Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the two PI's? :wondering:

I have come to the conclusion that we are not going to get any satisfactory answers out of JR. Would love to see something posted from her family to counterbalance the obvious issues with his communication style and personality that comes off in a bad way given comments he makes, like "I never knew how strong my love for my wife was, until I lost her. Baby, please come home!" etc. Why talk about her in the third person?

I'm wondering if her family wrote her off, or if they are afraid to say anything in fear of the government. I've been reading some comments from random people in China who are upset at some of Jenny's comments about the government.

Which could be why, too, that the Chinese government doesn't give a crap about helping find her.

That's my feeling about him, too. The fact that he's older, and "not the easiest one to get along with" in his own words (Komo News, 4/24), marrying at an older age suggests to me that he might have gone to China looking for a wife. And she, much younger and naive, not fluent in English might not have picked up on his awkwardness at first, seeing him as her ticket to adventure. Once the reality of their marriage set in, she might have been looking for a way out, or at the very least, a break. I still think the best case scenario is that she has intentionally gone off the grid to get away from him. But it is also very likely she took a ride with the wrong person and is in serious danger.

I don't get his expectation for strangers to fund the search for his wife. He complains about having to use his own money, but why shouldn't he? That is really odd to me. On the other hand, I don't think it's a scam, because he's certainly not getting rich by doing it. He just seems to have a strange sense of entitlement.

And what does he honestly expect the governments to do? China is too far away and she is almost not a citizen there, our current administration does not consider Americans held or lost in other countries a priority, and Mexico is so corrupt, without regular bribes, nothing helpful will be done there. At his age, is he not aware of this?

This is not looking good.:(

And what does he honestly expect the governments to do? China is too far away and she is almost not a citizen there, our current administration does not consider Americans held or lost in other countries a priority, and Mexico is so corrupt, without regular bribes, nothing helpful will be done there. At his age, is he not aware of this?

I believe she is a citizen of China. She is not an American. The Chinese government should handle this. What they can do, I don’t know.

I believe she is a citizen of China. She is not an American. The Chinese government should handle this. What they can do, I don’t know.

I know she is a Chinese citizen but she holds an American green card. I personally don't think China worries too much over citizens out of the country, pursuing citizenship elsewhere.

Hot lead! They found out where she stayed Monday night April 11. She was seen getting into a full trailer of a major international brand and have a description of the driver they will track down with the company.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/614694565372258/

A photo of Jenny's writing in a notebook from the last place she stayed. There are dates past April 11, up to May 6 perhaps. She may have been planning ahead? Or someone else wrote it? She wasn't seen after April 12 when she got into the trailer. People seem confused about what this is.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/614695842038797/

Description of what she wrote. Someone spotted her Chinese name. I can't find it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/614708212037560/

Post discussing the date format used and whether she wrote it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/614725735369141/

And of course, an addition to the fundraising page asking for more donations to keep the PI's working.

Something's very odd about the photo on FB of her "writing". It looks like lists of prices for a business, eg, discounts ("descontar") for/from Artemio for 1, 2, and 5 kilos (the latter 65.00) of tortillas on subsequent dates up to April 26 and a list that includes 6 models/forms?, 20 pairs of tights, and 2 (? of) peanuts for/from Alex in May. Maybe those three Chinese characters mid-page toward the top are her name, but:

- why would she be totaling amounts for various people, eg, Artemio food, over periods of time?
- why is JR calling columns of figures "just notes"?
- how did her notebook remain for weeks (since April 11 or 12) in the last place she's known to have stayed?
- how did she date running tallies in late April when she was seen leaving on a bus April 12?

Description of what she wrote. Someone spotted her Chinese name. I can't find it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/614708212037560/

Her name is the three Chinese characters in the upper middle of the page.

I wonder who wrote the sideways writing. It doesn’t look like she writes cursive. Her handwriting looks a little too messy to write like that. But maybe she has mad skills for different types of handwriting.

Also someone mentioned one of the date formats being different. But I must be missing that because they all look like they are written day-month-year to me. Does anyone see 4-11-2016 anywhere?

Mo7Quvz.jpg

The right side of the page reminds me of playing cards/games, a common pass time for those backpacking and staying in traveller's quarters like hostels. Just what came to mind, though.

I wonder if the document was still around because her last night was more private couchsurfer style, where a guest room/extra space may not have been reused since, as opposed to a business with frequent housekeeping and turnover.

I confess I haven't read this thread completely so I apologize if I am not getting the picture.

According to this page, her husband is offering 50,000 pesos in reward money.

50,000 pesos is $2,726.67

http://www.nvinoticias.com/nota/8660/esposo-busca-china-desaparecida

it also goes on to say (through Google translate):

... cameras caught Jenny Chen, at 10:17 am on Monday, April 11 against the Peppa Pig cafe where [she] exchanged words with a man and then continued on his way towards Administrative City on federal highway 190 Christopher Columbus in Tlalixtac jurisdiction of Cabrera.

[Jenny's husband] said the [Chinese] embassy does not support in the search for his wife, because she is in the United States with a permanent visa and despite being married dede ago three years, the procedures of nationalization just 70 percent advance.

The Chinese community in Oaxaca offer 120,000 pesos to support Jonathan on his trip to Mexico (?):
The Chinese community based in Oaxaca ...offered 120 thousand pesos for economic support for the pursuit of his compatriot situation thanked Jonathan Reinharel, and no doubt that the authorities of the Asian country as soon as they hear the news support Chen Qoudan finding, which has already invested $ 200,000, including per diem and private investigations.

It also appears that Jenny decided 3 weeks before the trip to go:
"Three weeks before starting the journey, suddenly he told me to take new decisions in his life had to be herself, and which would travel through Mexico to get to Cuba, stopping at several locations throughout the country, including Cancun them, where would for a few days with me, "explained Jonathan.

First I'm hearing this, she purchased a phone in Mexico but did not give Jonathan the number:
Arriving in Mexican territory, the woman who worked as a cashier and then took a year, bought a cell phone, but did not give the number to her husband and only communicated with him via social networks when found connections Wifi.

Something about a woman selling tamales:
The Chinese reported that traveled to Ocotlan de Morelos to know the life of a woman selling tamales and similarly Capulálpam Mendez was in the Sierra Norte. Meanwhile, the young man who stayed last time Jenny south of the city, said Chen said he decided to move house because the man who gave him asylum, "he said strange things and had very dirty house, even with rats. "

http://www.nvinoticias.com/nota/8660/esposo-busca-china-desaparecida

Her name is the three Chinese characters in the upper middle of the page.

I wonder who wrote the sideways writing. It doesn’t look like she writes cursive. Her handwriting looks a little too messy to write like that. But maybe she has mad skills for different types of handwriting.

Also someone mentioned one of the date formats being different. But I must be missing that because they all look like they are written day-month-year to me. Does anyone see 4-11-2016 anywhere?

Mo7Quvz.jpg

I agree with what you see on the page! I noticed that the small a's are written in a very specific way, kinda making a little circle inside the a. Should make it easy to identify it as Jenny's writing as long as they have confirmed samples! (And I agree the bubbly a is closer to handwriting than not) I can't find the 4-11-2016 but it looks like there are numbers and lists on the other side of the paper including the word "artenio" with numbers so it would make sense if this were the way she was keeping track of something -- well, it at least looks like the notes on the two pages are consistent with one another, whoever wrote them.

If she forgot her notebook (or lost it) I wonder if she were making plans for her future dates and that's why we see May in there. I wonder what that date in May means? Maybe that's when she needed to be somewhere specific to meet up with somebody? Lends more credit if you're looking at the possibility that she chose to go off the grid, I guess.

Are we sure these two are even married? I didn't see one photo of him on her FB.

trying to piece together dates with the notes posted above:

She began travelling in Mexico on March 1. She left Oaxaca on April 11 for Cancun with an anticipated April 15 meetup at the airport with her husband for a few days.

From there, she was planning to go to Cuba on Saturday (April 23?!?) and New York City on June 1. She is fluent in English and Chinese and learning Spanish.

She was scheduled to be back in Seattle on July 5

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/woman-missing-on-oaxaca-cancun-trip/
http://komonews.com/news/local/seat...oes-missing-during-backpacking-trip-to-mexico
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...es-missing-in-mexico-during-backpacking-trip/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PixelP