TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing bricks and rocks at police during a "peaceful" protest is a sure way to lose support from lots of people. Police officers being shot during protests doesn't make people want to listen to anything.

I was done after the first few false claims of police wrong doing. It's like the boy that cried wolf.jmo

I believe the NRA says guns are needed to fight against a govt you do not agree with.

I guess some people do not agree with the govt and are exercising their use of firearms to attack the govt.

If memory serves me correctly it is a right, as in the bill of rights, the nra had nothing to do with it. The bill of rights was signed in 1791, the nra was established in 1871, 80 years later. What the nra has done is keep it in place from the ones that would like to take it from a free people. jmo idk

I think we can give respect because someone is a human being. They do not have to live up to my expectations. I hate opera music but that does not mean that I cannot respect the singers and the composers.

I cannot give respect simply because someone is a human being. A person has to act like a human being for me to respect them.

:cow:

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Tid Bits:

........ community social services organization says the gunman who killed five police officers at a Dallas protest march worked for his organization.
........... subcontracts with the state to provide care for people with disabilities.
.......... brother, who was in his early 20s.
Carnegie said Johnson, until his death this week, received an hourly wage to look after his brother at the home in Mesquite where both men lived with their mother. .....

........... people around the country have been arrested for making threats against law enforcement in the wake of shootings by police in Louisiana and Minnesota and the killings of five officers in Dallas.
....... Chicago woman is accused of posting a threat on Facebook to shoot any police officer who pulls her over and asks her to get out of the car.
....Louisiana say a man was jailed after posting a social media video in which he says he wants to shoot and kill a police officer. Police in Bossier (BOH'-zhur) say the man made the video while sitting in a car that was behind a police unit at a fast-food drive-thru.
..... Racine, Wisconsin, police say they arrested a man who posted calls for black men to kill white police officers and their familie

http://www.wbrc.com/story/32406580/the-latest-dallas-gunman-was-paid-to-care-for-brother

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Tid Bits:

........ community social services organization says the gunman who killed five police officers at a Dallas protest march worked for his organization.
........... subcontracts with the state to provide care for people with disabilities.
.......... brother, who was in his early 20s.
Carnegie said Johnson, until his death this week, received an hourly wage to look after his brother at the home in Mesquite where both men lived with their mother. .....

........... people around the country have been arrested for making threats against law enforcement in the wake of shootings by police in Louisiana and Minnesota and the killings of five officers in Dallas.
....... Chicago woman is accused of posting a threat on Facebook to shoot any police officer who pulls her over and asks her to get out of the car.
....Louisiana say a man was jailed after posting a social media video in which he says he wants to shoot and kill a police officer. Police in Bossier (BOH'-zhur) say the man made the video while sitting in a car that was behind a police unit at a fast-food drive-thru.
..... Racine, Wisconsin, police say they arrested a man who posted calls for black men to kill white police officers and their familie

http://www.wbrc.com/story/32406580/the-latest-dallas-gunman-was-paid-to-care-for-brother

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Absolutely unbelievable :mad:

[video=youtube;RUUZ2fKVqcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUUZ2fKVqcs[/video]

:blue:

I have been thinking. I do not want to convey I think less of any person and I understand the sentiment behind all of the "matters" movements but why can't we find a "matters" hashtag that is all encompassing and fight for it. Would it not make people pay attention? I guess that inner Pollyanna is coming through again so before anyone says anything, please know I am saying this with a compassionate heart that really wants everyone to feel heard, cared about and ultimately to feel and be safe.
I just woke up and wanted to say you put to words how I've been feeling. If the movement really wanted to effect change and bring about peace, it would be more inclusive feeling. How do you get someone to listen to with anger and shouting? I know when someone is yelling in my face I shut them out. I like the #hateusnottoday ideals. I hope they take hold with people.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've been researching prolific serial/spree/mass killers and sexual predators for about a decade, and in virtually every case since the 1980s, meth is the common denominator, involved either directly or indirectly. Meth creates psychopathic personalities, imo.. As in this case, domestic terrorist MJ, lacked fear, possessed a total deficit of empathy, and a complete disregard for others while carrying out his deviant acts. We will likely find that he had been tweeking on meth for days prior to the brazen kamakaze like attack, imo.

Japanese Kamikaze pilots were given high doses of methamphetamine before carrying out their suicide missions during WWII.

HISTORY OF METHAMPHETAMINE
http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/crystalmeth/history-of-methamphetamine.html

Vanderbilt University researchers found that psychopaths are wired differently. They crave rewards, no matter the cost.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/blame-the-brain-psychopaths-are-wired-differently/

Fabulous post, Foxfire!

I just woke up and wanted to say you put to words how I've been feeling. If the movement really wanted to effect change and bring about peace, it would be more inclusive feeling. How do you get someone to listen to with anger and shouting? I know when someone is yelling in my face I shut them out. I like the #hateusnottoday ideals. I hope they take hold with people.

I am curious as to what that means. Since the slaves were brought here people have been writng about, protesting, marching, rioting, making laws, holding seminars, and now filming what goes on.

Martin Luther King suffered all kinds of atrocities but preached peace while the Civil Rights workers were brutalized.

Now the world can see via video what happens,

Yet people still deny and justify why POC are deserving of being treated as less. Why? I know many whites who know zero people of color yet they despise them. Why? I imgine many whites have never even been to the home of or had a POC to their home. It is all very strange to me.

I am curious as to what that means. Since the slaves were brought here people have been writng about, protesting, marching, rioting, making laws, holding seminars, and now filming what goes on.

Martin Luther King suffered all kinds of atrocities but preached peace while the Civil Rights workers were brutalized.

Yet people still deny and justify why POC are deserving of being treated as less. Why? I know many whites who know zero people of color yet they despise them. Why? I imgine many whites have never even been to the home of or had a POC to their home. It is all very strange to me.

I would imagine your last couple of sentences could be presented & pointed into the other direction (to POC), no???

'Just always trying to look at things from all sides to engage critical thinking skills.

[video=youtube;RUUZ2fKVqcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUUZ2fKVqcs[/video]

:blue:

Thank you for this video it is so very true!
God Bless Texas!
God Bless all of our police men and women!

My family was still in Europe when slaves were brought to America, but because I am white I have been called "Whitey" "cracker" etc.

My mother was brutally mugged in Park Chester coming out of her bank she managed. Thrown to the ground and beat about the face by 5 black men. They called her a white *****. White c%nt and white scum. Because
She was white. the ring leader told police they were looking for a white ***** to eff up. Oh, and it wasn't a "hate" crime. Smdh. But I'm not running around with a giant agenda against young Black men. (Although I let fear rule me for a long time).

Sometimes I feel that all of the anger emanating from the movement is directed at White people in general. I read the hash tags. I listen with my ears and see with my eyes. So many that say they want change, just want revenge. Revenge for something that I wasn't a part of. and I don't know why.

But this ^^^ isn't productive either. We all constantly have out own wounds to lick. That's why the #Huntusnottoday , #Hateusnottoday movement is exciting to me. We all need to put it aside and face to face look at each other and realise that ANGER only breeds MORE ANGER. On all sides.

John Legend

We should not have to jump through hoops to prove black people shouldn't be shot by police during routine traffic stops

Okay, thinking again, not sure it is a good thing, but I cannot seem to stop. I am worried all of the "matter" groups inadvertently promote division. We are all fighting to be equal in America. (I know there are other issues outside of American's but for the sake of this topic, I am only focusing on America.) Wouldn't something like "All Americans Matter" be more appropriate for unity?

Imo it boils down to something said a long time ago... "All men are created equal." However, I think the real problem is, that in this day and age, it has come to be that almost anything a person can say will be most positively misconstrued and complained about by others. Here... we would have people point fingers and shout labels such as "Misogyny! All MEN? Only men? Not WOMEN?" I think it has become almost the norm among many to jump to conclusions without really studying a situation or the real meaning of another's words and then refuse to change their minds in the face of eventual facts (either way; either "side.") Example would be... the immediate condemnation (by some) towards the police who killed the 2 black men in Louisiana and Minnesota. A review of the deaths is taking place and there may be legal action, if warranted, but the condemnation began just seconds after the deaths of those 2 men. No "innocent until proven guilty" for those who MAY have felt compelled to shoot to protect themselves. No, the police are automatically guilty to some people.... and they will NEVER change their minds no matter what they read or hear if they don't want to read or hear it and if it better suits their own agendas to continue to think as they concluded immediately. Personally, I have to study a situation longer than a few seconds before I can know what I can believe. I can't assume or compare to any other case. I have to face each incident that happens completely on it's own merits. At the same time, when I hear "All men are created equal" I can accept that this was written a long time ago and the value of the statement includes all people in this day and age. I don't have to go off on a long harangue about "fat-pig white men and their hate for women." I don't know when or why, it seems to me, many people around the world have become people who immediately react instead of observing, learning, listening and coming to well-thought-out conclusions before shouting out what they decide the moment they hear a "news" announcement. Have we become so used to hate that we LIKE to feed our hate every day... steady diet of more hate? Even our own president reacts this way imo. It is not a good way to think imo. Innocent people die because of this way of thinking as they did just a few days ago... and here I sit waiting to read about more deaths any time now.... Imo, even the news agencies are playing with fire and I am personally very heart-sick about it.

My family was still in Europe when slaves were brought to America, but because I am white I have been called "Whitey" "cracker" etc.

My mother was brutally mugged in Park Chester coming out of her bank she managed. Thrown to the ground and beat about the face by 5 black men. They called her a white *****. White c%nt and white scum. Because
She was white. the ring leader told police they were looking for a white ***** to eff up. Oh, and it wasn't a "hate" crime. Smdh. But I'm not running around with a giant agenda against young Black men. (Although I let fear rule me for a long time).

Sometimes I feel that all of the anger emanating from the movement is directed at White people in general. I read the hash tags. I listen with my ears and see with my eyes. So many that say they want change, just want revenge. Revenge for something that I wasn't a part of. and I don't know why.

But this ^^^ isn't productive either. We all constantly have out own wounds to lick. That's why the #Huntusnottoday , #Hateusnottoday movement is exciting to me. We all need to put it aside and face to face look at each other and realise that ANGER only breeds MORE ANGER. On all sides.

I do not understand what the problem is in admitting that racism is a part of the US culture and it needs to be eliminatef in order for these riots and killings to stop. Racism is a power structure inflicted on those without power.And that means killing by every one.

It happens all over the world. Even in the US the war of Independence was fought for freedom from England.

I do not think violence and war are the way. I think confronting issues and finding solutions are the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71