Status
Not open for further replies.
HOw come we have not heard how many are

critical
serious
fair

etc

I would like to know u?

FBI might know about them, but unless these terrorists actually do something, our laws don't allow for them to be arrested or put away.

Whatever happened to being a traitor against your country??? This USED to be a thing that was real and punishable. Is it gone? Kind of like you used to have to pledge allegience to the United States of America to become a citizen, and from I'm reading that changed last year. Now you can keep your allegience to your previous country and still be a U.S. Citizen. I'm just angry right now, after hearing that this mass murderer was investigated TWICE by FBI and let slide by and do what he wanted to do anyway.

Why are gay men and women restricted from giving blood, it's the same way here for gay men, it makes no sense.

Just started reading this thread after reading some of the news articles. Wondering (and this may have been mentioned)...June 5 to July 5 (2016) is the month of Ramadan (Holy Month of Islam). According to this link, http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/what-is-ramadan-and-how-is-it-observed/ss-BBtMMiH , "It is believed that during Ramadan, the spiritual rewards received from God are multiplied." Also, the gates of Paradise are considered to be "wide open" and the gates of hell and demons locked. Could it be that the shooter felt (in his own extremist mind) that his spiritual rewards would be multiplied if he chose this time to "martyr himself" for the tenets of his faith?

For ISIS followers this is very likely. ISIS encourages killing during Ramadan. Ramadan is traditionally months for prayer and fasting.

Earlier on local news 6 some govt offical asked that vigils be held off till tomm - LE is overwhelmed, and they would need to have some of their folks there!
Thanks Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Oh. Ok.

So this terrorist that was investigated twice for terroist activity....his freedom of speech trumped making terrorist remarks, but people who's loved one's were murderered today don't have that same free speech right to hold a vigil.....

How come when these events happen in Europe it is presented to us by the media as a full scale terror operation. When it happens in North America it is always presented as "lone wolf attacks" ?

Also of note, the tsarnaevs and the 9/11 patsies and this guy all had previous "interactions" with federal agents.

The observations you make when you don't take everything MSM says at face value...... in other words, think for yourself.... look at all events happening around world, and begin connecting dots.

There have been lone wolf attacks in Europe as well. Mohammed Merah is an example.

So called lone wolf attacks are seen as part of the terrorist long term strategy.
In Europe - at least - this is the first step.
The next level are organized attacks like those in Paris (Bataclan) and Brussels where many people are involved and the attack has an even bigger scale.

The future level will concern the involvement of organizations, either by infiltration or assault, for chemical and bacterial warfare and nuclear disasters.

Norway had some different dynamics tho. He blew up the city first , dragging LE down there, and then did it on an island, so he had a lot of time before LE could get to the island

Yes, but this guy had three hours in the nightclub to do what he wanted.... not any different.

I really think the "lone wolf" theory is what ISIS wants us to believe. I firmly believe they are training killers to go out one by one and take out as many people as possible. It's just my opinion, but I think we need to get away from lone wolf theories where ISIS is concerned. There's a whole lot more in the background that we aren't seeing that goes on.

Average salaries for armed security guards varied slightly within most of the U.S. regions in 2013. In the South, they earned the highest salaries, $36,000, in Washington, D.C., and the lowest, $26,000, in Louisiana, according to Indeed. Those in Hawaii and California made $21,000 and $33,000 per year, respectively.

Google result page anyone remember the exact company emplyed him? Wonder what his salary was?

When will this be addressed by the leadership of our country??

What do you propose be done? This guy was born in the US. That makes him a US citizen. He has a right to practice whatever religion he wants. If you want leadership to address it, what is do you think they should do?

I think supporting ISIS was the primary motivator. Victim selection was secondary, targeting people he doesn't like would make perfect sense. Mentioning ISIS will put his entire family, friends, mosque etc...under intense scrutiny so there would be plenty of good reasons NOT to mention it if it wasn't truly a motivating factor.

Plus by choosing a bar he could be sure that none of the victims would be armed and surprise him by returning fire.

But , are we saying there are no bars closer than here that have patrons on a Sat night with the same number of targets. I think we all are assuming all the fatalities were by him.

From all the witnesses we have heard all of them have described gunshots in the beginning but nothing like , sorry for lack of a better word knocking people off during the three hours that followed ?

I totally agree. That was completely inappropriate, and a slap in the face to the victims and families of the victims. I can't think of any other terrorist attack in history in which the first official press conference about the attack included a representative of the group on whose behalf the attack was mae.

Kinda like back when the catholic priests were molesting children... i remember a press conference in Boston i think, when the Cardinal or whatever was front and center........
OK not really the same thing because this guy represents something very different than what M. Musri represents. Musri represents the Islamic Society of Central Florida.... not the Islamic Extremist Society

See the difference? Misinformation is never a good thing. It has to be pointed out because it seems many people think they are one and the same. They are not. Not even close.

Why are gay men and women restricted from giving blood, it's the same way here for gay men, it makes no sense.

I would like to know how anyone could tell if a blood donor is gay. Is there some kind of test that I never heard of?

Oh. Ok.

So this terrorist that was investigated twice for terroist activity....his freedom of speech trumped making terrorist remarks, but people who's loved one's were murderered today don't have that same free speech right to hold a vigil.....

I don't get that at all. IMO, they (LE) know that they will need to have that vigil covered by armed officers six ways from Sunday, plus blanketed with undercover people. Both to keep the vigil attendees safe, and to keep an eye out for any other terrorists/potential terrorists who might show up -- to gloat, to cause further harm, etc. LE in Orlando is a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Nobody's telling anybody they can't hold a vigil for the victims. They're just asking that it be held off for a little bit.

It's to prevent the transmission of HIV from a donor to a recipient as the rate of HIV infection is higher in gay males than heterosexual males according to the FDA http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/BloodBloodProducts/QuestionsaboutBlood/ucm108186.htm Gay men aren't allowed to donate blood if they have had sex with another gay male in the last 12 months is an example of one restriction at the link.

What do you propose be done? This guy was born in the US. That makes him a US citizen. He has a right to practice whatever religion he wants. If you want leadership to address it, what is do you think they should do?

Admit and say the word that we have radical Islamist that are in our country and hate what we stand for. Our leadership is quick to blame gun control and mental health as the root of these problems. This hate is being taught on American soil. Why do you not think it is? What's your solution?

I really think the "lone wolf" theory is what ISIS wants us to believe. I firmly believe they are training killers to go out one by one and take out as many people as possible. It's just my opinion, but I think we need to get away from lone wolf theories where ISIS is concerned. There's a whole lot more in the background that we aren't seeing that goes on.

ISIS put out an announcement a while back clearly stating that ANYONE that wanted to commit a terror attack in their name should do so. They explicitly stated that individuals do NOT need to get approval or permission in advance -- just do it.

Trying to make contact with ISIS while planning an attack would only up the risk of getting caught. It would also put ISIS operatives at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member