Bosma Murder Trial 05.31.16 - Day 56 - Closing Arguments Begin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How far ahead were his plans made for these meetings after May 6 is what I want to know.

If he made them months before and then cleared his schedule for that week all of a sudden that would make people see red flags. Better to carry on with normal life and not raise any suspicion.

I think Pillay is doing a good job - he's pretty limited here. Of course I don't buy what he's trying to sell.
He makes a good point about DM having plans, meetings in the days immediately after the murder. Instead of proving that DM wasn't planning murder, to me it shows that DM and MS didn't originally plan to kill Tim in the truck. Dealing with the mess in the truck is what added so much time to their cleanup.

I think it just shows he knew that keeping these appointments may give him an "in" into people believing he didn't plan anything imo

I think Pillay is doing a good job - he's pretty limited here. Of course I don't buy what he's trying to sell.
He makes a good point about DM having plans, meetings in the days immediately after the murder. Instead of proving that DM wasn't planning murder, to me it shows that DM and MS didn't originally plan to kill Tim in the truck. Dealing with the mess in the truck is what added so much time to their cleanup.

I think DM thought he was invincible and thought he would get away with it. He loves himself more than he loves anyone else. imo it wouldn't surprise me that he thought he could do this and move on the next day with his life.

"Opting to build an open trailer makes no sense at all" if Millard was planning to use it to incinerate a body," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 10:30 AM

Pillay says Millard also could have put a tarp on the device to hide it from plain view, but didn't.
by Adam Carter 10:31 AM

"If this was a planned and deliberate murder, why not have a tarp?" Pillay says. "It would most certainly occur to the calculated murderer."
by Adam Carter 10:32 AM

I really feel for the Bosma family. Obvious the act itself of planning is important to the charges but Sharlene must be thinking "either way these 2 monsters killed Tim."

I trust the Crown will address Pillay's version and refute everything.

"Had Mr. Millard planned to commit a murder on May 6 as the Crown says ... he would have cleared his schedule. He would have given himself the time and space to ensure a proper exit plan could unfold."
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

Pillay says that Millard also didn't try to conceal the Eliminator.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

"Wouldn't Mr. Millard have built a closed trailer for it?" Pillay says. "Shane could have fashioned a trailer to conceal it from plain view."
by Adam Carter 10:29 AM

I don't think it would ever have functioned in a closed trailer, would it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pillay says this is the same man who wouldn't drive with a suspended licence, so he wouldn't have driven around with the incinerator uncovered.
by Adam Carter 10:33 AM

Pillay now talking about how attached Millard was to his dog, and points out that the dog was with them on May 6.
by Adam Carter 10:33 AM

"If Mr. Millard had planned to commit a murder, he never would have brought his dog with him," Pillay says. "Why would anyone bring their dog on a planned and deliberate murder? It makes no sense."
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Pillay says Millard wouldn't drive with a suspended licence, so he wouldn't have driven around with the incinerator uncovered. #Bosma

huh? He clearly drove around with the incinerator....we have this on video.....what is Pillay trying to say here?

"Opting to build an open trailer makes no sense at all" if Millard was planning to use it to incinerate a body," Pillay says.

Pillay says Millard also could have put a tarp on the device to hide it from plain view, but didn't.

"If this was a planned and deliberate murder, why not have a tarp?" Pillay says. "It would most certainly occur to the calculated murderer."

Who needs a trailer or a tarp when you have a barn???.......or bushes !!

Pillay now moving to Millard's cellphone.
by Adam Carter 10:36 AM

The evidence shows his own phone wasn't shut down on May 6. That means there was no plan, Pillay alleges.
by Adam Carter 10:36 AM

Pillay now showing all of the texts from Millard's phone. Smich's phone and the Bate phone were turned off that night.
by Adam Carter 10:38 AM

He did have a tarp.

The Bate phone is a burner phone Millard had.
by Adam Carter 10:38 AM

The failure to turn off his phone shows that Millard wasn't planning to commit murder, Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 10:39 AM

Millard also didn't power down his phone on the Tumanenko test drive.
by Adam Carter 10:41 AM

"This all reflects what was going on in his mind, and it certainly wasn't a plan to kill," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 10:42 AM

Now taking a 15-minute recess.
by Adam Carter 10:42 AM

Curious, does anyone think it's possible that a murder wasn't actually planned, but just happened?

I will be first to say I know where the enchanted magical forest is that Sachak has brought up so often. It is the offices of Pillay and Sachak. I imagine there we can find some unicorns and other mystical creatures

"He was clearly trying to hide something," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 9:58 AM

He says that demeanor shows that Smich knew what was coming.
by Adam Carter 9:58 AM

Pillay now mentioning the other thefts. "Mr. Millard is not a reckless person when it comes to these thefts," Pillay says. He's "methodical."
by Adam Carter 9:59 AM
Where is the proof in that, the walkie-talkies they said they used in plan site of the text messaging.

Curious, does anyone think it's possible that a murder wasn't actually planned, but just happened?
The phrase it 'just happened' never fails to amuse me. The weather happens....a trip on a rug happens.....but a murder.
Geez, somewhere in a murder surely there has been some human cognitive effort. Just the act of being prepared or equipped to commit a murder should make it clear that murders don't just happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back