Claremont Serial Killer: Media, Timelines, Photos *NO-DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
6EBfFko.jpg

Ciara Glennon

Screen shot from video at link

9 News Perth: 15 October 2015 https://www.facebook.com/9NewsPerth/videos/1112561422089350/

Cab driver: Police have proof - I did not abduct Sarah Spiers
June 4, 2016: http://postnewspapers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/POST_04-1.pdf

"Police accused Steven Ross of abducting Sarah Spiers from Claremont in 1996, but he says his taxi-driving records prove he did not."

Excerpt below - Continued at link.

I am the now-retired taxi driver police suspected of involvement in the Claremont serial killings. Though the police promised me they would release to me the Swan Taxi computer records that prove my innocence, they still refuse to do so.

My story, which will be familiar to long-term POST readers, is that I picked up as a fare Sarah Spiers, one of the victims, the night before she went missing in 1996. I voluntarily reported this to police a month after she disappeared. They first asked if I had a criminal record and when I answered yes, they lost all interest. I know it was Sarah in my cab because she came out of Club Bay View while I was outside my cab. She said she had called another taxi from inside the club but had changed her mind about going to Mosman Park and wanted to go home to South Perth.

FORMER SUSPECTS NOW CLEARED BY POLICE
What they discovered was a man who liked to drive around many of Perth’s entertainment precincts late at night and would repeatedly circle young women — up to 30 times on one occasion.

getimagecontent_3_1bafn43-1bafn45.jpg

Title: Glare of suspicion burnt several innocent men
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/w...f-suspicion-burnt-several-innocent-men/#page1
Grant Taylor - The West Australian on January 27, 2016, 12:10 am
Online: 4 November 2016 11.30am, Status: Non paywall

ciara_rayney_100_garden.jpg

Debi, Marshall, 2007. The Devil's Garden: The Claremont Serial Killings. 2nd ed. Australia: Random House

heard a knock on the door of Balgowlah home and saw two men dressed in suits standing on his doorstep.

“My first thought was that Mormons had come to the door and then they said they were from the WA Police Cold Case Squad, can we talk to you?” Warner said.

Warner’s initial assumption was that they were following up on the disappearance of a girl in 1980 after she was at North Cottesloe Surf Club on the night his band played there. Her body was found but to this day the killer has never been found.

“But then they said it involved the Claremont serial killer case, which is the most expensive crime case ever in Australia and is still unsolved 20 years later,” he said.

He has never heard from the police again but admits that unexpected visit from the officers two years ago, when they took a DNA sample was unsettling.

City Of Light was released three months before the first Claremont killing and there were three bizarre coincidences that tied that book to the Claremont case.

The first similarity is that it was set in Nedlands, about a kilometre from where the real killings took place.

In another strange twist the main character in the book is a policeman named Richard “Snowy” Lane. And when they formed the task force to hunt down the Claremont serial killer, the first detective put in charge was also Richard Lane.

Showing how truth can indeed be stranger than fiction, the artwork for the book was done by Brad Rimmer and the name of the second victim was Jane Rimmer.

Warner recalled that at the time of the killings letters were published in Western Australian newspapers saying police should at look at City Of Lights, which incidentally won the West Australian Premier’s Literary Award.

Title:How crime novel by a rock singer could hold the key to capturing a real life serial killer
September 30, 2016 11:11pm - Jon Geddes
Online: Monday 7th December 2016 - 9:00am, Status: Non Paywall

the_Age_1998_csk.jpg

Title:Fear and Loathing in Perth's Heart
Publisher: The Age, May 30 1998, Page 30
Tags: Claremont, Serial killer

65423573d5d9028d9a6d6e5f02a00879.jpg

Dave warner author city of lights

layout photo app

6be8641e753e47340d954140813b456e.jpg

" Fear rivals COOKE hysteria " Screen grab from claremont killer crime investigation (steve liebman hosted)

layout photo app

d195354827a1d7d03fba2502c8cab672.jpg

Article credit #papertrail
June 11 1996
layout app for photos

4bab3d494fef854d3ae95d9a729fe5bb.jpg

the club Bayview marked yellow on corner . Source someone on here

layout app for photos

22c1c1c5179a2bf52e94fcf17260bdec.jpg

Map of claremont cbd
Source here ws .

layout app for photos

3d29f5befad9e96c19d004e96408452f.jpg

Closer view of Claremont cbd

layout app for photos

24a35496b978746c57188dadfd9a7745.jpg

Jane waiting outside club bay view as a car cruises past frame from claremont killer documentary (steve liebman) this is reenactment for tv crime investigation aust hunt for a killer [emoji329] [emoji102]

layout app for photos

Edit sorry post #101 is part (lower half ) from liebman documentary screen grab

layout app for photos

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member