MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 22, 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
State going over his credentials (IMO to establish him being credible)

WMBF News

During the defense's cross examination, Witt said there was a text message from Elvis to Moorer on Nov. 5, 2013.

___

I looked up November 5th (finding what else was going on that day):

On November 5th, Heather tweeted “66 days” and retweeted a Daniel Tosh quote about “married fellas” cheating on or murdering their wives.

Found the text on November 5:

Nov 5: TM texted a message to Heather that "dad" no longer owned a phone; Heather responded with only a period

Yes on the audio adverts, I switched to my tablet for this forum b/c they were so annoying on my PC.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't have a tablet or smart phone. Call me paeleolithic in my technology. I am having a very difficult time following the board and the trial because of this. I need to get the ads blocked. Windows 10 is my problem with Edge browser. I need to get a different browser going.

This guy came prepared, knew HE model of phone off the top of his head.
He was asked to look at the location of HE phone Dec 17-18, 2013 1:13 am forward asked by investigator to review the records. Looked at call detail records from HE phone, looked at Google location history records (from detective) looked at cell towers in Horrey county and 5 other counties. Google developer of Android System so important to have that data (via search warrant).

Thank you!!!

ETA: Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE · 4m4 minutes ago

Edens has been approved as an expert on cell phone forensics. State continues questioning him. #MoorerTrial #HeatherElvis

So this guy is going to testify about locations. Doesn't sound like content of the phone ie text messages.

He is a good witness. He's a teacher so he's good at explaining stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes this gmail account stuff. I have mine turned off. Don't know why- maybe if I ever go missing you guys will need it.

Male from State is so much easier to listen to when he is asking questions, IMO.

Google records gives him location and search history. Very important information stored via witness and State.

ETA: I have all of my settings set up on my iPhone- if I go missing, y'all will have lots to work with!

WMBF News

Edens testified that he examined records for Heather Elvis' Samsung Galaxy S3 phone for Dec. 17 to Dec. 18, 2013. Those records included examining the call detail records associated with Elvis' number and Google location history records.

Dear baby Jesus- I believe we could have been more prepared than this. WHY can't we see the contents of the messages????

IMO only

They would need for SIM card /phone...and they have never found the phone :moo:

OH YES, we have a PowerPoint coming up of his findings!

Awesome he used a similar phone to see how accurate the cell phone tower data was.

The screen is so far away from the jury.

Oh. My. Gawwwwwd! Cannot believe the date of trial slipped my mind! So much to catch up on...

Fwiw, I'll bet the professional liars are still lying liars that lie... If they beat this, it'll only make me wonder what else they've gotten away with in the past. I mean, they're so brazen - especially Sidney - it truly makes me wonder if he practiced his craft beforehand. Lots of unsolved cases in that area... Just sayin'.

Welcome back to Websleuths!! :happydance:

Very certain she was in her apartment for these phone calls :

Left out the photo sorry LOL. Someone posted it unthread. I can't delete on my phone.

YES!!!! TOTAL OF 6 calls on December 18

December 18: - from the timeline:

3:16am: Heather tried to call SM's cell phone, no answer
3:17am: Heather called SM's cell phone and spoke with someone for 4.15 minutes; (Phone pings place HE’s phone at her house & SM’s phone at his house)
3:38-3:39am: Heather had arrived at Peachtree Landing and tried to call SM's cell phone four times, but there was no answer

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?238748-Timelines-*No-Discussion-Thread*

Maybe SM was at Heather's apartment, strangled her or disabled her somehow, then maybe he called (from Heather's cell) to his wife (that had SM's cell) to meet him at PTL. Maybe that call from Heather's cell to Sidney's cell was actually him using Heather's phine to call his wife on his his cell.... Maybe it was done to establish an alibi. Maybe he stuffed Heather in her trunk and drove to PTL, took the sim and battery out of her phone once he saw TM arrive with the truck to pick him up, threw Heather in the back of the pickup, then drove home. Maybe they disposed of her body the next day. Or heck, maybe her body was disposed of before that 3:17 am phone call. Wasn't her apartment unlocked when detectives arrived there? That leads me to think maybe Heather didn't have a key yet, and if so then maybe SM knew this little bit of info. Maybe?

WMBF News

The first slide indicates four phone calls between 1:13 and 2:31 a.m. on Dec. 18, 2013. There was one incoming phone call from the pay phone, one outgoing call to Elvis' roommate and two outgoing calls to the pay phone, according to the witness. He added the calls took place at Elvis' residence.

His findings:
1:35am incoming call (payphone) 298 seconds
3 outgoing calls
1:44 am (to Bri) 132 seconds
2:29 am (to payphone) 12 seconds -says that if someone answered it would have been short call
2:30:15 am (to payphone) 4.8 seconds
2:32 am to 2:41am phone is in motion

2:32:57 am Outgoing Call (to payphone) 13.8 seconds

2:42:14 am -2:26 am phone is located at Long Beard's Restaurant (N, NE corner of parking lot by the dumpster) 14 minutes at location- made 4 outgoing calls.
2:43 am Outgoing to (payphone) 7.2 seconds
2:43:36 amOutgoing (to payphone) 7 something
2:45 am (outgoing to payphone) .2 seconds
2:51 am (outgoing to payphone) 4.8 seconds
I'll edit this post as I go along.

Then the phone left restaurant to Augusta Plantation ??? (okay so verified on cross exam, phone in motion, turned around and went back towards restaurant)
2:57-3:01:57 am No call activity during this time, phone only in motion. (This is what I edited)

3:01-3:15 am phone was located at her apartment
3:04 am Outgoing Call (to payphone) 1.8seconds
3:05 am Outgoing Call (to payphone)

3:16 am Phone in motion to apt
2 Outgoing calls
3:16 am (to SM cell) 7.8 seconds
3:17am (to SM cell) 249 seconds- 4 mins 9 seconds

Phone was in parking lot 3:20 am -3:24am Phone was NOT in motion, located at apartment parking lot while on phone with SM cell.

3:25-3:35 am Phone moved from Apt complex to PTL (no calls while in motion)
3:37 am Phone located at PTL

4 outgoing calls to SM while phone at PTL
3:38:14 am (1.8 seconds)
3:39:00 am (1.8 seconds)
3:39:46 am (1.8 seconds)
3:41:05 am (1.8 seconds)

3:42:27 am No further incoming or outgoing calls. No further location coordinates obtained. Phone may have been obstructed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon