TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm playing one of those hidden object games. :scared:

Have a great night, all.

Caught on film,

> "Staging" the scene. <

(Yeah, I'm sure that when they find out who this is)

D. A. and "State of Texas"
are gonna' l-o-v-e this one.

That was my first thought. Could very well be. But there are places in the video where it looks like a balaklava as well.

You're right. Could be either one. Here is my thought on that. If I was thinking like SP, I would more than likely wear a ff helmet in case I got flipped over on my head. Plus, victim would have a hard time scratching at my face, or grabbing my throat. I have both kinds of helmets here in the shop. I'll have to take a look tomorrow (because I don't like going out to thein the dark right now.) I think you're spot on with your measurements! Thanks again.

Good Evening My Wonderful True Crime Friends.

Please remember you cannot post pictures with minors OK?

Thank you,
Tricia

Caught on film,

> "Staging" the scene. <

(Yeah, I'm sure that when they find out who this is)

D. A. and "State of Texas"
are gonna' l-o-v-e this one.

Some of these posts tonight leave me shaking my head and wondering what is going on? Is everyone speaking in code tonight?

Now I run across this post, and absolutely have no idea what it is hinting at. Can you give me an idea of what you are talking about?

I'm in Michigan but I'm familiar with wearing my gear in the rain including a loaded backpack, plus we train for all sorts of terrain. I'm not sure what kind of terrain is north of the church but it just seems to me that SP would have been better off on foot than parking a car in the church lot.
It would be interesting to know how much of that area was searched. You're right, the mud & the rain probably would have destroyed any evidence. JMO.

<snip>

Totally support SAR as there are many of us who are members posting at WS (Websleuths). Thank you for your important volunteer service, Roxie.

I visited an outdoor CS (crime scene) in April, 2015 after the murder occurred in December, 2014. I spied a tiny piece of nylon cloth that I carefully dug out of moist soil. It was caked with soil and debris such a pine bark. I took it home and soaked it gently for days before realizing what I had uncovered. After several days of being in shock, and with a trembling voice, I phoned the FBI.

Another SAR member at WS, uncovered a missing victim's body parts during a fairly recent SAR simply by kicking around some leaves when her ATV became bogged in the brush.

Hence, evidence, when left outdoors, can be still discovered with due diligence. Footprints and/or tire tracks in muddy areas may not have washed away since, according to underground weather on April 18, the heavy rain became rain at 3:53am then, light rain at 4:47am and stopped raining, minutes later, around 5am.

At 2am, when the Altima was spotted at the gun shop, the Midlothian area experienced heavy rain.

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...reqdb.zip=76063&reqdb.magic=2&reqdb.wmo=99999

I hated to do it, but I just unapproved 20-something posts. If you notice your post is gone, it's probably for one of four reasons:

*your post contained a picture or a link to a picture that included minors
*your post involved the sleuthing of random people from jail booking logs
*your post either directly or indirectly insinuated that BB is a suspect or could be responsible for this heinous crime
*your post quoted another post that contained one of the above

Please go back to the beginning of the thread and review the guidelines that have been set forth by Tricia and the other admins, and also review WS rules and TOS. Thanks!

I have been looking at video's all evening. This one I found interesting. It was the day when last batch of SW were filed/made public

Published on May 4, 2016
Start around the 2:00 mark.. the reporter said tried to speak with MPD on camera but they instead just issued a statement... "...they would not be commenting further on the affidavits especially not about the cause of Missy's death or mechanism of injury - information only the killer would know" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWsSgzgJFpQ&feature=youtu.be

So I looked that up:

mechanism of injury
the circumstance in which an injury occurs, for example, sudden deceleration, wounding by a projectile, or crushing by a heavy object.
Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 9th edition. © 2009, Elsevier.

mechanism of injury Abbreviation: MOI
The manner in which a physical injury occurred (e.g., fall from a height, ground-level fall, high- or low-speed motor vehicle accident, ejection from a vehicle, vehicle rollover). The MOI is used to estimate the forces involved in trauma and, thus, the potential severity for wounding, fractures, and internal organ damage that a patient may suffer as a result of the injury.

See also: mechanism
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/mechanism+of+injury

Mechanisms of Death are alterations of physiology and biochemistry whereby the cause exerts its lethal effect. Mechanisms of death are never etiologically specific and are unacceptable as substitutes for the underlying cause of death. Common fatal mechanisms of death include congestive heart failure, cardiac arrhythmias, septicemia, disseminated intravascular coagulation, hepatic failure and anoxic encephalopathy. When completing a death certificate or when analyzing a fatality in an attempt to ascertain why a person died, mechanisms of death and immediate causes of death can be used interchangeably, but the "bottom line" underlying cause of death must be an etiologically specific disease or injury. The term "cardiorespiratory arrest" is a description of being dead, not a cause of death.
http://www.harriscountytx.gov/ifs/cause.aspx

rsbm

Respectfully, I think the boots and helmet account for 3-5 inches. I have Oxfords and loafers that have a 1" heel.

True, Montjoy. The door height is 80" (on rare occasions, custom door heights are 96" but not in this case). Now, it appeared that the perp was approx ten inches to one foot shorter than the door which puts the perp at 70" to 72". The average of the two = 5' 11". Then minus an inch for boot heel height gives us 5'10". The helmet could add some inches so maybe that could get us down to 5'7"??? I don't know?

But of course this is speculation & LE's analysis says 5'2" to 5'7" and so maybe the video distorts the height to me and SWATperp appears considerably taller?

Yes, on the previous page.

I see the photo of the cover on the previous page but not the link to the story. Haven't been home to read recently. So sorry if this is old news to some.

JMHO, I found this very interesting read :

CAUSE, MECHANISM, AND MANNER OF DEATH
Simply put, the cause of death is the reason the individual died. A heart attack, a gunshot wound, and a skull fracture are causes of death. They are the diseases or injuries that alter the victim's physiology and lead to death. The mechanism of death is the actual physiological change, or variation in the body's inner workings, that causes the cessation of life.

A shot in the heart, for example, is a cause of death that can lead to one of several mechanisms of death, including exsanguination (bleeding to death) or sepsis (infection that enters the blood stream). Similarly, the victim of a skull fracture can die from direct trauma to the brain (cerebral contusion), bleeding into the brain itself (intracerebral bleed), or bleeding around the brain (subdural or epidural hematoma), all of which can lead to compression of the brain and result in a stoppage of breathing (asphyxia). Again, one cause can lead to death by several mechanisms.

Conversely, one mechanism can result from several different causes. A gunshot wound, stabbing, bleeding ulcer, or a bleeding lung tumor can cause you to bleed to death. In each case, blood loss and shock are the abnormal physiological changes.

For example, say that a man is struck by an intoxicated driver's car and severely injured. The paramedics arrive and transport him to the hospital, where he dies as a result of his injuries. The blunt trauma from the car may have caused lethal brain injuries, and the driver may be charged in the man's death. On the other hand, if the injuries weren't that severe, and the victim died from internal bleeding that paramedical and hospital personnel failed to recognize and treat appropriately, who then is responsible for the man's death? In each of these scenarios the cause of death is blunt trauma from the automobile impact, but the mechanism is either a brain contusion or exsanguination.
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/forensics-defining-death.html

Hi. I've been following along as much as I can but this is my first post on this thread. I apologize, I know this has been asked a million times but can some one please post the pic of swat perps eyes again??? Thank you.
It would be better if you searched poster MrsPC and got the originals, but here are my Multiplicity copies of copies of copies. IIRC Red eye is Right and Yellow eye is Left. They are not from the same frames of released video/stills.

Attachments

• Red Eye.jpg
    Red Eye.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 75
  • YELLOW eye.png
    YELLOW eye.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 83
Are we going to scorned, angry, secret gay lover?

I'm not, personally. I just think it could be a youngish male who is doing this not because he is directly involved with Missy, but under pressure from someone else.
I do not know who else, though I have some vague feelings but nothing worth sharing at this point.

ETA that's if SP is not a female. I'm more sure it's a female or a young male than an older male, by far.
I am ready to be proven wrong though... bring on the arrest/s already!~

View attachment 95570

I did some research and put on a helmet (racing) and OMG it was hot, I could barely hear or breathe. I can't imagine adding a balaclava to the mix! I don't think this is the type of helmet SP wore but I do notice the straps (pictured) and the hanging thing taped to the side that could be confused with a mic (as speculated or questioned in previous posts) or possibly the straps were not fastened like I did? I made the face shot B&W like the one of SP we are working with and as you can tell, the helmet I'm wearing has more open space in the front.

Full disclaimer, it took liquid courage to post these but its research, right? :drink:

ETA: I have a lot of (long) hair. If SP is female I will bet my next paycheck her hair is not long. No way I could have fit it in there with all that other stuff. IMO

My what pretty eyes.... not the Killer eyes we have been seeing :freakedout: I bet that Suspect was hot though.

Missy's mother, who lived two hours away from the Bevers's Midlothian, Texas, home, has moved in with the family. Brandon says he enjoys her company and the comfort she provides.

http://www.people.com/article/brandon-bevers-make-wife-proud

:loveyou: Having grandma there has to make things feel better for the girls. IMO. I loved my grandma!! :loveyou:

:findinglink: Just saying... LE can use deception in investigations... Google it ... :sweep:

The cold, hard truth is that when it comes solving crimes, deception and lying are key tools in the police investigation toolbox. How courts will react to a specific police practice varies according to the circumstances under which the tactic is used. Trying to outwit a trained police investigator is a dangerous game for anyone suspected of committing a crime to play.

Exercising your right to remain silent and speak to an attorney when confronted by police interrogation is the best way to avoid falling victim to police lies and deceptive practices. A Houston criminal defense attorney is a good source of legal advice and guidance before speaking to the police. http://billyskinnerlaw.com/Houston-...-in-investigations-and-during-interrogations/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member