OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we try to make a timeline? Everyone feel free to pitch in.

11pm Thursday night: Dana arrives home from work

Around 5:00 am Friday (1.5 hours prior to first daybreak, according to his comment on a news story): A neighbor of Chris Sr is in the woods to hunt and hears multiple gunshots

7:00 am Friday: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911

1:20 pm (not sure if this is correct): Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

What else?

Yes, let's get started on a timeline.

Friday, 4/22/2016

3-4 am Early Friday (1.5 hours prior to first daybreak, according to his comment on a news story): A neighbor of Chris Sr is in the woods to hunt and hears multiple gunshots

11pm Thursday night: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

7:00 am Friday: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911

8… First officer responds to scene

Anyone have a link to the screenshot of the officer's incident report?

1:26 pm Friday (not sure if this is correct): Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

Hi, this case finally made me register to post.
Do we know why GR was in town and staying with CrSr?
Or how long he'd been there? Bobby must have known he was there, she was able to identify him on the 911 call. Otherwise, I think it would be hard to identify a dead body, especially if there were gsw to the head or face, or if he was face down. Just something I think is interesting.

I read that he had come up from KY to help Chris Sr fix cars. But I don't know how long he had been there or when he intended to return.

But why CR Sr when Kenneth is older? Who decides?
The ones doing their will. Also being the patriarch can just be unconsciously done. Chris was the center for all of these people murdered, Chris is the only one all of them were related to.

My thoughts are that she was having an extremely difficult time trying to recover from the loss of her dear friend.

I'm more cynical. It was over the top and maybe more for attention. Same with all the selfies. I'm very private though and think putting it all out there is strange.

I'm confused and maybe missed something but news reports all said 16-year-old Chris was the 8th victim found 8 miles away at 799 Left Fork Rd.
"Five move bodies were found in those homes and the 16-year-old was later found at a home on Left Fork Road." They all said this.

http://umbrellaofsuspicion.com/2016/04/rhoden-family-murders/ (for example)

But Kenneth is the one Stone said was shot at that address per his 911 call six hours later. There were already seven bodies found, so one of those two accounts is wrong. Have we already discussed this and I missed it? Or have I misunderstood something?

I also saw some reports that Chris, Jr. was found at Left Fork Rd and posted about that a few days ago. These reports are apparently incorrect and it was Kenneth who was found at that address. Chris, Jr. was found in his mother's home.

Yes, but BJ was "special" to him as mentioned in the obit. So it sounds like they were close. Maybe BJ was expecting something for being loyal and close to his side.

That's what some of us wonder.....JMO Jaime said that Bobby nursed Clarence in his old age......I have not read anything that states that and I have to laugh at old age, because he was my age when he died. But I don't know what he died of. Cancer????dunno. JMO........Did his wife no longer live with him at that time????

I'm confused and maybe missed something but news reports all said 16-year-old Chris was the 8th victim found 8 miles away at 799 Left Fork Rd.
"Five move bodies were found in those homes and the 16-year-old was later found at a home on Left Fork Road." They all said this.

But Kenneth is the one Stone said was shot at that address per his 911 call six hours later. There were already seven bodies found, so one of those two accounts is wrong. Have we already discussed this and I missed it? Or have I misunderstood something?

It was erroneously reported across many news sites that ChrisJr. was the one found at the distant location. We know that this is not fact because of the following.

1) Initial press conference (given by the neighboring county Sheriff) report was that 7 people were dead on Union Hill Road.
2) Later on Friday, reports surfaced of a single body at the near 799 Left Fork address.
3) The 911 calls were released on Saturday and confirmed that the last body found was that of Kenneth.

Bodies found at 3122 UHR: Dana, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden Jr.
Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary
Bodies found at 4199 URH: Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley
Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden.

Hope that helps.

What this made me think was that LM may view working with LE to bring the murderers to justice as a form of "revenge." I think the family believes they know who may have committed the murders, they suspect local people somewhat in their circle, and are sending those folks a message: "Don't worry about us; we are not a threat. We're not cooperating with LE." Incidentally, they may suspect the wrong people. Quite a few different people could conceivably harbor ill will toward various members of the family.

Very good point.

I know I sound like broken record, and I'm sure that by now LE has someone who specializes in social media forensics pouring through the FB pages and other media exposure, but it sure does seem to me that they were circling the wagons so to speak. I do believe that they ( one of them) had been threatened. It occurs to me that it was more about exposure and the likelihood that if one knew, they all knew. If someone in authority had tried to extort one of them or by going through one of them (Dana?) and had been shut down, then you have you wonder if one of LE was already a loose cannon with little remorse. I would imagine that this could be something LE is looking at and would definitely warrant bringing in the other agencies. I definitely could be wrong.... but I believe that Dana knew something was up and that they were standing up against the killers threats.

It was erroneously reported across many news sites that ChrisJr. was the one found at the distant location. We know that this is not fact because of the following.

1) Initial press conference (given by the neighboring county Sheriff) report was that 7 people were dead on Union Hill Road.
2) Later on Friday, reports surfaced of a single body at the near 799 Left Fork address.
3) The 911 calls were released on Saturday and confirmed that the last body found was that of Kenneth.

Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary
Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden.

Hope that helps.

Perfect. Thanks.

LM threw out other possibilities, too. He talked about the woman who had the road rage with CR Jr, for example. He may have been doing nothing more than we are...thinking of all the possibilities or people who might be seen as having a motive..

I have wondered whether LM has been flailing around for theories as well. Along those lines, I found it interesting in his early interview on the street that LM talked about the various things going on in Pike County and mentioned that people should look into "that Lawshe nursing home." Dana worked at Hillside Nursing Home, which is on Lawshe Road in Peebles.

Dana's property was a new purchase. It was just purchased one month before the murders. By Chris. The EX husband bought it for his ex wife.

Is there land suitable for growing? It's not uncommon for sisters/wives/girlfriends/mothers to be the official name on stuff likely to be linked to a crime. In the city a car might be rented for a "hit," by some associated female with a clean record. If there was a planned expansion (or relocation) of the grow business, there might be good reasons to not put Chris' own name on it. Living in the house on the property is suitable pay-off for assuming some legal risk. I know a case of a guy "laundering" his drug income by paying all his mothers' bills for her. Yeah--she went to jail too.

I added a little. Anyone else?.....

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out" (paraphrasing, but it was close to that)

4 days prior to murders: Hanna R gives birth

2 days prior to murders: Chris Jr involved in road rage incident court case

11pm Thursday night: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20 am: Dana arrives home

Approx. 4 am Friday (1.5 hours prior to first daybreak, according to his comment on a news story): A neighbor of Chris Sr is in the woods to hunt and hears multiple gunshots.

Sometime between 4am and 7am: All 8 victims are murdered (except possibly Kenneth)
Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary (3 GSW to head)
Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden (1 GSW to head)

7:49 am Friday: Bobby Jo calls 911 to report Chris and Gary's bodies

8:00 am Friday: First officer responds to scene

1:26 pm Friday: Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

3:41 am Saturday: Police arrive at Bobby Jo's residence and aggressively question her and 5 others

That was an early mistake made by reporters that was corrected, but still lingers.

Kenneth was the only person at the camper/trailer near 799 Left Fork Rd. It was around 7 miles away from the other crime scenes

Here's a link to lonesomepaw's photo of google maps locations.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=92666&d=1461710571

Audio below

At :47 BJ says my brother walked in the bedroom.
At 1:31 she says my sons in there and (it looks like there both dead)?

Could she be saying my son IS in there? As in, her son was with her at the crime scene? Honestly, I do not know the age of her son so I could be way off base. Does anyone know the ages of BJM's children? (No names pls).

I read the condolence candle messages, mostly generic, but a lot of people thought very highly of Dana. JMO

I know I sound like broken record, and I'm sure that by now LE has someone who specializes in social media forensics pouring through the FB pages and other media exposure, but it sure does seem to me that they were circling the wagons so to speak. I do believe that they ( one of them) had been threatened. It occurs to me that it was more about exposure and the likelihood that if one knew, they all knew. If someone in authority had tried to extort one of them or by going through one of them (Dana?) and had been shut down, then you have you wonder if one of LE was already a loose cannon with little remorse. I would imagine that this could be something LE is looking at and would definitely warrant bringing in the other agencies. I definitely could be wrong.... but I believe that Dana knew something was up and that they were standing up against the killers threats.

Actually, several commented on this on the very first day. In the initial news reports, it was reported that the Sheriff's office, the BCI and the CYBER CRIMES UNIT were called to the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14