OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I didn't show up for work they would call my emergency contact and LE if they couldn't get them.

Someone would notice, like your boss. Also if he were dead 24 hours before, work would have told LE by now he didn't show up, can't imagine why they wouldn't have that out by now.

Because they aren't telling us anything! We don't know who was shot 9 times, who died first, TOD, etc. If KR's boss had notified LE the day after (as I'm confident they would), there is no way they would tell us. I'm sure they have looked into that by now and probably have confirmed he was there. Again, I don't necessarily think Kenneth was killed a day earlier. I'm just saying it is possible. However, I do think he was killed first. He never got up at 5:30 (an hour and 15 minutes before sunrise) to work on cars, as he did every day.

Please point me to that link where they said that. You can't even put out tomato plants at this time of year. It's b/c of the frost possibility. It would kill them. They may have found old grow sites from last year now.
It was at the presser, during the scrum. They have also said numerous times there are 3 ops, two outside one inside.

Please point me to that link where they said that. You can't even put out tomato plants at this time of year. It's b/c of the frost possibility. It would kill them. They may have found old grow sites from last year now.

Here is just one article, there are tons..

A law enforcement source has confirmed that investigators found some 200 marijuana plants in the executed Ohio family's indoor grow operation , CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton reports."

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...-executed-Ohio-familys-grow-op-377082181.html

All aren't open caskets.

Where I live, it's more common to have a private viewing for the immediate family before the funeral home is open to the public and then the casket closed for visitation.

Does anyone know how property taxes work for land without a permanent structure? Do you still pay the same tax rate based on the value of the land? (For example, here property tax is 1.25%. So you pay 1.25% of the value of your house every year. But what if my lot had no house on it? Would I still pay 1.25% of the land value?)

I am trying to estimate what Chris's liability was for property tax each year. If he owns 14 pieces of property, which total 200 acres (that is totally made up - just for arguments sake) and each acre is worth $1,000 a piece (so $200,000 in land value -- again totally made up). Does he pay the same county property tax rate of (2% x $200,000 = $4000)? Or is property taxed at a lower rate if it has no permanent structure?

Do barns count? Do you pay property taxes on those?

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help solve this. I am trying to see if maybe he had to pick up a new income stream (rumors that the business was expanding) to cover all the land expenses.

It's all inconsequential really. I'm trying to wrap my mind around whether 200+ plants is truly "commercial" as described, or just enough to pay the bills. I am not buying that it was worth $500,000 a year after hearing from our Mary Jane experts here earlier today.

All that information is on Pike County recorders site... Not the auditors site but the recorders site. Some of the land he was only paying around $11 for. Such as the land the Kenneth was found on that didn't have a permanent home. Which is probably why he chose a 5th wheel.

All that information is on Pike County recorders site... Not the auditors site but the recorders site. Some of the land he was only paying around $11 for. Such as the land the Kenneth was found on that didn't have a permanent home. Which is probably why he chose a 5th wheel.
Someone posted a link last night that had that info, but said it was the auditors site, it had a lot of info on each parcel. I didn't verify what site they said it was.

Thank you so much. I thought maybe if we could pinpoint when Kenneth moved onto Chris's property, we may be able to guess that was around the time their joint business started (see what I did there)?

I see what you did there, BUT Kenneth lived on his own property. It's just as much his as CR. The places Kenneth lived were properties owned "et al" and the et al included Kenneth. Kenneth has lived on one or another of the et al's since his divorce.

Power companies typically frown on fences going across their right of way. Not that it doesn't happen, but I think encountering a fence would be unusual.
OT, bigfoots use those paths all the time- I saw it on TV.
Public Utilities would much more likely fence you out then you fence PU out. Just saying.
Oh & there is truly on I405 northbound Kirkland (burb of Seattle)a Bigfoot Caution X-ing hywy sign.
on the aerial map that shows all the locations, go to satellite view to show the trees, below the properties there is a cut out through the woods, common to when they put up those huge electric lines..
one could have used that to access all properties with no road usage. sure they would of had to walk trough woods. but unseen.
I think you are right on.
the full moon would have helped if they were going through the woods. But that would really be patient planning.
I do think this was a precision surprise execution of adults in Gary's family. Also,there was a family (or perhaps one related by marriage?)in on it.
:cow:

If LE know who did it yet are choosing not to make an arrest, that is pretty reckless. Not to mention cruel to locals who are probably not sleeping very well.

If LE know who did it yet are choosing not to make an arrest, that is pretty reckless. Not to mention cruel to locals who are probably not sleeping very well.

There is the issue of a right to a speedy trial. Is it 72 hours they have to press charges after making an arrest? If they make an arrest too early before they have enough evidence to support a case, they may have to let that person go. And once they're free, they're free to get the heck outta town.

That said, I don't think LE knows quite yet who did this. I'm sure there are solid leads they are following, though.

LE said they want to make sure they can get a conviction. They are still waiting for lab results and other data. They need to be sure and have all the info lined up. I wonder what has happened with the 5 (I think) search warrants they filed.

That said, I don't think LE knows quite yet who did this. I'm sure there are solid leads they are following, though.
I agree with you. I think they are following the money trail from illegal activities, probably the weed - although I think there might be others, too. I think the trail has led them out of the local area.

I'm still thinking this is way too sophisticated for anyone right there in the area. This appears to be drug related imo. And also for a case this big the police and district attorneys will work closely and have meetings to ensure evidence is all wrapped up and ready for arrest so they don't botch it. This would be a big case to blow if they missed a step.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Someone posted a link later night that had that info, but said it was the auditors site, it had a lot of info on each parcel. I didn't verify what site they said it was.

It could be on the auditors site too. I haven't checked but it's the recorders site where I have found the most information and actual deeds and documents that were filed.

Maybe that's not their role in the pipeline.
Well she was addressing someone saying they didn't need someone in that role. They said just load it in the car, drive up.to Detroit and start selling to customers.

Although it says "viewing", and depending on the amount & location of the gunshots/trauma in might be possible, I think it's more likely that "visitation" would be the reality of the situation. Most of the "viewings" I've been to were (thankfully) closed-casket visitations. It's really just a chance for family & friends to pay their respects, convey their condolences to the surviving family members and remember the deceased. I always think of it as less formal than the funeral itself, but more solemn than a wake.

Just my 2 cents as an Irish Catholic...old school to boot......

1. Visitation maybe for as long as 3 days at the funeral parlor (so that people that live out town may come and pay their respects. People have jobs, families, and scheduled plans. Some are elderly but have known the deceased for 60+ years. This gives them a window of opportunity to come.) The casket may either be open or closed (with a photo of the deceased on top.) Family members may have to fly in from all over the globe to pay tribute.....

2. Funeral = Actual Church (or otherwise) Service. Trip to the Cemetery to watch the burial.

3. Irish Wake = the "letting go", afterwards with a giant group of loved ones. Yes there is usually booze involved, everyone is grief stricken.

JMO

Was it the Pike County Auditor's site?
http://www.pike-co.org/

You can get some info from the auditors site. However to see actual deeds and track history you have to go to the recorders site and I am on my phone currently and don't have access to it right now. I will find it later. You can google it though and have to go through a few clicks to get there. The recorders site is where you can see the actual deeds and names of all the people and who actually owns the et al properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse