Found Deceased OR - Katharine 'Katy' Roe, 22, Depoe Bay, 17 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Excellent post, Lilebet. I have also thought many times about the tuff argument of personal freedom/privacy vs. crime prevention/detection. It's a shame we haven't figured out how to have both. The human condition. We are, however, very fortunate to live in a country where personal freedom, within boundaries, is treasured, allowed & protected.

And our little Katy. I know that her grandmother is beside herself wishing she had stayed with her that night. And that breaks my heart. It's prolly something they did from time to time. Go down to the bar and have wings and a beer and talk to folks whom they knew. And something has happened to Katy, and there not are that many possibilities when you really get down to it. And all of them are bad. If she ran off with someone she loved, surely she would have called to check in & say all is okay and how they will be back soon. Or if she fell and bumped her head and became amnesic and didn't know her name, surely someone would recognize her from TV and MSM.

i genuinely believe if she was in a position to make contact with her loved ones she would have done so by now. If she had forgotten who she was we would also know by now. This is such a mystery at the moment and we do have a lack of details as well. The fact that "there just seems to be no footage of her" is very worrying and only adds tot he confusion. We have gone over all likely scenarios and still been stumped. I also believe we have done a very good job of eliminating the most unlikely ones. There are a few things that keep coming to my mind but I have nothing that would suggest they are likely. We are very much up against a brick wall in regards to this precious young woman but we must keep sleuthing. We must using all of our previous theories have something that we may have missed. I am waiting for any new developments before I try to move any further than where we currently are. I will review all previous posts and look in the crevices. That vest by the shore might need some deliberation I genuinely believe we can discount it being washed up though.

http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&story_id=51875&page=86

I think the homeless man Robert Johnson who found her vest and who lived by wing wah in his van until he disappeared once police started looking to speak with him further is likely the culprit. It's a shame he had a car because now her body could be anywhere.

6 days later her vest is just bobbing in the surf? Still there and the tide and current did not carry it farther down the beach? I guess that's possible. But I believe I would have more questions for Mr. Johnson.

6 days later her vest is just bobbing in the surf? Still there and the tide and current did not carry it farther down the beach? I guess that's possible. But I believe I would have more questions for Mr. Johnson.

Maybe this is another reason why LE doesn't think that missing Owen Woods is correlated to Katy's missing person's case?

IMOO.

I'm confused by this article mentioning the homeless man. It says he found a "lace" vest. It was fleece. Did the reporter hear it wrong. It also shows his "rusting van." This is not a rusting van. It would be nice to have a confirmed photo so people could watch for him. Perhaps I'm expecting too much accuracy in reporting?

Unfortunately, his story sounds a little sketchy, combined with disappearing. If Katy walked by this parked van, anything would have happened. JMO

Caption: A Lincoln County Sheriff's Office vehicle sits behind a rusting van on Highway 101 in Depoe Bay. The van, which sometimes serves as an overnight shelter for a homeless man, is located about 100 feet south of Wing Wa Restaurant. (Photo by Rick Beasley)
attachment.php

http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&story_id=51875&page=86

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 584
My question is, who turned in the vest to the police? Was it the friend of RJ, or was it RJ himself?, or someone else?

IMOO.

This is an interesting new development. That whole article has Way way too many inconsistencies. That vest would not be just bobbing around in the surf especially if it was lace, I think thats an error on the reporting side of things, perhaps if it was acrylic vest/body warmer but still highly doubtful. On the other hand why would someone who had done something with katy hand in the vest ? Thats the last thing a guilty person would do unless they were looking for money, but still thats highly unlikely. " a remote little known about beach" nahhhhhh that stinks if you ask me. now he has disappeared, something aint right here. I believe from the way that article is written that it was the friend who handed it in. do you think it would have mentioned if they had already spoken to him ?

The discrepancy about fleece versus lace.

Perhaps it is possible it had fleece and lace on the vest? A mixture of both?

Hopefully this will be cleared up by LE.

Also:

Earlier on, clothing was found but it was said Not to belong to Katy.

https://www.facebook.com/lincolncou...0.1461944708./996284830460731/?type=3&theater

"The clothing found in Depoe Bay earlier today, do not belong to Katy." That was on April 20th, a Wednesday.

Could that have been lace? And they thought it wasn't Katy's?

I see in this article it is mentioned that the article of clothing was found on April 23rd, Saturday...

Then in this article…

http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=86&story_id=51841

It mentions a TIP from someone over the previous weekend led them to an article of clothing, (paraphrasing in my own words as the article is short).

The family mentions that she wore a fleece vest and articles I have read mention fleece.

Maybe it was a typo in that one article, or maybe not.

Maybe she had a lace camisole, in addition to a fleece vest?

Questions, lots of questions….

IMOO.

I think LE is keeping info close to their vest.

Maybe they released this info now to see if others have seen this person?

I think there is more that we don't know, that they aren't saying…

Just my thoughts…

IMOO.

This is an interesting new development. That whole article has Way way too many inconsistencies. That vest would not be just bobbing around in the surf especially if it was lace, I think thats an error on the reporting side of things, perhaps if it was acrylic vest/body warmer but still highly doubtful. On the other hand why would someone who had done something with katy hand in the vest ? Thats the last thing a guilty person would do unless they were looking for money, but still thats highly unlikely. " a remote little known about beach" nahhhhhh that stinks if you ask me. now he has disappeared, something aint right here. I believe from the way that article is written that it was the friend who handed it in. do you think it would have mentioned if they had already spoken to him ?

Who is "the friend"?

Why would the friend turn in the vest and not the person who "supposedly" found it?

Why would the homeless person tell that friend they found it? But do nothing about it?

Why would they name the homeless person, but not the other person? Is RJ a person of interest?

Is there a person named RJ? Where did this person go?

IMOO.

The discrepancy about fleece versus lace.

Perhaps it is possible it had fleece and lace on the vest? A mixture of both?

Hopefully this will be cleared up by LE.

Also:

Earlier on, clothing was found but it was said Not to belong to Katy.

https://www.facebook.com/lincolncou...0.1461944708./996284830460731/?type=3&theater

"The clothing found in Depoe Bay earlier today, do not belong to Katy." That was on April 20th, a Wednesday.

Could that have been lace? And they thought it wasn't Katy's?

I see in this article it is mentioned that the article of clothing was found on April 23rd, Saturday...

Then in this article…

http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=86&story_id=51841

It mentions a TIP from someone over the previous weekend led them to an article of clothing, (paraphrasing in my own words as the article is short).

The family mentions that she wore a fleece vest and articles I have read mention fleece.

Maybe it was a typo in that one article, or maybe not.

Maybe she had a lace camisole, in addition to a fleece vest?

Questions, lots of questions….

IMOO.

That other piece of clothing was a "pair of sneakers" I saw the actual message sent to depoe bay sheriff facebook. I think they cleared it up by saying it doesn't belong to katy because the person plastered the message all over FB. In regards to the "vest" your right could be either a lace vest or an additional item of clothing. Why are they so tight on details ?

From this article (http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=86&story_id=51841):

they announced the find on Monday, April 26, saying that a tip from a Depoe Bay resident over the previous weekend led to the recovery of “a piece of clothing that may belong to missing person, Katy Roe.”

And one more from here (http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&story_id=51875&page=86):

Police say they are looking for Robert Johnson, who told a friend he found the black lace vest bobbing in the surf.

IMO the only way a "friend" is involved at all if the friend is the one who tipped off the police. Perhaps the friend saw a woman's vest in RJ's van and didn't like the smell of his story about it? Then the "friend" took the vest to police or directed them to question RJ/search the van?

Whether RJ is involved in what happened to Katy or is just an innocent homeless man who doesn't want to be hassled by the police, running away is just going to cast suspicion on him big time.

Lots of good points ^
As to the "why" someone who did something would hand in the vest - since there were two involved, RJ and his unnamed friend, and it was the friend who turned it in (correct me if I'm wrong on this), sounds like the friend knows something and or did something and this might be a way out, shifting attention to RJ....
Time to fire up the lie-detector here...

Who is "the friend"?

Why would the friend turn in the vest and not the person who "supposedly" found it?

Why would the homeless person tell that friend they found it? But do nothing about it?

Why would they name the homeless person, but not the other person? Is RJ a person of interest?

Is there a person named RJ? Where did this person go?

IMOO.

RJ is definitely a person of interest in this. it doesnt make sense that he wouldn't turn it in himself either. What if this friend saw him with it and asked about it ? I don't believe the friend is a poi either. Very good questions.

Lots of good points ^
As to the "why" someone who did something would hand in the vest - since there were two involved, RJ and his unnamed friend, and it was the friend who turned it in (correct me if I'm wrong on this), sounds like the friend knows something and or did something and this might be a way out, shifting attention to RJ....
Time to fire up the lie-detector here...

Exactly!! I was wondering about if there was even a person named RJ….

IMOO.

RJ is definitely a person of interest in this. He was also seen on hw 101 the very night of Katy's disappearance but is that surprising ? maybe not. it doesnt make sense that he wouldn't turn it in himself either. What if this friend saw him with it and asked about it ? I don't believe the friend is a poi either. Very good questions.

Apologies if I missed something in MSM saying that RJ was seen on 101 the night of Katy's disappearance. Please help me out with a link. Thanks. :)

Apologies if I missed something in MSM saying that RJ was seen on 101 the night of Katy's disappearance. Please help me out with a link. Thanks. :)

Sorry about that, i think I misread the quote about the van being 100 yards south of wing wah, How is that relevant enough to be quoted in the article though ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez
Back