GA - Bridget Shiel, 19, found murdered in Atlanta park, 31 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=twitter;738036915396431872]https://twitter.com/NefertitiWSB/status/738036915396431872[/video]

I hope they found some clues. This case has made me so sad

that makes me think it was a jealous woman (she seemed to have that curvy sexy body many girls want) or a man for the same reason (jealous, wanted her and couldn't have her the way he wanted)

IIRC, it was the back and buttocks area? That indicates to me that she was running away from her attacker.

I agree with you Hatfield. Our family is mostly military, and we have armor piercing bullets and hollow points in our cache. Not a lot, but enough if it was ever warranted. We don't practice with them or anything. They just sit in a box for "just in case." LOL So, yes, this person knows about guns and ammo, IMHO.

that makes me think it was a jealous woman (she seemed to have that curvy sexy body many girls want) or a man for the same reason (jealous, wanted her and couldn't have her the way he wanted)

I thought that too, Valdez. It's kind of simplistic, but Bridget's hairstyle now reminds me of Ruby Rose.

Strange case. RIP Bridget.

IIRC that show 'The First 48' does a lot of filming in DeKalb county. Wonder if the cameras are following this case.

Can somebody who is familiar with guns ie shoots often or whatever please give input on these 'rare' bullets. Can they not be found at ammo stores? ..because I've just found them online for $38 a box and that's just one site. Upon launch there was also press coverage in my country I read that people who shoot often do not think highly of this product

I agree with you Hatfield. Our family is mostly military, and we have armor piercing bullets and hollow points in our cache. Not a lot, but enough if it was ever warranted. We don't practice with them or anything. They just sit in a box for "just in case." LOL So, yes, this person knows about guns and ammo, IMHO.

I target practice some and so I have both regular solid lead bullets and also some special hollow points that I typically will not use at the gun range. Those special bullets like we saw in the picture usually cost more money too and that is more indication that the person purposely bought the special bullets.

Because if they just wanted any old ammunition then they would not have wanted to spend the extra money. A box of shells is rather expensive these days and getting special ammo like that would be a more pricey cost difference. Which tells us the person wanted to invest in the special ammo.

Dénouement;12600908 said:
Can somebody who is familiar with guns ie shoots often or whatever please give input on these 'rare' bullets. Can they not be found at ammo stores? ..because I've just found them online for $38 a box and that's just one site. Upon launch there was also press coverage in my country I read that people who shoot often do not think highly of this product

I wouldn't really call them "rare". The company that came out with them just made a lot of hype about them because their bullet splinters and fragments more upon impact than other types of special bullets.

They can be found in lots of ammo stores. The link below shows a box of 9 MM RIP bullets for around 45$. Instead of normal mushrooming like a hollow point typically does, these RIP bullets will fragment and splinter off which causes wounds from each particle.

Its a nasty round and is used for self defense or someone wanting to kill someone. Its not meant for target practice since they cost more than regular solid lead bullets.

The RIP bullets are just another form of a specialty bullet. The 2nd link below talks a lot about them.

The main thing is whoever bought that ammo made a conciounce choice to buy specialty ammo. And it shows the person knew about guns and ammo.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=R.I.P.+ammo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...single-women-protect-homes.html#ixzz4AJ2zAjeE

The interesting thing too about that ammo is it was specifically marketed for women for self defense so it does make you wonder if the shooter could have been a female.

Hmmmmm

Obviously though nothing prevents either a male or a female from purchasing that ammo. Just an interesting point about the marketing of that ammo from the company that came out with it.

amber rose ;) ruby rose does have a Caucasian version though. is this girl biracial?

I thought that too, Valdez. It's kind of simplistic, but Bridget's hairstyle now reminds me of Ruby Rose.

Dénouement;12599738 said:
Good question but I myself have a few important assets addressed to a property I no longer live at but my school is registered at the address I sleep.

There is a video on this site of LE finding her. She is by no means hidden but is placed almost in the middle of some trees.
HAhpWDn.jpg

For Memorial Day weekend do parks end up full with families? I ask because the car was last seen on Saturday and Bridget found on Tuesday. I wonder if this park is fully secure when closed. *off to Google maps* Sunrise would have been around 6:30 with Bridget found 'just before 7'

dmhob4S.jpg

A big question is why someone would risk dragging or carrying a naked body to a clearing in a park on a holiday weekend. I know others have mentioned it too. Why take that risk? High on drugs? Wanted her to be found in a humiliating manner and/or quickly? Both? It seems like a crime of passion on the surface but the actions afterward don't really support that in my mind.

Valdez, oops, lol, yes, I meant Amber Rose. :) I have no idea if she is biracial.

I was trying to find a layout of the park to see how far the basketball courts were from the pool. I found the facebook page for the park. But no map, just referring to it was redone last year.

It wouldn't be the first time that folks that age went skinny dipping at night in a closed municipal pool.

I was trying to find a layout of the park to see how far the basketball courts were from the pool. I found the facebook page for the park. But no map, just referring to it was redone last year.

It wouldn't be the first time that folks that age went skinny dipping at night in a closed municipal pool.
attachment.php

Attachments

• pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 548

I put photos of the park on the first page Edit: NVM

Thanks. I cant discern pool and basketball court in park on phone..will look on computer later
Pool is marked just below red pin. BB court is on the left side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Pool is marked just below red pin. BB court is on the left side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

:tyou: I was thinking if they were right next to each other there could be a situation where she was running naked right next to the swimming pool ..but since it's so far away to the basketball courts :dunno:

Those bullets used... Hopefully the sales of that will help track perp also.

I live in MO, and the bullets are readily available at any gun show or gun shop. They are significantly more expensive than traditional, standard bullets, and they are in my experience mostly for show. I get the vibe of a gang-ish perp here, as opposed to a military or gun aficionado, as these bullets are, in my experience, more about looking cool than they are purposeful. It would be much cheaper and cost effective to simply be a good shot and use a standard bullet. For a person to have these bullets locked and loaded, they are more inclined to be seeking to impress others. I also agree with the consensus here that the perp did in fact have a fair amount of knowledge pertaining to firearms, be it illegal or legally obtained knowledge. All just my opinion.

Dénouement;12600908 said:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back