TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link or just a TL handy of the sequence of calls? IIRC, MT (BB bio mom) got the call first and she called KS (BB sister) and then someone called BB from the church before LE called him? Do we have any clear account of the timeline of phone call events? TIA!

I took frame by frame ss of this helicopter video You can see that the terrain is not level by the water run off and puddled Here are a few ss. I see no reason why someone if they drove there couldn't have parked on the N side and left. Who to say if saw a veh wasn't left the night prior especially if saw and no one was in vehicle? Very dark side of building. Sparse lighting. And property drops down as seen in other video ss Not ruling out drop off but I see that as a better chance of getting seen. JMHO. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ho...-Dead-Inside-Midlothian-Church-376089631.html

I did look at the helicopter footage. What about the runoff/puddling? I'm not following. Does that have something to do with SP's entry/exit? tia

I took frame by frame ss of this helicopter video You can see that the terrain is not level by the water run off and puddled Here are a few ss. I see no reason why someone if they drove there couldn't have parked on the N side and left. Who to say if saw a veh wasn't left the night prior especially if saw and no one was in vehicle? Very dark side of building. Sparse lighting. And property drops down as seen in other video ss Not ruling out drop off but I see that as a better chance of getting seen. JMHO. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ho...-Dead-Inside-Midlothian-Church-376089631.html

For some reason could not add ss so had to reboot and do this
I took frame by frame ss of this helicopter video You can see that the terrain is not level by the water run off and puddled Here are a few ss. I see no reason why someone if they drove there couldn't have parked on the N side and left. Who to say if saw a veh wasn't left the night prior especially if saw and no one was in vehicle? Very dark side of building. Sparse lighting. And property drops down as seen in other video ss Not ruling out drop off but I see that as a better chance of getting seen.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ho...-Dead-Inside-Midlothian-Church-376089631.html JMHO I also think that MB had a bed cover on truck (one of those that is like a lid) JMHO from looking at reflection coming off of it

View attachment 95885

View attachment 95886

View attachment 95887

View attachment 95888

Attachments

• Heli April 18 23 sec mark.JPG
    Heli April 18 23 sec mark.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 75
Yes! And from BB we learn she was wearing her wedding ring. Which means she chose to wear her ring the morning she was murdered. So maybe, BB's saw a chance to address the rumors that Missy was "unfaithful in her marriage" and put it out there. Because who wears other jewelry, besides a wedding ring, while doing an exercise class?

Totally loving the hammer chat and pictures. It's the murder weapon in my opinion. It isn't a common hammer. I think it will tell the tale.
I wear my wedding rings all of the time. Even when I work out.

Does anyone have a link or just a TL handy of the sequence of calls? IIRC, MT (BB bio mom) got the call first and she called KS (BB sister) and then someone called BB from the church before LE called him? Do we have any clear account of the timeline of phone call events? TIA!

I don't have a link handy but Missy's sister-in-law (KS) talks about it on the Dateline interview.

There are many many business robberies in the DFW area and not once have I ever heard of anyone dressing like a cop especially as you have stated in a secluded area. In addition addicts do not have the presence of mind to cover their tracks. Most of the time addicts do smash and grabs and in businesses they know have valuables like cell phone stores, electronic stores, pawn shops, etc.. I've even seen on the news they hook a chain to an ATM and drag it off. (Not very bright). Not a church, churches don't tend to have a lot of valuables or money on hand that one could use to get a quick fix, this isn't a televangelist church with thousands of members, which there are quite a few in DFW. This is a small town country church. None of this describes this perp this was well thought out. IMO

This is a great point. I don't think a burglary is likely at all, because of the SWAT costume. Here's why:

- if we're talking about someone desparate enough to burgle a church just to get enough for a fix, we aren't talking about someone who can afford to purchase this gear for this purpose.

- if we're talking about someone who invested in this gear thinking it would pay off over multiple burglaries, we'd likely have heard about other burglaries perpetrated by someone in SWAT gear.

- if we posit that the unplanned killing of Missy is what led SP to keep a low profile, we are likely talking about a very inexperienced criminal. However, an inexperienced criminal committing a relatively minor crime seems least likely to panic and murder someone.

- if we think the subject had access to SWAT gear at home that they can purloin without notice, it strikes me that they could have taken a much lower-risk route and stolen something of moderate value from the owner of said gear rather than taking the much greater risk of breaking and entering a church.

To me, at least, that all adds up to something other than a simple burglary. I think the most likely explanation is that Missy was targeted, with an outside chance that the perp was motivated by a paranoia or delusion that would not make sense to a person that does not share SP's particular kind of mental illness.

Yes, AM, I can definitely see someone parking on the north side of the building and even using the walk to the door that they busted in. If they left the original way they came in, I don't know why they destroyed so many other doors in the back. If for a burglary you just need one way in and one way out, unless they were planning on bringing a U-Haul to tote the loot. Just seems like plain meanness that they ruined the other doors that had deadbolts. You're amazing BTW! :loveyou:

It's a bullet proof vest? tia
I went back and checked and see that calling it a bullet proof vest was in a news article and not confirmed by MPD. Somewhere else it was mentioned they did not know if plates were in the vest. But IMO it seems likely wearing tactical gear they would carry tactical tools.

It's a bullet proof vest? tia
I went back and checked and see that calling it a bullet proof vest was in a news article and not confirmed by MPD. Somewhere else it was mentioned they did not know if plates were in the vest. But IMO it seems likely wearing tactical gear they would carry tactical tools.

Average burglary takes less than 7 minutes. Re: Amanda Blackburn (RIP) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nt-murdered-Indianapolis-10-Nov-2015-4/page35

Just a time reference for average home burglary. Our perp spent much more time than 7 minutes in the church. JMO.

I agree. IMO, not a burglary attempt. not related to this post, but just a few back. After hours of breaking my eys, looking at video. at different times, this suspect is carrying different hammers. One looks like a typical framing hammer, and the other wich someone posted a closeup of a few pages back, im not sure. Im more than familiar with tools, but this hammer(wide with wedged ends) looks more like somthing you would work iron with. Not sure, but deffinently not a general purpose hammer. LE also stated in the 2nd presser, that some of the tools found around the body were from the church, and some not.

What kind of gear do you buy or are you issued when you sign up for the DFW Tactical Training in Waxahachie? Or the Strategic Weapons Academy of Texas in Ennis?

10431669_883694884985654_3097873074525646470_n.jpg

There are 2 SW that mention/describe trauma. LEO has continued to say they will not discuss it. MB Autopsy was said to have been completed on Tues April 19. This would be AFTER the SW for the Truck...done April 18 There is no way that they knew what MB died from at that time. Only the injuries that could possibly caused it.

POSTED:APR 19 2016 11:34AM CDT
UPDATED:APR 20 2016 01:12PM CDT
MIDLOTHIAN, Texas - Police have determined how a fitness trainer died at a Midlothian church, but they are not releasing that information.

Missy Bevers’ autopsy was completed by the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office Tuesday morning. Midlothian police said they are not ready to make that report public. http://www.fox4news.com/news/126278594-story

1) From Ford F150 SW, Affidavit, Warrant SIGNED AT 625 pm April 18 and SW Execution same date. It was FILED and made Public April 21, at 8: a.m. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html#warrant

On 04/18/2016 at approximately 0500 hours, Midlothian Police Officers responded to an unresponsive person at Creekside Church, 5401 E US Hwy 287, Midlothian, Ellis County, Texas. Officers arrived on scene and found a white female, identified as Terri Bevers, date of birth 8/09/1970, deceased from a head wound. Officers on scene viewed the surveillance video and observed a male subject in a police jacket and a helmet walking through the building carrying tools and was shown to be burglarizing this location. It is believed this unknown male used an unknown instrument to cause the death of Terri Bevers at this location.

2) From iPhone & iPad 4/19 5:56 pm Affidavit & Warrant, 4/20 Execution of SW
Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.

From my previous post May 28 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-23&p=12593530#post12593530

Start around the 2:00 mark..the reporter said tried to speak with MPD on camera but they instead just issued a statement...
Published on May 4, 2016
"...they would not be commenting further on the affidavits especially not about the cause of Missy's death or mechanism of injury - information only the killer would know"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWsSgzgJFpQ&feature=youtu.be

So I looked that up:

mechanism of injury
the circumstance in which an injury occurs, for example, sudden deceleration, wounding by a projectile, or crushing by a heavy object.
Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 9th edition. © 2009, Elsevier.

mechanism of injury Abbreviation: MOI
The manner in which a physical injury occurred (e.g., fall from a height, ground-level fall, high- or low-speed motor vehicle accident, ejection from a vehicle, vehicle rollover). The MOI is used to estimate the forces involved in trauma and, thus, the potential severity for wounding, fractures, and internal organ damage that a patient may suffer as a result of the injury.
See also: mechanism
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/mechanism+of+injury

Mechanisms of Death are alterations of physiology and biochemistry whereby the cause exerts its lethal effect. Mechanisms of death are never etiologically specific and are unacceptable as substitutes for the underlying cause of death. Common fatal mechanisms of death include congestive heart failure, cardiac arrhythmias, septicemia, disseminated intravascular coagulation, hepatic failure and anoxic encephalopathy. When completing a death certificate or when analyzing a fatality in an attempt to ascertain why a person died, mechanisms of death and immediate causes of death can be used interchangeably, but the "bottom line" underlying cause of death must be an etiologically specific disease or injury. The term "cardiorespiratory arrest" is a description of being dead, not a cause of death. http://www.harriscountytx.gov/ifs/cause.aspx

"A young male is not necessarily deep into addiction. His mind is a lot more acute than an older, long term user. He needs the money but isn't so desperate that he has to make a big score - just a small one."

I concur with Cannonball3804 on many of his points. And would like to add that this "allegedly" young male perp may not be into drugs at all, but does love his beer and may have needed a six-pack to bolster his courage for his little b&e adventure.

"…the seemingly random movement he made throughout the church. LE said they really didn't understand it. Makes sense if he really had no plan."

I think the perp's easy-going movement throughout the church speaks volumes about his motive. Again, not likely that a hit-man or someone out to avenge Missy would be strolling around in that manner. JMO

I agree. IMO, not a burglary attempt. not related to this post, but just a few back. After hours of breaking my eys, looking at video. at different times, this suspect is carrying different hammers. One looks like a typical framing hammer, and the other wich someone posted a closeup of a few pages back, im not sure. Im more than familiar with tools, but this hammer(wide with wedged ends) looks more like somthing you would work iron with. Not sure, but deffinently not a general purpose hammer. LE also stated in the 2nd presser, that some of the tools found around the body were from the church, and some not.

Which makes me wonder... were tools stored in the kitchen area? This whole thing just seems so NOT random to me.

What kind of gear do you buy or are you issued when you sign up for the DFW Tactical Training in Waxahachie? Or the Strategic Weapons Academy of Texas in Ennis?

Or the Midlothian Police Academy which was running a course when Missy died?

Or the Midlothian Police Academy which was running a course when Missy died?

Yes, thank you! That was the one I was originally looking for when I stumbled on the others.

Looks like you don't have to be very old to take that course.

Captain Spann stated April 18 was a Murder until know otherwise. I am thinking they still could be awaiting tests and the Autopsy may be noted Pending. JMHO.
I know in the Beverly Carter murder the family didn't know a lot about her death until way later. Unsure when the Death Certificate was finalized, it was logged in on the docket sheet but not scanned or made public. There were arrests in BC case, right now there has not been one in MB case, so I unsure how much actual Autopsy information has been released with the family. JMHO

From
Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences http://www.harriscountytx.gov/ifs/cause.aspx

The Manner of Death explains how the cause of death arose: a natural vs. violent death. Natural deaths are caused exclusively by disease. If an injury of any sort (mechanical, chemical, electrical, etc.) causes or contributes to death, the fatality is classified as non-natural and then is sub-classed as Accident, Homicide, Suicide or Undetermined.

Homicide - "occurs when death results from ... an injury or poisoning or from "...a volitional act committed by another person to cause fear, harm, or death. Intent to cause death is a common element but is not required for classification as homicide." Homicide is when a person is killed by one or more persons. This is different than murder. Murder is the unlawful taking of a human life by another, especially with premeditated malice. For example, if a police officer kills someone in the line of duty, it is considered a homicide, but not necessarily a murder. All murders are homicides, but not all homicides are murders.

Pending Investigation - when determination of manner of death depends on further information, usually prior to autopsy, external examination or test results.

Of course. If you were a burglar, you're surprised by someone in exercise clothes and you kill them, you're not going to stick around to continue the burglary.

I agree. Perp could just have been in the process of "taking inventory/casing the joint." Could explain why he was merely 'checking out' which rooms to return to.

I did look at the helicopter footage. What about the runoff/puddling? I'm not following. Does that have something to do with SP's entry/exit? tia

Sorry catching up. My point is that it appears to be lower in that area as shown in another video, LEO car is coming uphill a little. So depending where the Campers parked, I see many possibilities of not seeing someone leave from the N side of building. Its not like it is one big flat unobstructed view parking lot. Even though there is only one driveway from Hwy 287. Its jmho and just sharing

I agree. Perp could just have been in the process of "taking inventory/casing the joint." Could explain why he was merely 'checking out' which rooms to return to.

If that were the case, I'm sure he was disappointed. There really isn't much in a church building to steal. TV/computer monitors? Not worth the effort and risk of being seen carrying them. Unless the perp wanted crayons and art supplies in the Sunday School room or cookies and juice (or Saran Wrap!) in the kitchen, there isn't much worth the effort of dressing up and breaking in to steal.

I just do not see a break in.....except to either be a jerk (maybe) or to kill (bingo).

JMOpinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members