo

From the link

Torrez also said the video indicates the person in the police gear may have been in the church building previously. The alarm reportedly was not activated on the day of the murder.

Reading this I take it to mean that the alarm other wise was working. And that the suspect had been in the building prier to this time.

Another copy of warrant discussing COD

[video=twitter;723205951134662656]https://twitter.com/dgoins/status/723205951134662656[/video]

Look at the top bottom date, was a few days ago. But the date filed in court today I believe.
Thanks! So...dated pre-autopsy (Monday evening)... So it's not an official COD, but basically a crime-scene deduced one (like the class goers saw). Maybe at least contributory.

I was surprised when I read that comment, frankly. If I ran into someone in the halls at 4:30 AM looking like this, I would not find comfort in assuming this was a police officer, nor would I want to let this masked, scary looking person approach me. I'd wonder where the heck the rest of them were, would want him to take off his helmet before approaching and talking to me, etc. and I'd be dialing 911 as we spoke...

But if you happen to notice a break in, broken glass, etc you could say yes ma'am I am investigating this call and get close enough to kill her instead of her running away from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur