Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So can a go fund me account be open without any proof of a need?

Sent from my SCH-I545

No proof of need is required. According to their FYI, they can't investigate the legitimacy of each cause. You are encouraged to donate only to people you know and trust. It says...When in doubt, don't donate.

Regarding the life insurance question ... Most likely explanation is, as far as insurance through his employer, probably nothing (using the assumption that he has a young wife presumably without medical limitations so the perception of need is low low low) or a small amount as guarantee issue limits on spouse coverage are low (typically 10-50k depending on the size of employer). Is it enough to cover the tax lien? Probably - but - he'd have to have a death cert OR a court order from a Mexican judge to declare her dead ... He could probably get one from a US judge but would need to wait a number of years (typically 7, less if there is convincing proof of death, which he doesn't have and may not ever get). So, don't know if life insurance would be a motive because the turnaround in this scenario would be very very lengthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this is a transcript of the radio interview (with atty Everardo Moreno, I believe), but maybe a summary. There's a link to an audio of the interview, so if anyone is fluent in Spanish, please have a listen and report back anything of interest! http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=609266&idFC=2016

Here's one piece of info that is new to us, from the text:
"Jenny dijo que necesitaba dinero porque ya se le había acabado y preguntó dónde había un cajero le dijeron en qué lugar, fue a una gasolinera, pero el cajero no tenía dinero, entonces, se puso a un lado del camino y fue cuando pasó este camión y la levantó y esa es la última noticia que se tiene".

Google Translate translates it as:
"Jenny said she needed money because he had already run out and asked where he was a cashier told in what place, went to a gas station, but the cashier had no money, then, he puts aside the road and when he spent this truck and lifted and that's the last news we have."

Again, we are hearing something about a gas station. Likely, it must be the large Pemex gas station we've seen right by where she is said to have been picked up by the Corona truck. The witnesses we've heard JR mention must be the ones who told her to try the cashier at the gas station as a place to try and get cash.

So, it sounds like although she had money in a bank account, she was out of cash on her person. That clarifies why we've seen JR say "Jenny is traveling on no money" in his critical post of the Oaxaca police and Jenny's family (he has since deleted the comment, however). DexterMorgan's post saved the text for us, however (yay, Dex) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-1&p=12630419#post12630419

I don't think this is a transcript of the radio interview (with atty Everardo Moreno, I believe), but maybe a summary. There's a link to an audio of the interview, so if anyone is fluent in Spanish, please have a listen and report back anything of interest! http://www.radioformula.com.mx/notas.asp?Idn=609266&idFC=2016

"Jenny dijo que necesitaba dinero porque ya se le había acabado y preguntó dónde había un cajero le dijeron en qué lugar, fue a una gasolinera, pero el cajero no tenía dinero, entonces, se puso a un lado del camino y fue cuando pasó este camión y la levantó y esa es la última noticia que se tiene".

"Jenny said she needed money because he had already run out and asked where he was a cashier told in what place, went to a gas station, but the cashier had no money, then, he puts aside the road and when he spent this truck and lifted and that's the last news we have.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-1&p=12630419#post12630419

My translation:

Jenny said she needed money, because she had run out of money, and she asked where she could find an ATM. She was told where she could find one and went to a gas station, but the ATM didn't have any money, so she went and stood beside the road, and it was then that the truck passed by and picked her up, and this is the last news we have.

sorry, my English is not perfect :-s I speak European Spanish (from Spain) so I have a doubt about the wording " la levanto" (in Spain that means literally "they/he/it lifted her", I translate it to picking her up/giving her a lift. But I don't know if in Mexico that means something more sinister such as taking someone with them by force.

I wish I could do longer translations, but I'm so busy with my one year old, I only have a moment to read or post from time to time ;-)

My translation:

Jenny said she needed money, because she had run out of money, and she asked where she could find an ATM. She was told where she could find one and went to a gas station, but the ATM didn't have any money, so she went and stood beside the road, and it was then that the truck passed by and picked her up, and this is the last news we have.

sorry, my English is not perfect :-s I speak European Spanish (from Spain) so I have a doubt about the wording " la levanto" (in Spain that means literally "they/he/it lifted her", I translate it to picking her up/giving her a lift. But I don't know if in Mexico that means something more sinister such as taking someone with them by force.

I wish I could do longer translations, but I'm so busy with my one year old, I only have a moment to read or post from time to time ;-)

Thanks. But something isn't right. Because Jonathan never once mentioned any of her last mentionings of needing money and not getting it and then went to hitchhike. Jmo.

Now he said that he had sent her money for a bus ride so she wouldn't hitchhike. But he doesn't mention that it was for that day. I think it was for after she posted about the near abduction of 2 cartel members.

Now I'm starting to wonder if he never put the money on her card and left her financially stranded out there after a while. Idk

Which are we to ignore?
...and is it because JR took his post about the other evening off his help find Jenny page or even if it was still on and posted by him it is a no go??

Sent from my SCH-I545

Sorry for the confusion. The post Wendy was asking about is gone, as is Wendy's post that I answered. The post she was asking about referred to things that have been sleuthed but aren't public knowledge. So we can't talk about those things.

A mod can correct me, but I think we can still talk about JR's arrest because he talked about it, even though he took the post down. All the original posts here on WS about his arrest from the morning of July 8 were deleted because they came from sleuthing we aren't supposed to do. Once he posted, it was fair game. But I'm not a mod and I don't play one on television. This is just MOO.

It's hard to talk about deleted posts, so I hope this makes sense. :)

Thanks. But something isn't right. Because Jonathan never once mentioned any of her last mentionings of needing money and not getting it and then went to hitchhike. Jmo.

Now he said that he had sent her money for a bus ride so she wouldn't hitchhike. But he doesn't mention that it was for that day. I think it was for after she posted about the near abduction of 2 cartel members.

Now I'm starting to wonder if he never put the money on her card and left her financially stranded out there after a while. Idk

Jenny said she was going to hitchhike to Cancun when she was still in Oaxaca, according to her Wiebo. JR said he begged her not to and offered or sent money for a bus. Even if he put the money in the account, Jenny wouldn't be able to get at it if the ATM machine was out of cash. She may not have told him she couldn't get the money and kept with her plan to hitchhike. I'm not going to blame JR for this. JMO

My translation:

Welcome! Thanks so much!!!! Your English is much better than my Spanish (which is zero)! :) This is a big help. Enjoy your little one.

:welcome4:

My translation:

Welcome! Thanks so much!!!! Your English is much better than my Spanish (which is zero)! :) This is a big help. Enjoy your little one.

RBBM
I totally agree with you, Lillibet! It's so great to have you here with us, Feronia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the confusion. The post Wendy was asking about is gone, as is Wendy's post that I answered. The post she was asking about referred to things that have been sleuthed but aren't public knowledge. So we can't talk about those things.

A mod can correct me, but I think we can still talk about JR's arrest because he talked about it, even though he took the post down. All the original posts here on WS about his arrest from the morning of July 8 were deleted because they came from sleuthing we aren't supposed to do. Once he posted, it was fair game. But I'm not a mod and I don't play one on television. This is just MOO.

It's hard to talk about deleted posts, so I hope this makes sense. :)
Thank You, Lili ...I am still learning!

Sent from my SCH-I545

Jenny said she was going to hitchhike to Cancun when she was still in Oaxaca, according to her Wiebo. JR said he begged her not to and offered or sent money for a bus. Even if he put the money in the account, Jenny wouldn't be able to get at it if the ATM machine was out of cash. She may not have told him she couldn't get the money and kept with her plan to hitchhike. I'm not going to blame JR for this. JMO

Well until he shows a bank statement or proof that he gave her money while she was supposedly strapped for cash while still planning to go to Cuba and NY.

Then I will not believe he gave her money for now. Jmo.

He is spinning so many things and telling half truths. Jmo.

So maybe he went to the brothel the night before and didn't have the money to send Jenny. And now he wants to tell reporters of how the supposed witness noticed that Jenny couldn't get the money due to the ATM being out of money. Jmo.

Imo. His witnesses were paid by the P.I. or him. Jmo.

"Jenny said she needed money because he had already run out and asked where he was a cashier told in what place, went to a gas station, but the cashier had no money, then, he puts aside the road and when he spent this truck and lifted and that's the last news we have."

Again, we are hearing something about a gas station. Likely, it must be the large Pemex gas station we've seen right by where she is said to have been picked up by the Corona truck. The witnesses we've heard JR mention must be the ones who told her to try the cashier at the gas station as a place to try and get cash.

So, it sounds like although she had money in a bank account, she was out of cash on her person. That clarifies why we've seen JR say "Jenny is traveling on no money" in his critical post of the Oaxaca police and Jenny's family (he has since deleted the comment, however). DexterMorgan's post saved the text for us, however (yay, Dex) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-1&p=12630419#post12630419

A couple of things I thought were interesting in the article summary (don't take any of it as gospel truth though, because my Mad Translation Skillz are about a half-step above Google, if that); I haven't been following this as closely as most of you, so please forgive me if this is all old news to everyone:

In the program "Ciro Gomez Leyva In the Morning," Everardo Moreno said that he first met with Reinhard on June 8 to start looking at what tasks needed to be done [in the case].
The lawyer said that he went to the Oaxaca State Attorney's office and spoke with Attorney General Hector Joaquin Carrillo Ruiz, "and it was not until I spoke with him on June 17th that a preliminary investigation was opened."

He [Moreno] noted that while it might seem hard to believe, Modelo Brewery has shown more interest in the case than the Oaxaca Attorney General's office has. He also pointed out that Modelo doesn't actually own the trucks used for transporting their products, instead hiring trucking companies for this, and it was an employee of one of these companies that apparently gave a ride to 26-year-old Jenny.

He stressed that he had requested two official inquiries in Oaxaca on June 22: "I asked that the public prosecutor talk to and interview that last people who saw her at the highway junction for any evidence/clue, but those interviews were never done.

I also asked if they could do an audit/search of the GPS units of the transport company's trucks [the ones used by Modelo], but it wasn't possible to do this."

The infamous Modelo truck is described as "un camión de doble remolque," or a "double-trailer truck" such as this: Google Images (just in case anyone in Mexico wants to keep an eye out)

Hopefully I haven't mistranslated anything too badly; if I have, maybe Feronia or karma7728's marido can correct it. (Fun fact: for some reason, I always get "marido" and "marisco" mixed up, and thus have introduced my husband as "my seafood" a number of times.)

Sorry I can't translate the audio portion, but as poor as my reading/writing translation is, my listening/speaking is even worse--I just can't hear that fast. Whenever my seafood/husband asks me to translate during soccer games on ESPN Deportes, I always tell him, "Uhh...sorry, but they're speaking Portuguese, so I can't help you."

I'm trying not to get distracted by the recent revelations about the husband's relaxation choices. Does it mean anything as it relates to Jenny's disappearance? Is it an indicator of anything other than poor judgement?
I keep reminding myself that people live their married lives in all different manners. Not everyone chooses a conventional lifestyle . Maybe they had an agreement for all we know. Given their age difference they were unconventional to begin with. Does that mean anything as it relates to Jenny's disappearance?

I dont' know...as of yet.

All I know is that this gal chose to go backpacking in a dangerous place, ended up hitchhiking with a Corona truck and has vanished. Corona says there were 7 trucks in that area. So that's a pretty narrow suspect list. If the driver is innocent, why not come forward and help?

I think the best place to put all the focus is on this Corona truck. Anything else is a big distraction. MOO.

Since Jonathan is the only verified source given to all reporters. Then I will not believe any thing that they say. Jmo.

]I'm trying not to get distracted by the recent revelations about the husband's relaxation choices. Does it mean anything as it relates to Jenny's disappearance? Is it an indicator of anything other than poor judgement?[/B]
I keep reminding myself that people live their married lives in all different manners. Not everyone chooses a conventional lifestyle . Maybe they had an agreement for all we know. Given their age difference they were unconventional to begin with. Does that mean anything as it relates to Jenny's disappearance?

All I know is that this gal chose to go backpacking in a dangerous place, ended up hitchhiking with a Corona truck and has vanished. Corona says there were 7 trucks in that area. So that's a pretty narrow suspect list. If the driver is innocent, why not come forward and help?

I think the best place to put all the focus is on this Corona truck. Anything else is a big distraction. MOO.

BBM Who knows? Maybe he is trying to move on without her. Tacky IMO.

I'm trying not to get distracted by the recent revelations about the husband's relaxation choices. Does it mean anything as it relates to Jenny's disappearance? Is it an indicator of anything other than poor judgement?

Imo. Corona didn't say 7 trucks. Jonathan said it.

So unless Corona verifies this. Then don't believe it.

Because first it was that they would give him the actual driver name.

Then ooops. Its now 7 drivers.

But then. Its now he is waiting for LE to interview the suspect driver.

But. Nobody knows the actual driver since 7 of them were supposedly in the area.

Now since all of this information came from Jonathan; Then I don't believe anything. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214