TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... At risk of an answer that has been stated many times in these threads that I may have missed (and I read ALL)...

Did they say a news station got a pic of the Altima? Where am I getting this thought?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was given out at the News Conference 5/20

3) yeah no good answer for that

RSBM

Plausible deniability in the event that the church had an alarm or the perp otherwise somehow got caught before MB showed up.

If he got caught with a hammer he gets a B&E.

If he got caught with a gun the charges could be quite a bit stiffer.

For those contemplating the likely gender of the perp, here are some stats to chew on. In a comprehensive study of homicides committed in the U.S. Over more than a decade, the study revealed the following:

Only 14.7% of the homicides were committed by women, despite females comprising more than half the U.S. population.

In 80% of homicides committed by men, they killed someone they weren't close to - a casual acquaintance, stranger, or someone of indeterminate relationship.

In 60% of homicides committed bywomen, they killed someone they were close to - a spouse, intimate acquaintance, or family member.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1635092/

I found a more recent source that claims the number of women who commit murder is not 14.7% as noted in the above study, but is actually 11%.
http://www.bustle.com/articles/1273...yre-predictably-less-common-than-male-killers

What I gather from these stats and articles is that female murderers are rare (there were only 830 total in the U.S. In 2012). When women do kill, they don't kill strangers or casual acquaintances.

If the total percentage of murders done by women is only 11%, imagine how much lower it goes down when you break it down to murders done by women against women? I wasn't able to find a specific stat on female-on-female murders. If the incidence of females killing females is equal to the incidence of females killing males, then cut that 11% in half. I actually think it might be lower.

So as I see it, the chances that MB was murdered by a female are between 5 and 10 percent.

i have been on the targeted/planned murder or hit train since this has happened, 100%...until tonight. I have started trying to put myself in the mind of the killer and I have a few problems...

1) why wouldn't I wait by a window with a clear view of the entrance so I could tell when MB arrived as well as keeping an eye out for police or anyone else? (Could they have had a police scanner with an earpiece)

2) if I knew when she was arriving (premeditated knowning her schedule) why wouldn't I be prepping for a murder instead of walking around like a frumpy idiot smacking things?

3) why bring a hammer (speculation on the murder weapon) when so many other weapons don't require close contact (transfer of dna and blood?)

4) why risk getting hurt/cut on glass and things I'm breaking? (Yes, you can still get cut through gloves.)

I just believe that a hired hit or a murder with planned rage would be focused. The chips are going to fall if you are caught, so what does staging the scene really buy you? An investigation of murder goes to those close to the victim fort in almost all cases. Breaking a few things here and there really doesn't confuse people, besides us who have little evidence. The investigation works from the inner circle out and police can work through multiple scenarios at once.

All this being said, I am drifting from the targeted murder because I can't shake these thoughts. Still not sure though.

All MO obviously.

I think the answer to all of them are pretty much the same---- adrenaline and anger. Breaking some stuff out, staying int the mode and taking out some frustration on stuff. And it never hurts to make it look like a break-in. S/he had to get there early enough. Had to be there and ready and prepared. What do most of us do when waiting- if I go to pick up a child at school and have to wait for them to get to the office, I roam, I read stuff, I walk around. It's the equivalent to that (to me), but in an about-to-kill-this-lady kind of way. I can imagine when he headed off camera to the area she was coming through, movement was still and he was hiding. I think he ambush attacked her by hitting her on the back of the head as she entered the room then started with the heavy blows. I think it was filled with rage. I think he wanted to feel powerful by taking her life. A gun does not have that same sort of power transfer.

I might say he, but it is meant as he/ she. This is just my opinion. This has been my opinion from the beginning. A robber would never walk around for 20 minutes without stealing things! Nothing was missing from the church. And he was there a long time. Not a robbery. His breaking stuff wasn't in order to access goods. It was through some drywall or whatever.

I don't completely disagree, because it was so risky and there are still a few things that don't make sense, but a few thoughts---

1) maybe that is why SP opened doors to get a view of headlights, or knew what time she would arrive down to a few minutes

The only thought that keeps popping up with this for me is that the door opening appears to be curiosity. Open a door, peak in, move on. Try to pry a door that is obviously locked, why even try if it's locked and you are just trying to prevent her movement? Open a half door over here and act confused as to why it's in halves. Just seems like they are looking around, no clear intent to find something specific or set the stage to prevent her escape.

Just my opinion, from the little video that we can see.

Let's play a game. Clue, if you will indulge me? Just the profile I your opinion. Try not to refer to others or compare notes. Just your theory's core and suspect basics. As follows:

White male.
Mid 30 to early 40s.
Premeditated
lives in or close to midlothian.
Known to victim, not necessarily to us.
History of acting out.
Motive / anger over failed or unrequited romance.

This is mine. Looking forward to reading all of yours. Afterwards, comparing notes may be interesting.

- White male (based solely on offender stats & past history of those who've also chosen a hammer or similar blunt object as their weapon of choice---although, personally, I'm so torn on this issue in this case)

- Late teens - mid 40s

- Premeditated/Organized (and by someone who pays close attention to detail)

- Someone who works in a field that requires the use of similar tools or someone with a lot of experience using them OR someone who doesn't have access or the means to obtain a firearm

- Lives in the area (in Midlothian or a neighboring town) and familiar with the layout of the church or with typical church operations, in general

- Crime was extremely personal in nature and MB likely knew her perp (friend or family member)

- Motive rooted in a perceived lack of control in some major aspect of life (money, love life, etc.); an area he believed MB controlled completely and an area he felt a strong need to reclaim

The only thought that keeps popping up with this for me is that the door opening appears to be curiosity. Open a door, peak in, move on. Try to pry a door that is obviously locked, why even try if it's locked and you are just trying to prevent her movement? Open a half door over here and act confused as to why it's in halves. Just seems like they are looking around, no clear intent to find something specific or set the stage to prevent her escape.

Just my opinion, from the little video that we can see.

This may have been mentioned, but I wonder if all the door opening and peaking in was to make sure no one else was in the building. I know it would be highly unlikely, but maybe the killer felt it needed to be done just to be sure?? Also, gives the killer a better understanding of the layout of the premises should things not go as planned and a new course of action needed.

White female
30 to 40s
Local to area
Known to victim/MB was targeted
I think suspect only meant to threaten MB. Possibly source of "creepy" LinkedIn message. I think MB fought back & suspect killed her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*advertiser censored* Sapien
Born in the late 20[SUP]th[/SUP]century.
Psychotic
Was very planned and premeditated (personally or with outside help).
Narcissistic (espcomplete lack of empathy). Living a fairly normal life save for recent occurrences – blends into society.
If currently not known, may get away with it, save for a self-induced misstep.
If currently known,will probably be eventually be charged; conviction not guaranteed. Will be tripped up by digital fingerprintand an overwhelming amount of circumstantial evidence. Top flight attorney seeking national notoriety takes case. Could negotiate a reduced sentence, knowing conviction will be difficult (Alford plea?)
Yea. Call me a chicken. I’ll specify when LE gives me half theirdata.

I think that if the perp is married, by now the spouse knows. It probably came to them in a huge OMG moment not long after the murder.
So now what? Confronted the possible perp and got a "this is all because of you!", answer?
Again, now what? Turn spouse in? Kids, family, reputation, livelihood and so on. Spouse knows what's right but can't bring themselves to do it.
Just one of my scenarios.

i have been on the targeted/planned murder or hit train since this has happened, 100%...until tonight. I have started trying to put myself in the mind of the killer and I have a few problems...

1) why wouldn't I wait by a window with a clear view of the entrance so I could tell when MB arrived as well as keeping an eye out for police or anyone else? (Could they have had a police scanner with an earpiece)

2) if I knew when she was arriving (premeditated knowning her schedule) why wouldn't I be prepping for a murder instead of walking around like a frumpy idiot smacking things?

3) why bring a hammer (speculation on the murder weapon) when so many other weapons don't require close contact (transfer of dna and blood?)

4) why risk getting hurt/cut on glass and things I'm breaking? (Yes, you can still get cut through gloves.)

I just believe that a hired hit or a murder with planned rage would be focused. The chips are going to fall if you are caught, so what does staging the scene really buy you? An investigation of murder goes to those close to the victim fort in almost all cases. Breaking a few things here and there really doesn't confuse people, besides us who have little evidence. The investigation works from the inner circle out and police can work through multiple scenarios at once.

All this being said, I am drifting from the targeted murder because I can't shake these thoughts. Still not sure though.

All MO obviously.

Because this was a personal, rage-fueled, vindictive killing by a perp who is not a professional.

Smashing things up ahead of time serves two-fold; it buys the perp time 'cause LE initially believes burglary or crazed stranger & it also gets the perp's adrenaline going so they can commit the act which required quick bursts of force.

Why not a gun? First, because perp may not have one or is comfortable with one. Second, why leave forensics/ballistics if you don't have to?

It can't be a burglary because the perp's costume was an odd, bulky hindrance & there was nothing to steal at the church. It can't be a pro-hired hitman because it would've been less elaborate & more direct. **The biggest mistake the perp made was why they didn't kill MB in or around the easiest location--> her home.** Why? Because the girls.

IMHO, LE is at a stage where they are simply figuring out how far the web of involvement goes & who isn't involved. That takes a bit of time, digital analysis, & old-fashioned shoe leather. I think they are close to solving this case.

Moo.

I wouldn't retain an attorney unless I knew I had done something wrong.

The only word I would ever breatheeeee to a cop if I was being questioned or investigated in regards to a crime is "LAWYER". No matter how innocent the person, even if/when LE has the best of intentions, words are often misunderstood and can be twisted in ways that make you look guilty.

For example, Billy Bob's ex-girlfriend was shot and killed while he was out of town during what appeared to be a home invasion. LE doesn't tell Billy Bob that she died from a GSW though. Billy Bob knows he's got nothing to hide because he's innocent. He agrees to talk to LE because he wants to help them any way that he can. Without even realizing it, Billy Bob just assumed his ex-girlfriend had been shot during the robbery. So, he tells investigators he had nothing to do with this crime and tells them he doesn't even own a gun! LE's immediate response to that is suspicion, and they ask him... "Now, wait a minute, how do you know that she died from a gunshot wound? We never said anything about a gun." And, so the pigeon hole begins...

For those contemplating the likely gender of the perp, here are some stats to chew on. In a comprehensive study of homicides committed in the U.S. Over more than a decade, the study revealed the following:

Only 14.7% of the homicides were committed by women, despite females comprising more than half the U.S. population.

In 80% of homicides committed by men, they killed someone they weren't close to - a casual acquaintance, stranger, or someone of indeterminate relationship.

In 60% of homicides committed bywomen, they killed someone they were close to - a spouse, intimate acquaintance, or family member.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1635092/

I found a more recent source that claims the number of women who commit murder is not 14.7% as noted in the above study, but is actually 11%.
http://www.bustle.com/articles/1273...yre-predictably-less-common-than-male-killers

What I gather from these stats and articles is that female murderers are rare (there were only 830 total in the U.S. In 2012). When women do kill, they don't kill strangers or casual acquaintances.

If the total percentage of murders done by women is only 11%, imagine how much lower it goes down when you break it down to murders done by women against women? I wasn't able to find a specific stat on female-on-female murders. If the incidence of females killing females is equal to the incidence of females killing males, then cut that 11% in half. I actually think it might be lower.

So as I see it, the chances that MB was murdered by a female are between 5 and 10 percent.

Breck80 posted some statistics on female murderers on an earlier thread that was quite interesting... Disturbing but interesting. I don't remember which one but I'm sure you know how to search it and post for those who missed it. I'm a newbie. 😊

I'm not terribly proficient at using Facebook (barely eke by), but does it appear to anyone else that CT opened up her FB again? New posts.

Yes you are right. I appears so. As recent as the 31st.

Statistics can be useful tools for looking at patterns and trends in populations, but they are notoriously weak when it comes to explaining a particular, limited event involving two people.

Just because (let's say) 85% of homicides are committed by men, we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that this particular event must be a man. After all, 15% of homicides are committed by women. That's still a substantial proportion.

Just to add to those stats... I Googled the words, "killed with a hammer," and searched thru 10 pages of search results. I only found 2 cases involving a female offender. All of the rest were male and most victims were parents, grandparents, stepparents, or brothers. Several victims were wives, one was a twin brother, and another was a child. The two women both had killed their husband. But, by and large, the majority of the cases I found were men and the victim was a close blood relative.

I think I owe replies to some posts. Sorry I'm way behind. I'm going to play Clue.

My guess changes frequently so I'm going to go with my first gut instinct about this case.

Youngish male. Spends lots of time on computer, TV, video games.

Probably socially awkward, but intelligent. Physically awkward too.

Local to Midlothian or nearby

Unknown to MB, unknown to us

History of acting out with both sexes but gives girls 'the creeps'. They won't date him.

Stalked MB on social media and probably at semi-public places like the gym.

Unemployed or under-employed. Lots of frustration. Focused that frustration with this horrible crime.

The people closest to this perp have heard too many complaints about their behavior. They will ignore any signs of criminal involvement.

Maybe it's nothing more than a small tissue box. The assailant is probably sweating like crazy in that gear and may have grabbed them to wiper their face off. They usually have tissues set out in churches.
Could it be a small tool box that they had on their person but they got it out before coming out of the door? Not this one in the below pic, per se, but one similar.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Sealey-Prybar-Set-4pc-Heavy-Duty-AK9100.jpg
    Sealey-Prybar-Set-4pc-Heavy-Duty-AK9100.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 331
I'm not terribly proficient at using Facebook (barely eke by), but does it appear to anyone else that CT opened up her FB again? New posts.

CT recently updated her profile pic on two occasions. Both pics show as public. From what I can see, everything except for her friends list remains private.
Hope this is ok. I sometimes forget who we can and can't discuss.

Someone who is familiar with CG iirc, posted that there is an app that you can get alerts and so forth. I had read that MB posted that the boot camp would be indoors.

:thinking: What if the Suspect was looking in rooms trying to figure out where MB would hold her class inside, prior to her arrival.

- White male (based solely on offender stats & past history of those who've also chosen a hammer or similar blunt object as their weapon of choice---although, personally, I'm so torn on this issue in this case)

- Late teens - mid 40s

- Premeditated/Organized (and by someone who pays close attention to detail)

- Someone who works in a field that requires the use of similar tools or someone with a lot of experience using them OR someone who doesn't have access or the means to obtain a firearm

- Lives in the area (in Midlothian or a neighboring town) and familiar with the layout of the church or with typical church operations, in general

- Crime was extremely personal in nature and MB likely knew her perp (friend or family member)

- Motive rooted in a perceived lack of control in some major aspect of life (money, love life, etc.); an area he believed MB controlled completely and an area he felt a strong need to reclaim

Mid 20s, male
Premeditated
Acquaintance at Missy's gym
He is secretly turned on by her
Kicked out of the Air Force , anger issues
Lives near Midlothian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online