Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love happy endings!!!

Sorry! (apologizing for my oops in advance)
Old Lurker, New Poster

To those of you who can't view Jenny's weibo, I thought I'd go ahead and describe what I see where fridaybaker referred to a "Day 20" entry that Jenny wrote.

First off, it seems that Jenny was journaling a 21-day challenge where you detail 3 things you are grateful for that day. She also would put down (1)Exercise for the day, (2) How much time she meditated that day, and (3) something she did that showed kindness. What a nice thing to do daily. I think she was trying to add positivity and happiness in her life by doing this.

The "Day 20" that fridaybaker refers to is dated 1-19-16. I'll paraphrase what she wrote: it appears she was upset with JR about something and she says she wrote a calm email to him to explain why she wasn't speaking with him, and under what conditions they could have a conversation.

What could have caused her to be upset? Not sure, but on "Day 19", dated 1-18-16, she wrote that she was in a car accident and she wasn't wearing a seat belt. Then, under "Kindness" she says that she stayed calm even though JR had made a poor decision.

Was the bad decision regarding the car accident, or something else? Unclear.

The thing that stood out to me the most was that she said she wrote him an EMAIL. That was one more thing that nudged me toward the feeling that maybe they didn't live together.

How might this be relevant to her being missing now? Maybe directly, not much. But maybe theirs was a green card marriage. Or, maybe their marriage status was separated at the time. Either scenario could help explain Jenny and JR's lack of contact with each other while she was on this trip. Or would answer the question of why JR didnt' have much influence in deterring her from travelling in the risky manner she did.

Ah! I just tried the Help Find Jenny Facebook site again, and I can access it once again! JR must have changed the settings back, to allow non-FB users to view it.

I see he commented there that there is no update with the Corona drivers yet, that they are still waiting.

Thank you so much for summarizing Day 19 and 20. That's very helpful. It seems likely that they were separated. The only reason I can think for writing an email if they were living together is to make her point uninterrupted and clearly without having to deal with JR's anger. I suspect that if she tried to talk it out, she wouldn't get too far and there would be a huge argument. It seems that she was trying to lead a more calm life during the "challenge." Perhaps his "poor decision" was his reaction to her car accident and her poor decision not to wear her seatbelt (I'm a bit of a seatbelt fanatic, so that would upset me too). But after the emotional fireworks, wouldn't they be able to work it out like most couples, or were things too far gone by then?
JMO

I think about her and others that are missing as I drive/sit in traffic. I try to think what I would do if it were my child, my husband or s parent missing, etc..and would my actions be criticized by so many. Now hoping this doesn't seem like I am trying to plan the perfect murder. Lol
Also if there are no signs of death then I can't believe she is dead just lost and missing. Her phone could have been stolen or taken as payment for a stay or ride.

I think it's ominous that her social/phone activity ended abruptly and has never returned in two months. From what I can tell, a HUGE part of her life was just that. I looked back at some of the Weibo posts, and it seems she even posted about her relationship with her husband. To who? Maybe I don't understand Weibo, but it seems bizarre to me to be posting about your own husband on a social forum. It's just not in the realm of reality, in my book, that she would be traipsing around Mexico, knowing that she's out of communication with family (the world??) for months, if she's really married, has a family, etc.

To complicate matters, we seem to have two, separate, mutually exclusive, investigations going on, and to only one of those are we privy. It would sure help if someone on this thread spoke Chinese. Wouldn't it be great to know what her parents have to say? Why would they think their daughter, whose only friends and whose main part of her life seemed to exist on the internet, suddenly dropped from out of their lives, and off of the internet? If they do, indeed, think she's alive, do they think she's trying to disappear? Run from someone? Hmm.

I think about her and others that are missing as I drive/sit in traffic. I try to think what I would do if it were my child, my husband or s parent missing, etc..and would my actions be criticized by so many. Now hoping this doesn't seem like I am trying to plan the perfect murder. Lol
Also if there are no signs of death then I can't believe she is dead just lost and missing. Her phone could have been stolen or taken as payment for a stay or ride.

I think it's ominous that her social/phone activity ended abruptly and has never returned in two months. From what I can tell, a HUGE part of her life was just that. I looked back at some of the Weibo posts, and it seems she even posted about her relationship with her husband. To who? Maybe I don't understand Weibo, but it seems bizarre to me to be posting about your own husband on a social forum. It's just not in the realm of reality, in my book, that she would be traipsing around Mexico, knowing that she's out of communication with family (the world??) for months, if she's really married, has a family, etc.

To complicate matters, we seem to have two, separate, mutually exclusive, investigations going on, and to only one of those are we privy. It would sure help if someone on this thread spoke Chinese. Wouldn't it be great to know what her parents have to say? Why would they think their daughter, whose only friends and whose main part of her life seemed to exist on the internet, suddenly dropped from out of their lives, and off of the internet? If they do, indeed, think she's alive, do they think she's trying to disappear? Run from someone? Hmm.
Ideal would be for the husband and parents team up. *"If" she is gone and they do find remains. Who will they be turned over to? I think the husband would be next of kin but I would think her parents would want to bring her back home to China.
*I do hope she is found alive maybe overlooked in a hospital or shelter.

Old Lurker, New Poster

To those of you who can't view Jenny's weibo, I thought I'd go ahead and describe what I see where fridaybaker referred to a "Day 20" entry that Jenny wrote.

First off, it seems that Jenny was journaling a 21-day challenge where you detail 3 things you are grateful for that day. She also would put down (1)Exercise for the day, (2) How much time she meditated that day, and (3) something she did that showed kindness. What a nice thing to do daily. I think she was trying to add positivity and happiness in her life by doing this.

The "Day 20" that fridaybaker refers to is dated 1-19-16. I'll paraphrase what she wrote: it appears she was upset with JR about something and she says she wrote a calm email to him to explain why she wasn't speaking with him, and under what conditions they could have a conversation.

What could have caused her to be upset? Not sure, but on "Day 19", dated 1-18-16, she wrote that she was in a car accident and she wasn't wearing a seat belt. Then, under "Kindness" she says that she stayed calm even though JR had made a poor decision.

Was the bad decision regarding the car accident, or something else? Unclear.

The thing that stood out to me the most was that she said she wrote him an EMAIL. That was one more thing that nudged me toward the feeling that maybe they didn't live together.

How might this be relevant to her being missing now? Maybe directly, not much. But maybe theirs was a green card marriage. Or, maybe their marriage status was separated at the time. Either scenario could help explain Jenny and JR's lack of contact with each other while she was on this trip. Or would answer the question of why JR didnt' have much influence in deterring her from travelling in the risky manner she did.

Ah! I just tried the Help Find Jenny Facebook site again, and I can access it once again! JR must have changed the settings back, to allow non-FB users to view it.

I see he commented there that there is no update with the Corona drivers yet, that they are still waiting.
I do want to hope if she had decided not to return to her life in WA with JR that she would still be in touch with her parents.

Old Lurker, New Poster

I am curious about the HFJ page... Somebody asked if they could share the flyer/post about missing Jenny, and JR's response was "sure!" I'm nit-picking, but I'd be like, PLEASE DO! Anyway, the poster came back and said she's hearing that Jenny's been found. His response? Baloney. Maybe he knows something we don't, but I'd want to check it out.

I want to know what he's doing right now to help find Jenny.

Just my opinion! Thanks to all the sleuths who contribute to this thread!

Now that I am able to read the exchange for myself (HFJ page is again viewable to me), his one-word reply of "Baloney" to the poster strikes me as strange, also disrespectful and rude. As others here pointed out, you would think he would want to hear more on what they heard about Jenny being found, to check all leads. At the very least, I'd expect him to say something like no, sadly it's not true and please inform that group that we are still searching for her and could use everyone's help in spreading the word. To simply say, "Baloney" to someone going out of her way to help him...well, the perceived tone and attitude makes me bristle.

Does JR know for certain that Jenny is not back in the US? I ask this for two reasons:

1. The seemingly relaxed attitude concerning Jenny's disappearance on the part of the Chinese Embassey in Mexico as reported following her parents' visit there. Perhaps the embassy staff have been able to track Jenny down and informed her parents of their findings. Since JR does not appear to have the warmest of relationships with them, I would not be surprised if JR has no knowledge of what transpired as embassey staff and Jenny's parents met, or if Jenny specifically requested that JR not be informed of her whereabouts.

2. I have wondered perhaps his "problems" with the IRS has made JR reluctant to reach out to any U.S. government agency (I understand that Jenny is not a US citizen, but I am sure the State Department/DHS/ICE would still have a record of Jenny re-entering the US, if she has done so. I also understand that Jenny has mentioned she has sought help of a psychiatrist in the past: What if she has returned to the US and admitted herself into a mental health facility immediately? She is under no obligation to let her husband know where she is, and since no missing person's report has been filed in the US, the facility would be under no obligation to inform the authorities of Jenny's whereabouts. She seems to have contacts in NYC, too, and with its diverse population, I think it would be quite easy for Jenny to blend/fit right in.

MOO

Now that I am able to read the exchange for myself (HFJ page is again viewable to me), his one-word reply of "Baloney" to the poster strikes me as strange, also disrespectful and rude. As others here pointed out, you would think he would want to hear more on what they heard about Jenny being found, to check all leads. At the very least, I'd expect him to say something like no, sadly it's not true and please inform that group that we are still searching for her and could use everyone's help in spreading the word. To simply say, "Baloney" to someone going out of her way to help him...well, the perceived tone and attitude makes me bristle.
Baloney.... is almost applying he knows more than he is telling!

Old Lurker, New Poster

He said he would have access to the driver's information in 24hrs to 48hrs. He said this 3 or so days ago. His updates are nil.

People donated money for this and was promised a return of information and updates in regards to the fruits of the searching effort.

I wonder if

He said he would have access to the driver's information in 24hrs to 48hrs. He said this 3 or so days ago. His updates are nil.

People donated money for this and was promised a return of information and updates in regards to the fruits of the searching effort.

I wonder if
Well, it's hard... you know, with Corona not cooperating, and LE being corrupt, and embassies not helping... he may even have to make another trip to Mexico. He'll need more donations first, though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well, it's hard... you know, with Corona not cooperating, and LE being corrupt, and embassies not helping... he may even have to make another trip to Mexico. He'll need more donations first, though.

Agree. Another trip may be needed. He will be booking flights and hotels on Expedia fairly soon.

I just hope he post a picture of him standing in the home or bungalow of where his wife last stayed.

OMG!!!

Old Lurker, New Poster

Agree. Another trip may be needed. He will be booking flights and hotels on Expedia fairly soon.

I just hope he post a picture of him standing in the home or bungalow of where his wife last stayed.
No! A "witness" said she was seen getting on a Corona truck!
(Which could be true but I think it is just going after a company with money) I do wish "if" she did hitch a ride with a Corona truck driver she would have taken pics and journal at the beginning. I hope she wasnt prevented from doing so. sigh. I just don't know.

Old Lurker, New Poster

Maybe JR knows that this is the best way to bring Jenny out of hiding while knowing she was leaving him while also raising funds for himself to go on trips. Jmo.

Maybe she told him its over while she was in Mexico.

Then maybe he did this entire campaign and uproar to mess her plans up by alerting her parents and the Mexican media.

But then he decided to do a fundme on her behalf to get money for trips, since he knows that Jenny didn't expect him to do this.

So the circumstances are so deep. That our conspiracy theories are just as deep as well. Jmo.

You can't blame us nor the embassy.

We can only blame Corona for now. Jmo.

Now I love how Jennys missing flyer has a Corona bottle on it.

But it's obvious the carrier doesn't only deliver Corona. Jmo.

So let's just say that Corona will be litigating soon on the United States side with JR for some minor settlement while Jenny is still missing.

Jmo.

Why chase the still hiking theory when you can blame Corona. Jmo.

Jr has had technology travel jobs to other countries. So he is not dumb at all. Jmo.

He is making us sick. And if I had millions.

I would truly pay for the system to investigate this entire ordeal. Jmo.

Maybe JR knows that this is the best way to bring Jenny out of hiding while knowing she was leaving him while also raising funds for himself to go on trips. Jmo.

Then maybe he did this entire campaign and uproar to mess her plans up by alerting her parents and the Mexican media.

But then he decided to do a fundme on her behalf to get money for trips, since he knows that Jenny didn't expect him to do this.

So the circumstances are so deep. That our conspiracy theories are just as deep as well. Jmo.

So let's just say that Corona will be litigating soon on the United States side with JR for some minor settlement while Jenny is still missing.

Jmo.

Jr has had technology travel jobs to other countries. So he is not dumb at all. Jmo.

Maybe the settlement will be a lifetime supply of Corona.

You guys are too much! :laughcry: :floorlaugh:

Jmo.

Respectfully BBM.

Or I would love to see someone like Keith Morrison (of Dateline) tackle this case!

Respectfully BBM.

Or I would love to see someone like Keith Morrison (of Dateline) tackle this case!
I would like for Nancy Grace, HLN or anyone willing to give her some TV exposure.
Hmmmm....just thought maybe the corona witness is connected to someone at the last house she stayed at and purposely directed them to Corona to get eyes off them. I can't remember if Jenny did a final recap at the very end of her last stay over.
I hope the team will continue to search for Jenny and not just focus on talking with this driver for Corona.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Every time I read this thread I get so uncomfortable. I feel bad because a major part of me thinks she's given the hubby the slip. But then there's the part of me that is angry at her apparent naivety hitchhiking in such a dangerous place (I go to Mexico , I'm not paranoid). And then the thoughts that we will probably never know for sure. And I can't stand her "husband". Just been lurking and having these weird feelings here.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member