Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the husband's comments on the ******** and I find them strange. He seems to be more concerned with how he's portrayed in the media than with finding his wife, more concerned with moderating the comments than taking actual concrete steps. I'd like a confirmation of the name and contact info of his supposed P.I.

Though I'm sure he has nothing to do with his wife's disappearance, I think he may be taking advantage of the financial benefits and enjoying the media attention.

Does anyone know who's couch she was sleeping on last when she disappeared? The Couch surfing website should have those details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seattle woman missing for 18 days while hitchhiking from Oaxaca to Cancun
http://www.theyucatantimes.com/2016...days-while-hitchhiking-from-oaxaca-to-cancun/

"Seattle resident Jonathan Reinhard is desperate to find his wife, 26-year-old Jenny Chen, who was on a two-month backpacking trip through Mexico.

Chen, a Chinese citizen living in Seattle, left for her trip to Mexico in early March. On Facebook, she documented the places she visited, the people she met, including some of her gracious hosts."

Snip

"To complicate matters, her husband says Chen’s citizenship makes it difficult to get help from the U.S. State Department. He’s been talking with US & Chinese consulates as well as with Mexican authorities.

But he gets no sense that any agency is doing anything to find her."

attachment.php

Last photograph Jenny Chen uploaded to her Facebook page on April 11 at 8:23 am (Photo: Facebook)

Attachments

• jenny-chen-last-photo.jpg
    jenny-chen-last-photo.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 498
I'd like to know who took the picture of her hitchhiking...

Article from 2012:

Mexico: Oaxaca serves as crossroads of human trafficking
http://latinamericacurrentevents.com/mexico-oaxaca-serves-as-crossroads-of-human-trafficking/21166/

Mexico: U.S. embassy recommends tourists avoid travel in Sinaloa, Oaxaca, Jalisco, Nayarit
Posted on January 20, 2016*
http://latinamericacurrentevents.co...avel-in-sinaloa-oaxaca-jalisco-nayarit/35484/

Another old article:
'Mexico Sees 800,000 Sex Trafficking Cases a Year'
http://www.insightcrime.org/news-briefs/mexico-sees-800000-sex-trafficking-cases-a-year

"Orozco said the figure came from the National Refuge Network (RNR), an NGO that provides shelter to abused women. According to the RNR, at least 47 criminal networks control these trafficking routes that predominantly run through the Mexican states of Veracruz, Chiapas, Puebla, Oaxaca, Tlaxcala, Baja California, Chihuahua, Guerrero and·Quintana Roo."

My suggestion at this point would be to work with the agencies/organizations that are experienced and currently involved with working the trafficking in the area, will look to see if I can find some. This is so disturbing. I can't bear to think what she could be going through right now, if she is even still alive. This is a needle in a haystack...oh, what was she thinking? :( I remember when I was young and felt invincible, traveling third world countries alone...

Maybe these guys, or someone like them, know someone who can help in Oaxaca? :(
Mexico City's Anti-Human Trafficking Hotline to Expand Nationally
https://polarisproject.org/news/pre...i-human-trafficking-hotline-expand-nationally

"Consejo Ciudadano is a civil society organization in Mexico City whose primary goal is to create citizen complaint mechanisms that are easy, simple, confidential, and effective so that citizens can report threats to their security and well-being. Consejo works as a bridge of trust between citizens and authorities, with programs that address specific problems of public safety and law enforcement. It operates a hotline that currently serves Mexico City, and has received 330 reports of human trafficking since 2013. All organizational services are free."

2015 Trafficking in Persons Report - Mexico
http://www.refworld.org/docid/55b73bc4c.html

*this subject of trafficking in Mexico is infinite.

Human trafficking in Mexico
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_Mexico

I'd like to know who took the picture of her hitchhiking...

That’s a good question. Someone saw her with a man who they described as being "more or less an average looking man, hight 5’5” , dark, bearded, wearing glasses, wore jeans and a brown jacket”.

(I have a feeling that this is a case that will haunt me, that I'll always wonder about...hope I am wrong and by some miracle she is found safe. I'm reminded of the 2 girls that disappeared in Mexico, still unsolved, iirc...their story was on "Disappeared" a few years ago. Seeing Jenny's pictures makes me really sad...:()

translated:

The Attorney General of the State of Oaxaca, through the Department of Care for non-point (DNOL) requested the support of the public to locate Jenny Chen.

On April 2 she came to the city of Oaxaca, from Puebla, staying there for a week

On the 11th, she continued her journey to her main destination, Cancun, with possible travel routes Juchitan, Tuxtepec or Minatitlán.

From that day her whereabouts are unknown.

http://www.mimorelia.com/noticias/mexico/desaparece-joven-estadounidense-en-oaxaca/225531

The support and cooperation of the public is requested to disclose any information through the toll free 01 800 00 77628 or mobile phone 044 951 164 6434. You can send reports to emails: nolocalizados@pgjoaxaca.gob.mx, nolocalizados@gmail.com, or Twitter account @VFGO_victimas. Also go to building "Alvaro Carrillo" first level People Search Unit non-point (DNOL) in Ciudad Judicial, Reyes Mantecon, San Bartolo Coyotepec.

I'm surprised by this suggestion that she's a victim of human trafficking. The Wikipedia article has lots of info on how young women are lured in, eg unwed teen mothers rejected by their families.

Traffickers, like pimps, are businessmen. The use bullying tactics, but they also depend on the victim going along with the arrangement, because the victims feel they have no other option. IMO they wouldn't want a woman who, although naive, has an appointment with her American husband, voluntarily quit a job in a bank, speaks several languages, has a network of friends on social media and an airline ticket for Cuba. It would require too much effort and risk to guard and control her, compared with a girl who's never been away from home and will submissively do whatever a man tells her to do and never fight back or try to escape.

After reading everything I could find, my heart hurts for this young lady....I think she got in the wrong car...I hurt for her, I just feel she will not be found, and her family will never know. And yes this will stay in my mind forever....poor sweet naive girl....so sad....IMHO

I'm surprised by this suggestion that she's a victim of human trafficking. The Wikipedia article has lots of info on how young women are lured in, eg unwed teen mothers rejected by their families.

Traffickers, like pimps, are businessmen. The use bullying tactics, but they also depend on the victim going along with the arrangement, because the victims feel they have no other option. IMO they wouldn't want a woman who, although naive, has an appointment with her American husband, voluntarily quit a job in a bank, speaks several languages, has a network of friends on social media and an airline ticket for Cuba. It would require too much effort and risk to guard and control her, compared with a girl who's never been away from home and will submissively do whatever a man tells her to do and never fight back or try to escape.

Or the pimp feels like an educated Asian woman could be a real cash earner with the right amount of "pressure."

After reading everything I could find, my heart hurts for this young lady....I think she got in the wrong car...I hurt for her, I just feel she will not be found, and her family will never know. And yes this will stay in my mind forever....poor sweet naive girl....so sad....IMHO

Agreed. There are hundreds of missing women from Juarez that have never been and never will be found. They ensure that. As I write this I'm certain there are hundreds upon hundreds of bodies of women who have fallen victim to cartel violence all across Mexico that will never be found. Sadly I'm fairly certain Jenny is one of them.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member