MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, do we have an updated map with the location of longbeards added?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Did the judge instruct the jury that closing arguments aren't evidence and should not be considered as such? I can't remember and don't want to listen to it again. tyia

Closing arguments are not evidence, neither are opening statements and neither are the lawyers' questions. Only what the witnesses say and the evidence entered is considered evidence in a trial.

[/B]

BBM - LOL I have reasonable doubt you know the M's are behind this. :thinking:

And all my repeated posts throughout this case that they're both in it up to their necks, and maybe SM is the family sociopath, not TM, was just a front? LOL

Also, IMO, the point is not "where" he lured, decoyed, inveigled her to, it is the fact that he did it, and now she is gone. It was his call to her saying that he wanted to be with her and was leaving his wife that persuaded her to leave her home, where she was safe.

Yes! This seems to be very misunderstood. It doesn't matter what all else Heather did that night. She went out due to SM luring her out. Both of their vehicles traveled to PTL at the same time to meet up. Heather was never seen again. Sidney spent some effort at getting rid of potential evidence. Believe what you want, but under the law his actions happen to meet the legal definition of kidnapping.

I was on a jury one time and sequestered. We deliberated on Saturday and finally reached a verdict at 11:30 P.M. That was an experience I do not want to repeat.

Maybe there is one of the tiny little nuggets of truth? Not necessarily her placing notes on his truck, but that she got a message to him somehow that said she really thought she was pregnant and needed to speak to him.
Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I am thinking maybe a TK employee kept SM informed along the way

Yes! This seems to be very misunderstood. It doesn't matter what all else Heather did that night. She went out due to SM luring her out. Both of their vehicles traveled to PTL at the same time to meet up. Heather was never seen again. Sidney spent some effort at getting rid of potential evidence. Believe what you want, but under the law his actions happen to meet the legal definition of kidnapping.

RBBM:

With all I have I hope this is the verdict the jury renders. :please:

#JusticeForHeather
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the timeline posted above
Heather is first at Long Beard's from 2:42 to 2:56 and tries calling the payphone 4 times before leaving Long Beard's , gets 3 minutes down the road and turns around to arrive back at LongBeard's at 3:02 . I think Heather saw Sidney driving towards Long Beards and turned around
There is a 10 minute gap between the time HE last calls the payphone while sitting at Long Beards and when she leaves Long Beards to drive back to her apt. During that 10 minutes she does not try to call the pay phone . I think Heather and Sidney were together at Long Beard's during this 10 minutes. Enough time for Sidney to try to convince her to take the pregnancy test home .
As soon as she leaves Long Beards she calls Sidney's cell phone and talks for 4 minutes Note she does not call the payphone number but calls Sidney's cell phone immediately after leaving Long Beard's . To decide where to meet after she takes the pregnancy test ?
She arrives back at her apt at 3:20 and the phone call with Sidney ends at 3:22 . She is at her apt from 3:20 to 3:25 . She has 3 minutes from the time her phone call ends with Sidney till she drives out of the apt area . Enough time to run inside her apartment , leaving her phone in the car... to get something or to take a pregnancy test ? She leaves her apt at 3:25 and heads to PTL arriving at 3:35 and tries to call Sidney's phone 4 times between 3:38 and 3:41 . Black truck seen on residence video heading towards PTL at 3:36 and away from PTL at 3:49

atthelake said:
snipped by me...
... what trials are you folks following next?

For myself...I was looking at which of the cases I have followed whose trial is next.

I see Erin Corwin ( she was an alleged mistress who was thrown down a mineshaft) and Cooper Harris trials ( infant in Atlanta that was left in car at Home Depot), which BOTH I have followed for years, both start on September 12th!

I thought Harris trial starts on Sept. 22nd - ?? I noticed that, as it's my Mamma's birthdate.

I'm following the Sierra LaMar case here in California - start trial date (hopefully!) will be August 1st.

Also the Harris case, Teresa Sievers', Missy Bevers, McStay Family murders, I know there are more, but got to go do my errands and grocery shopping - so will be back - lots to read here!

back later to read more! :online:

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE [video=twitter;746397516141314048]https://twitter.com/ErinWPDE/status/746397516141314048[/video] Debbi Elvis, #HeatherElvis' mother, just gave us these decals. She said "this is our focus." #MoorerTrial

Well its Friday jury will come back with a verdict or hung by 5:30. Won't want to return Monday.

But the million dollar question is...are the majority voting guilty trying to persuade the non-guilty voters or vice-versa?

Maybe she just meant to meet SM at PTL for him to see the results of the test?

I do not believe there will be an acquittal in this case. There's just too much evidence for no one to find him guilty. I could see 'hung' and I could see 'guilty,' but 12 people who don't see evidence pointing squarely at SM? I can't imagine that.

Heather is first at Long Beard's from 2:42 to 2:56 and tries calling the payphone 4 times before leaving Long Beard's , gets 3 minutes down the road and turns around to arrive back at LongBeard's at 3:02 . I think Heather saw Sidney driving towards Long Beards and turned around
There is a 10 minute gap between the time HE last calls the payphone while sitting at Long Beards and when she leaves Long Beards to drive back to her apt. During that 10 minutes she does not try to call the pay phone . I think Heather and Sidney were together at Long Beard's during this 10 minutes. Enough time for Sidney to try to convince her to take the pregnancy test home .
As soon as she leaves Long Beards she calls Sidney's cell phone and talks for 4 minutes Note she does not call the payphone number but calls Sidney's cell phone immediately after leaving Long Beard's . To decide where to meet after she takes the pregnancy test ?
She arrives back at her apt at 3:20 and the phone call with Sidney ends at 3:22 . She is at her apt from 3:20 to 3:25 . She has 3 minutes from the time her phone call ends with Sidney till she drives out of the apt area . Enough time to run inside her apartment , leaving her phone in the car... to get something or to take a pregnancy test ? She leaves her apt at 3:25 and heads to PTL arriving at 3:35 and tries to call Sidney's phone 4 times between 3:38 and 3:41 . Black truck seen on residence video heading towards PTL at 3:36 and away from PTL at 3:49

:goodpost:Sounds accurate.

But the million dollar question is...are the majority voting guilty trying to persuade the non-guilty voters or vice-versa?

Good question

I have to think guilty trying to persuade not. I can't imagine otherwise.

IMO

Just want to again thank everyone. My thanks button is gone on the view I am using.
Technical difficulties today. LOL

Its great to see everyones viewpoint because we are probably covering some issues and things the jury is discussing too.

I am really worried about that 1 juror that is friends of the DT attorney.
What really peeves me about judge letting him on the case was it was absolutely not necessary. Huge pool of potential jurors to choose from. Why even let their be a chance of bias when he had a huge pool of people left. It doesn't make any sense to me why a judge would let someone in the jury when there is a chance of bias when it was totally not necessary. Just error on side of safety and excuse the person.

I totally do not understand why he would do that. Many jurors are excused for much less reason than that and here comes a guy with a direct friendship tie to the DT attorney. WTH?

Oh yes. The majority will definitely try to convince the hold outs. No matter what the majority is for guilt or innocence. No body wants to be on a hung jury. They all have to agree.

I am thinking maybe a TK employee kept SM informed along the way
That just gave me a thought.

Maybe what got back to him was that she had been gaining weight, noticeably, and that many thought she was pregnant. He gets this info, and they decide to take matters into their own hands and find out for sure? Which begins the lure out and the rest of the chain of events.

With her having a date that night maybe he has some weird jealous reaction of you aren't seeing anybody if you're carrying my baby kind of thing.

Random thoughts. MOO

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Closing arguments are not evidence, neither are opening statements and neither are the lawyers' questions. Only what the witnesses say and the evidence entered is considered evidence in a trial.

Yes, we know that, but did the judge tell the jury that?

I appreciate your comments and believe much of it...but...from a man's perspective...I doubt he gave her the preg test to take home. If I went to all the efforts, calling mucho times, stopping at Wal Mart, etc, I will expect my pregnancy answers quickly and I want to see results with my own eyes. Who knows, maybe HE didnt want SM to see the negative results and that is where the night started down wrong path. I sort of think SM sprung the test on her and wanted a quick verifiable answer. I think i think SM was over the relationship and wanted to be free of HE but realized the ongoing drama if she was pregs. Either HE or someone else had SM thinking or almosting knowing HE was pregnant. Maybe she wasnt pregnant but using this as a bluff to maybe see SM again. Just guesses on my part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member