Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fondest memory was watching Morris Day and the Time at First Ave....only to realize Prince had been standing in our little group.

Imo. Michael Jackson was the cutest child performer that ever existed in the entire world.

But from a musician stand point. Prince had MJ beat in the older years.

So Imo. Prince was the best original musician out of the 2 since Prince played more instruments.

But Michael Jackson was way more of a musical-performer aristocrat. Jmo.

But still. I was a Big Prince fan as all of us are.

And he will be missed.

Since he was originally associated with Motown (I grew up the "D"), I was more familiar with Michael Jackson's career than that of Prince. Right out of the box, it was obvious that, among the Jackson Five, Michael had a true gift for music - especially his precocious interpretation of songs. His true talent, in my opinion (as a dancer) was Michael's gift of movement that mesmerized. Having studied dance all my life, I was continually amazed with Michael Jackson's magical moves that often defied the natural range of motion in the human body.

So, DexterMorgan, I heartily agree with your comparison/assessment of the two gifted and talented entertainers. :)

So did he collapse getting into the elevator after someone dropped him off at 8:00 pm or did he collapse in the morning coming downstairs?

Really, no one was with him in that huge place? No housekeeping staff, no security...and most of all, no one close to him that was concerned because he was so sick?

Prince's Secret Health Struggle: Everything We Know About the Circumstances Surrounding His Mysterious Death

Zach Johnson, eonline
Seconds ago

Prince didn't want the world to know he was in pain.

When the 57-year-old singer took the stage in Atlanta Apr. 14, he apologized to fans for canceling two concerts the week prior—unaware that the performance would ultimately be his last . "I was a little under the weather," Prince said. "But we're here now, and I'm going to take this time to thank each and every one of you for coming out and enjoying this time with us." Perhaps presciently, Prince also told the audience of about 200 fans, "Wait a few days before you waste any prayers."

As one concertgoer recalled to NBC News Friday, Prince also thanked his doctor multiple times on stage. "The doctor was standing on the stage next to him and he wanted everybody to give an applause for that. Then about five seconds later he said, 'Let's give another applause for him.' It was kind of weird because the doctor he didn't even put his hand up or anything; he just kind of stood there. So, it was a little awkward in that moment," Patricia Chavez said. "I didn't really realize it, didn't think anything, but maybe he was a little bit more sick than he gave off." ...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...2/b759111/?cid=featuredent_media_princehealth

Prince's Secret Health Struggle: Everything We Know About the Circumstances Surrounding His Mysterious Death

Zach Johnson, eonline
Seconds ago

Prince didn't want the world to know he was in pain.

When the 57-year-old singer took the stage in Atlanta Apr. 14, he apologized to fans for canceling two concerts the week prior—unaware that the performance would ultimately be his last . "I was a little under the weather," Prince said. "But we're here now, and I'm going to take this time to thank each and every one of you for coming out and enjoying this time with us." Perhaps presciently, Prince also told the audience of about 200 fans, "Wait a few days before you waste any prayers."

As one concertgoer recalled to NBC News Friday, Prince also thanked his doctor multiple times on stage. "The doctor was standing on the stage next to him and he wanted everybody to give an applause for that. Then about five seconds later he said, 'Let's give another applause for him.' It was kind of weird because the doctor he didn't even put his hand up or anything; he just kind of stood there. So, it was a little awkward in that moment," Patricia Chavez said. "I didn't really realize it, didn't think anything, but maybe he was a little bit more sick than he gave off." ...

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/ente...2/b759111/?cid=featuredent_media_princehealth

BBM
That is chilling,.... and sad

Fondest memory was watching Morris Day and the Time at First Ave....only to realize Prince had been standing in our little group.

Yeah those were good memories, I remember Prince prancing up the stairs at the Fox Trap behind me, he was always one to invite musicians on stage. I remember he invited Sueann Carwell at First Avenue up to sing Do me baby, she blew him away on his own song. Only time I saw someone hold their own against him. I use to tour with Jesse, I almost bounced Prince off stage in Oakland because I did not recognize him and I thought it was a groupie. After Jesse played, he was back in our dressing room. He went over to Jesse and pulled up his pants leg and said I see you can now afford to buy decent socks! Seems really weird seeing Jimmy Jam, I remember being in the DJ booth often at the Fox Trap, he was different from other DJ's, they may point to females in the bar where as Jimmy was always, check out those keyboards or baseline...I am rambling.

Yeah those were good memories, I remember Prince prancing up the stairs at the Fox Trap behind me, he was always one to invite musicians on stage. I remember he invited Sueann Carwell at First Avenue up to sing Do me baby, she blew him away on his own song. Only time I saw someone hold their own against him. I use to tour with Jesse, I almost bounced Prince off stage in Oakland because I did not recognize him and I thought it was a groupie. After Jesse played, he was back in our dressing room. He went over to Jesse and pulled up his pants leg and said I see you can now afford to buy decent socks! Seems really weird seeing Jimmy Jam, I remember being in the DJ booth often at the Fox Trap, he was different from other DJ's, they may point to females in the bar where as Jimmy was always, check out those keyboards or baseline...I am rambling.
Rambling, no!! Memories!!

Rambling, no!! Memories!!

When Jesse did play First Avenue, I was with him that night, he picked me up personally in his white Rolls Royce. Well during his performance I was upstairs in First Avenue and Jerome came up to me and told me to get down stairs and stay put. Told me that was what he did to get his job with the time. Well I did what he said and the following week I was being flown to LA for Dick Clark American Bandstand, then Entertainment Tonight and then on tour.

When Jesse did play First Avenue, I was with him that night, he picked me up personally in his white Rolls Royce. Well during his performance I was upstairs in First Avenue and Jerome came up to me and told me to get down stairs and stay put. Told me that was what he did to get his job with the time. Well I did what he said and the following week I was being flown to LA for Dick Clark American Bandstand, then Entertainment Tonight and then on tour.
Ok THAT is cool!! I miss those days

To dispel rumors, not intending to debate :), here is accurate information about medical treatment concerning anyone who adheres to the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses, whether or not Prince actually did...

Witnesses seek the best possible care. Medical treatment is not refused unless it violates Bible-based teachings about blood. Treatments pursued are up to the individual, and becoming informed is encouraged. No one would be discouraged from taking medications because "God cured you." Most surgery (including hip replacement and even open heart surgery) can be done without blood if the surgeon is willing and uses techniques and procedures designed to minimize loss of blood. Some methods would be a matter of conscience for individual witnesses to decide whether to accept.

From the official JW website:
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-why-no-blood-transfusions/
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-medical-treatment/

From The New Yorker (three parts--mostly accurate IMO):
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-jehovahs-witnesses-are-changing-medicine

To dispel rumors, not intending to debate :), here is accurate information about medical treatment concerning anyone who adheres to the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses, whether or not Prince actually did...

Witnesses seek the best possible care. Medical treatment is not refused unless it violates Bible-based teachings about blood. Treatments pursued are up to the individual, and becoming informed is encouraged. No one would be discouraged from taking medications because "God cured you." Most surgery (including hip replacement and even open heart surgery) can be done without blood if the surgeon is willing and uses techniques and procedures designed to minimize loss of blood. Some methods would be a matter of conscience for individual witnesses to decide whether to accept.

From the official JW website:
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-why-no-blood-transfusions/
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-medical-treatment/

From The New Yorker (three parts--mostly accurate IMO):
http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-jehovahs-witnesses-are-changing-medicine
Huge huge prince fan here.

I also looked up this jehovah witness and medical care thing since I had a close friend whom I remember as having to be on medication. I found very similar results to you. They are encouraged to find out about medications as long as they are legal and not blood based.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Since he was originally associated with Motown (I grew up the "D"), I was more familiar with Michael Jackson's career than that of Prince. Right out of the box, it was obvious that, among the Jackson Five, Michael had a true gift for music - especially his precocious interpretation of songs. His true talent, in my opinion (as a dancer) was Michael's gift of movement that mesmerized. Having studied dance all my life, I was continually amazed with Michael Jackson's magical moves that often defied the natural range of motion in the human body.

So, DexterMorgan, I heartily agree with your comparison/assessment of the two gifted and talented entertainers. :)

Agreed. Michael was so big. And his main competitor at one point was Prince.

So Michael's success helped boost Prince success and vice versa during the imagenary glove battle.

Now even though they were both independently talented in their own rights.

It was good to have the slight battle for the moment.

So r.i.p to both talents that brought us good music to sing and dance to.

It's been highlighted over here in UK . What I had said yesterday. About pain relief. Prince was also suffering tremendous pain with his hips. Along with the heavy flu virus he was suffering with. I can feel his Pain.
He'd been to his local chemist at least 4 times that week to purchase PERCOCET. (Oxycodone and paracetamol (opioid based)
Also registered as Tylenol.

I use Tramadol. Very similar. And yet when I've been in huge amounts of pain my doc said. 'You can up the dosage to 3 per 4/6 hours'
Sometimes it feels as if my body is forgetting to breathe when I've taken max dose.
So hmmmm.
I still can't believe he's gone 

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I took 3 Tramadal in 4 hours and accidentally OD'd on it- I got very tired and then threw up for 4 hours!!! Doc told me 1-2 for pain, 1 did nothing, forgot it was supposed to be 6 hours rather than 4, so after 4 hours I took 2 more with food. NEVER AGAIN! I threw the rest out. My dog had bloody vomiting with Tramadal too, nasty stuff!!!

Someone on CNN had said he did have the surgery without the blood transfusion in 2005.But you know how the reporting can be. He had a concert and was seen riding his bike the day before so the pain could not have been that bad prior to his death.
I've got sciatica in both legs but I've fused vertebrae due to osteopenia. Which will require surgery. But due to my CF. N emphysema they're reluctant to put me under.. long story. But as for Prince being on a bike the day before.
To be honest. The art of walking feels like I'm someone's voodoo doll. Sticking pins in my spine n legs. Whereas on a bike in a gear that doesn't require strenuous pedalling. It is much easier. Plus yr sat. It relieves the body of cushioning it's entire weight. As well as exercising. If you don't. It seizes up. Making the pain even worse.. jmoo.

Can we not spoil his thread comparing Michael Jackson to him??? No comparison. Prince did his own music and wasn't a child molester or drug addict.

I took 3 Tramadal in 4 hours and accidentally OD'd on it- I got very tired and then threw up for 4 hours!!! Doc told me 1-2 for pain, 1 did nothing, forgot it was supposed to be 6 hours rather than 4, so after 4 hours I took 2 more with food. NEVER AGAIN! I threw the rest out. My dog had bloody vomiting with Tramadal too, nasty stuff!!!
I've just woken after taking 3, 5 hours or so ago. Pain is still under control. And it's time to go back on my oxygen. Oh my life's a peach lol.
I popped my ribs leaning over a wooden arm on a chair around 4 weeks ago now. And having the tail end of this yucky flu. Which has left hubby n I with a fierce cough. Man that sucks with sore ribs. Hence the tramadol.
My brother can't take tramadol. He feels high on just 1.
I did have oramorph just after I popped ribs. But doc will only prescribe that very rarely.

#RIPPRINCE 📿

Can we not spoil his thread comparing Michael Jackson to him??? No comparison. Prince did his own music and wasn't a child molester or drug addict.
I wanted to say a similar thing. This is Prince's thread. I did love MJ's music too however.

So did he collapse getting into the elevator after someone dropped him off at 8:00 pm or did he collapse in the morning coming downstairs?

Really, no one was with him in that huge place? No housekeeping staff, no security...and most of all, no one close to him that was concerned because he was so sick?
I just find that so sad and heartbreaking if he died alone.
Such an awesome, larger than life, charismatic icon. Who's final moments were spent led in his elevator. Where he closed his eyes for the last time. I trust he found peace and pain free.
⚘

Why bring this nonsense here? Letting a kid sleep in your room is not child molestation. It seems that Prince died of a drug overdose just like MJ. So there is a comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove