TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If something is by design, it isn't really a coincidence. Someone knew that she would be there early in the morning, and worse a disguise in the event of being seen. It's no more of a coincidence that it would be for me to go to the bus stop before the bus arrives.

Moreover -- and just speculating here -- I suspect the 'unbelievable coincidence' adverted to above is BB's being out of town. If I'm right about that, calling it a coincidence is one thing, but calling it an 'unbelievable coincidence' (in my opinion) is a way of casting suspicion on BB.

Montjoy, I'm not sure how you took my "unbelievable coincidence" and inferred that I'm casting suspicion on BB, but if it helps to clear the air, I actually don't believe he is involved. The unbelievable coincidence expression is to compare a random stranger murder and a targeted killing. LE believes it is the latter, as do I.

In other news, about that SM community page post concerning the 'finding of a kit' (supposedly SP's gear)...

MPD's response this morning at 9:02 is "None of that true."

Montjoy, I'm not sure how you took my "unbelievable coincidence" and inferred that I'm casting suspicion on BB, but if it helps to clear the air, I actually don't believe he is involved. The unbelievable coincidence expression is to compare a random stranger murder and a targeted killing. LE believes it is the latter, as do I.

Please don't take this post as confrontational, but just to explain: when I read 'unbelievable coincidence', I interpret it to mean 'something I do not believe is really a coincidence,' or 'not a coincidence at all'. There have been many posts throughout the threads that have compared this murder to the Sievers murder, and for many doing so, the key detail is that the husband was out of town in both cases. I'm sorry for making an assumption about your post.

If something is by design, it isn't really a coincidence. Someone knew that she would be there early in the morning, and worse a disguise in the event of being seen. It's no more of a coincidence that it would be for me to go to the bus stop before the bus arrives.

Moreover -- and just speculating here -- I suspect the 'unbelievable coincidence' adverted to above is BB's being out of town. If I'm right about that, calling it a coincidence is one thing, but calling it an 'unbelievable coincidence' (in my opinion) is a way of casting suspicion on BB.

Oh, I see your point now but totally disagree as I personally have 0 suspicion of BB. BUT, she was targeted making this very unlikely to be random. That's I think the point of it being unbelievably coincidental. Meaning- target vs.random. No hidden feeling of BB involvement on my part. IMO
I followed the TS case, and while good reasons were documented- beside the age, gender and being a mom- I see very few other similarities.- IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I thought it was a jilted lover, than a burglary gone wrong, then a relative. But there's so many variables here with
an open Facebook account, very active lifestyle, and a marriage going sour.
Statistically it's lover/husband, relative, someone you know, stranger. I think it's in that order. But still no real answer in my mind.
Wondering if burglary gone wrong is DEFINITELY ruled out by authorities. ?
I want to hit the post button but not sure if I crossed any lines here...
MOD's?

Please don't take this post as confrontational, but just to explain: when I read 'unbelievable coincidence', I interpret it to mean 'something I do not believe is really a coincidence,' or 'not a coincidence at all'. There have been many posts throughout the threads that have compared this murder to the Sievers murder, and for many doing so, the key detail is that the husband was out of town in both cases. I'm sorry for making an assumption about your post.

No worries at all, Montjoy! I can see now where you would have thought that. I'm in the category of "husband not involved," so it didn't occur to me that anyone would think that's what I meant. I haven't been very vocal about it, but I think Missy was stalked by someone (either a rejected suitor or the spouse of an acquaintance) who took an opportunity for payback. I think BB has done some things that looked suspicious, but I trust my instinct and I don't think he's involved. There are two people I won't identify that have been on my radar (and were either not discussed or were rarely discussed here).

What is a more reasonable scenario at this point:
1. In a totally random coincidence, a person decides to vandalize and/or rob a church at 4 a.m. on a Monday in a small town, only to be surprised and/or interrupted by a woman who holds a regular fitness class at 5 a.m. Monday at that same church in a small town. After being interrupted and/or surprised, that person then murders the woman and appears not to steal anything from the church.
or
2. A woman is targeted and murdered at a time and place when it is known that she will be alone.
JMO, but #1 seems incredibly unlikely.

What is a more reasonable scenario at this point:
1. In a totally random coincidence, a person decides to vandalize and/or rob a church at 4 a.m. on a Monday in a small town, only to be surprised and/or interrupted by a woman who holds a regular fitness class at 5 a.m. Monday at that same church in a small town. After being interrupted and/or surprised, that person then murders the woman and appears not to steal anything from the church.
or
2. A woman is targeted and murdered at a time and place when it is known that she will be alone.
JMO, but #1 seems incredibly unlikely.

Agreed. Add the theory of a second SP to the first scenario and it becomes even more incredible.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. The circumstances of this case don't defy logic as applied to a plan to kill Missy Bevers. However they are outside the norm when compared to other murders. I'm arguing that statistics don't apply to this case. The time of her murder alone puts it outside the norm. The hours between 3am and 6am are the least likely time to be murdered. But that's when Missy was murdered and for a reason specific to her.

The 3 am hour, with an hour or two on either side, is a very likely time for vandalism and B&E of an unoccupied non-residential building. It would normally be too late and too early to encounter anyone.

If a perp chose a church thinking it would have a kitchen and/or something to steal or else just tear stuff up because he hates God or whatever, he couldn't have picked a better time than the middle of the night on a Sunday night at this particular church in a rural location, and raining which reduces police presence (cops don't patrol as much because they don't like to get wet).

You said "the time of her murder alone puts it outside the norm." If the perp never expected to find someone there, then the murder would have occurred incidentally to a B&E that was very much inside the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php
this is an image I got here from WS, I am by no means a pro etc at photo manipulation etc... I adjusted the exposure, sharpness etc. Does one eye appear to "Odd", if yes, could SP have a fake eye, and eye injury, maybe at some point suffer from a stroke (Maybe that would explain odd SP walk?) Just my thoughts and opinions.

I'm on the search for a polar bear now. :)

The one thing why I don't see it as a burglary:

Why would one wear a balaclava and a helmet trying to rob or vandalize a place? The balaclava - especially one with a nasofrontal joint- would be enough to hide facial structure, hair etc.. The added helmet
can interfere with hearing big time, something a burglar cannot afford to risk. They need to hear, if someone else is in the building or if any alarm is going off. Just to hide height? Why?

So much effort of (successfully?) hiding every aspect of the person, that the preparation, planning and the risk would far outweigh any benefit (robbery, vandalism) for the unsub.

Also, I am wondering how many times the perp passed the porte cochere during his movements at the church. More than once, twice?

-Nin

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=97232&stc=1 this is an image I got here from WS, I am by no means a pro etc at photo manipulation etc... I adjusted the exposure, sharpness etc. Does one eye appear to "Odd", if yes, could SP have a fake eye, and eye injury, maybe at some point suffer from a stroke (Maybe that would explain odd SP walk?) Just my thoughts and opinions.

I promised myself that I would not share the "eye" images, thus, in order not to break my own self-imposed rule, I left the link but not the image itself.

Your enhancement makes it so very obvious that this person, who is a killer, possesses a left eye that is larger than the "lazy" right eye. Perhaps this person was born this way. Perhaps they tend to raise their eyebrows often so it is not so noticeable.

OMHOO

attachment.php
this is an image I got here from WS, I am by no means a pro etc at photo manipulation etc... I adjusted the exposure, sharpness etc. Does one eye appear to "Odd", if yes, could SP have a fake eye, and eye injury, maybe at some point suffer from a stroke (Maybe that would explain odd SP walk?) Just my thoughts and opinions.

I am also getting images of a balaclava, that is joined over the bridge of the nose. I am in no way able getting anything close to sparky's pic, sorry. That being said, if LE can determine skin color, they have a much better view of the perp, than anyone thinks. That's just my opinion of course.

When this case breaks, I will be prepared for a great surprise - or not.

-Nin

I actually don't find this case super bizarre or unusual. Am I the only one? Aside from the swat gear, nothing sticks out at me.

Since I believe that this was a targeted killing, the church isn't odd. It was MB's place of employment, and it's the only place where she would have been alone all day.
I think this case is a bit odd and creepy considering the time it occurred, the place it occurred, the weather, the lying in wait, behavior of SP before the crime, and most of all how SP WAS dressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

To be more specific, the facts that lead it to seem that way to me are, 1) she just came back from an out of town trip, 2) it was (IIRC) going to be the last class at the church, 3) her husband was out of town (though I'm not implying he was involved), 4) it was later in the morning than most burglaries occur (statistically), 5) SP was right where MB was walking toward to, I presume, open the other door, 6) we don't see that many break-ins with a perp wearing this level of costume--so hiding any identifying information was a high priority (and do you think a perp would go to this level for just a minor church burglary?), and 7) she had just received a "creepy" message through a social media site. How much more coincidental can it be?

"1) she just came back from an out of town trip." Not sure of your point here. She had to be in Midlothian to be murdered in Midlothian. I don't see how her whereabouts a day or two beforehand have relevance to what happened on Monday morning when she was back to her normal schedule - unless it can be shown that something unusual happened on the out of town trip, which hasn't been the case.

"2) it was (IIRC) going to be the last class at the church," Don't recall seeing anything that would indicate MB was moving the class. I'd like to see a link if that's the case. And if true, one would assume that she would still be having a 5 am class somewhere... and it would have been likely to be somewhere outside just like before, and she would go to that location at 4:15 just like at Creekside, so if perp was targeting Missy, wouldn't he have the same opportunity at a new location that he had at the old one?

"3) her husband was out of town (though I'm not implying he was involved)" With nothing to indicate that BB ever attended these classes with MB, does it really matter whether he was out of state or whether he was in his house?

4) it was later in the morning than most burglaries occur (statistically) I don't agree. The perp is first seen on camera at 3:50 am. We don't know how long he had been there before that time. No cameras in the kitchen area which is closest to point of entry. Perp could have spent an indeterminate amount of time in that area looking around or snacking. There is nothing statistically out of whack about a B&E in the timeframe of 2 to 4 am.

"5) SP was right where MB was walking toward to, I presume, open the other door" Assumes facts not in evidence. There is so little we know about exactly how the two encountered one another. We can speculate but we know nothing definitive other than "SW corner of the interior of the building".

"6) we don't see that many break-ins with a perp wearing this level of costume--so hiding any identifying information was a high priority (and do you think a perp would go to this level for just a minor church burglary?)" I do concur that this level of costume is unusual. But LE has noted in their pressers that the level of video detail is not sufficient enough to draw very many conclusions about the outfit. We don't know how hard or how easy it was for the perp to come up with the outfit. We don't know whether it was ordered as a complete set online, or whether it was cobbled together piecemeal. We don't know if it's paintball gear, or a Halloween costume, or legit LE tactical gear. That makes it difficult to conclude much without having answers to some of those questions. But you're right, it isn't every day that someone in tactical-type gear is caught on video wandering through a church breaking stuff. It's one element that supports my #2 theory, that MB may have been targeted, but targeted by a stranger and not someone she knows. ETA: as for the last part of your statement about "minor church burglary" - we do again have to consider the fact that it could have been a B&E to raid the kitchen, or vandalize, etc. Theft might have been a secondary motivation or no motivation at all.

"7) she had just received a "creepy" message through a social media site." With no further information about this other than what was in the SW, all we can do is speculate. How "creepy" was it, as sometimes creepy is in the eye of the beholder? What if it was just some spam junkmail message that wasn't even specific to MB? What if it was a "wrong number" where it went to her by mistake? I'm reminded of the former Eagle Randy Meisner, whose wife's death this spring in a freak accident was preceded by a creepy text message she had gotten in the days prior to her death. Police found no connection.

Target or no? I guess it depends on what's in the rest of the video that the police have. Does the perp look like he is DELIBERATELY getting into position for a kill (just before Missy's entrance); or does he still appear to be meandering and seems surprised.

I have been following this case from the beginning. After watching the cctv footage repeatedly until my eyes were crossed, I decided to take a step back and asked what are we missing.
Starting from the beginning: Because the common consensus is that LE should hold to a higher standard, I think it is human nature to dissconnect the perp by assuming that, of course this was a person dressed at a cop. For thread after thread, the odd walk, weight, gender, etc. was discussed. Burglary, vs. planned attack. All the usual suspects.

Most often, it is the most obvious that is true. I happen to know neumerous people in law enforcement and in thinking of friends in LE, I had to recalculate my initial view of the videos. Cops come in all shapes and sizes. We, tend to have the TV land view of all things. Law officers are or should hold to a higher standard than the general public, therefore this should not be a cop, but someone dressed as a cop.

While looking at this video with a friend of mine, who is a veteral decetive, I had a revolation. Or not. I have held to the very distinct possibility that this was a law officer. For thread after thread, we discussed everything from where this perp got the gear, to if in fact it was lagitimate gear at all. We have been back and forth on gender, weight, age, motive etc. My friends immediate reaction was that this is a cop. Not necessarily a Midlothian cop, but a cop none the less. He seemed to think that the per displayed some common manerisims of LE. He also agreed that it would be highly unlikley for anyone to go out and obtain this type of gear for the sole purpose of disguise. It would make more sense if the perp wanted you to believe that it was a cop that did the deed, and if that were the case, would have displayed some identifier of department or person. Our discussion consisted of officers we know who dont know how to use a screwdriver, another that walks particularly funny. (no offence Johnny) we love bro. We also are of the opinion that this perp was just killing time, as apposed to staging a burglary. As for motive who knows? But the topic of our discussion was that the public only knows of one possible romantic interest and if that lies within the character of the victim, there are possibly more or previous ones. Maybe one of them if there are others, is a cop?
Totally in agreement with this; however, I think there may definitely be relation of LE or military or firefighter even possibly outside of a romantic involvement but connected via gym/workouts/CG. I think there is a connection to prior media reports of happenings in the area and LE/FBI are aware but it's a big ole tangled web to sort and prove.

LE and military experienced perps knew how to fake a robbery gone bad, were confident in not leaving evidence trail (they thought), were confident being on camera using to their advantage, were comfortable killing and using tools not just wearing them appropriately in gear, were confident they could literally get away with murder in their little area until FEDS showed up and will bust them! Who would spend the amount of money on these tools and gear just for robbery? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Target or no? I guess it depends on what's in the rest of the video that the police have. Does the perp look like he is DELIBERATELY getting into position for a kill (just before Missy's entrance); or does he still appear to be meandering and seems surprised.

When asked in an early press conference about the unreleased video, assistant chief Johnson said that the perp's movements were consistent with the movements seen on the video that was released. I take that to mean moving around with no urgency, breaking stuff, poking a head in rooms, trying to gain entry to anything that is locked, etc. He said "we really don't understand all the movement", and has not indicated in later pressers that they have gained any understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478