TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My recollection is that they didn't know Missy was dead when they first heard. Reportedly, she was found unresponsive. MT intended to go to the hospital to be with Missy.
Thank you. Im looking for that video to review.

View attachment 98320

I think the tile size debate can be settled pretty easily by Batbrat using the paper signs and tiles shown in this photo. Would need to know the width of the border tiles, too, in order to use tile counting to determine distance in the corridor.

If that is standard printer paper, those tiles are no where near 4x4. Imo

You are calculating the tiles as if they were laid, diagonally across that floor so that each tile across is laid on it's tip. If that were true, your calculation would be correct.

And I would have never posted what I did, since I would rather not get trying to describe calculating the hypotenuse of a triangle of a bisected square.

What makes you think those tiles are laid diagonally? Rather than there is a pattern on the tiles of a diamond, while the tile itself is actually square and laid square?

-------------------
That would only be true if those tiles were actually laid diagonally.

That is a pattern of a diamond on a square tile. Those are square tiles laid side by side straight across that hall row by row.

I understood you to be saying that it was a set of squares, laid in a diamond pattern, and simply responded to that. (And calculating the diagonal in a square is easy.) You said 4 x 4, and the diagonal for such wouldn't also be 4.

Obviously you know what you mean, so as you're clarifying that when you said "tile," each of those in your calculations is one that contains the space of 2 diamonds, I certainly have no argument. It's your choice of reference points, from which you are making estimates, not mine.

But, now I'm curious. What made you assume that each "tile" contains the space of 2 diamonds, and that each tile is exactly 4 x 4? I don't see any dividing lines on the floor to indicate that (and half of the "diamonds" should have lines where tiles meet that visually would divide it into 4ths, if this the case). Just wondering.

Something that still bothers me...

BB stated that a camper called him first to tell him the news. (I have always wondered who this person is that would want to call him this news and not let LE do this. Would you want to be the person that told someone this info? Not me.) Anyway...BB and MT and have always seemed as if they do not like CG and I know there are pics of BB with MB at some CG functions (he is in the background) but why would a CG member have his cell phone number?

Is there a prize for the person who guesses closest on the tile size? Throw a virtual dollar in the pot and make your guess?

My guess is 36" tiles with 3" border tiles.

$

Something that still bothers me...

BB stated that a camper called him first to tell him the news. (I have always wondered who this person is that would want to call him this news and not let LE do this. Would you want to be the person that told someone this info? Not me.) Anyway...BB and MT and have always seemed as if they do not like CG and I know there are pics of BB with MB at some CG functions (he is in the background) but why would a CG member have his cell phone number?

For me it would depend on how well I knew BB and how I interpreted MB's situation . If I was working out with my neighbor (female) and I showed up and found her, I would call her husband to say something had happened to her and that 911 had been called. I am still working off the assumption they didn't know it was a murder (vs accident of some sort) and didn't have the paramedic's confirmation she was dead. Now if I knew she was dead, I would wait for someone official to make that phone call. I did think it was interesting that one of the campers had his number though.

Is there a prize for the person who guesses closest on the tile size? Throw a virtual dollar in the pot and make your guess?

My guess is 36" tiles with 3" border tiles.

$

Y'all let me know when you reach consensus.

Math is hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it would depend on how well I knew BB and how I interpreted MB's situation . If I was working out with my neighbor (female) and I showed up and found her, I would call her husband to say something had happened and 911 had been called. I am still working off the assumption they didn't know it was a murder (vs accident of some sort) and didn't have paramedic confirmation she was dead. Now if I knew she was dead, I would wait for someone official to make that phone call.
What you say is key...the campers who found the body HAD to know it was murder...she was non-responsive when found-in other words...dead. I'm sure it took some time to realize the magnitude of the situation but from the nature of the wounds and the fact that "tools" were left at the scene..there is no other possible conclusion

Latest version of the Church map. As I have said, it is a work in progress.

First, a shout out to Scout - Thanks for posting the Breakaway photos. They were very helpful. Those two photos are the room E3 on the map. The other photos in that set, which I had seen before, are of a different room that is E2 on the map.

Okay. The changes and other notes about it. The east side of this building is quite a challenge.

One of the rooms I had on the east side of the building (E2 in prior maps) is actually a room on the west side W1 in the new map.

This map is depicting only 3 rooms on the east side. However, there is a Room 13 that I believe shares the space occupied by Room 12 (E1) that may only have an internal partition between them like folding doors or something like that (still working on trying to nail down E1 and I will have a better look at what that might be). But it may be a large room with two doors and different numbers next to the doors that used to be separate rooms. Like I said, still working on it.

Prior maps showed only a few columns on it. I have placed the structural columns I have seen in photos where they are. So you will see more black squares around on the map. Columns on the North and South side align with the columns in the sanctuary - this helped prove I have the right position for a room. So if you look at the column marker in O3 it aligns to a column on the south of the sanctuary, which aligns to a column on the north of the sanctuary which aligns with that black bar with the metal rollup windows and door between the Kitchen and Room 8 (N1). Columns on the west side of the church and the east side of the church align differently from each other. There are, simply, different structures to support on each of those sides.

Now about that black bar in between the Kitchen and Room 8. That is there because when they built those rollup windows in there they also installed a counter as the sill. So there is depth there and at the boundary of the Kitchen and Room 8 there should have been a visible column and there wasn't until I realized that they built the wider wall from column to column to accommodate the windows and counter. It might not seem like a big deal, but it was causing a 1 foot column alignment problem that I couldn't resolve counting and recounting the ceiling tiles and coming up with the same answer for the room sizes yet still coming up a foot short. Ugh. With that resolved, now those rooms are where they should be and are the size they should be.

You won't really notice this, but in prior maps the window positions were placed on based on counting roof slats and I always counted them by 2's. e.g 2, 4, 6, 8 as I went along. However, I had forgotten that there are 3 foot eaves on the building so the tip at each end is only 1 foot wide. The rest are two. So the counting should have been 1,3,5, etc. This made a difference in settling positions and dimensions of some rooms, particularly in the office area.

The other change on the east side is that E3 on prior maps (Room 2) is now 2 rooms. Room 2 and Room 4. Room 2 is accessed via the main entry. Room 4 is the door SP broke into in the west hall (tiled) before going to on to what is likely a closet and then heading to the south hall. These rooms are for infants and crawlers (Room 2) and Toddlers to age 2 (room 4) per the church bulletins. Considering this I believe there is a connection internally between then (so that the people working them can help each out if needed). I have depicted that as a suspected door.

The room labelled E3 (Room 10) has two doors and I have chosen one possible location for a suspected door. Doors on the east side have been showing up exactly mounted to the left side of a structural column. I have been using that theory for suspected doors on the east side.

One final note. I have left the configuration of the area west of the kitchen (K1 plus 2 bathrooms) unchanged in this release. There will be a change or two there but there absolutely have to be two bathrooms there because of the two plumbing stacks there on the roof. I have seen the photo from the day before yesterday posted on Creekside facebook that shows an open door in this area. I haven't had much time to analyse it. But I believe it will only result in bathrooms of different dimensions or configuration.

So, with all of that in mind - and remember it is a work in progress ... here it is

attachment.php

Attachments

• ChurchLayout_20160715.jpg
    ChurchLayout_20160715.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,221
For me it would depend on how well I knew BB and how I interpreted MB's situation . If I was working out with my neighbor (female) and I showed up and found her, I would call her husband to say something had happened and 911 had been called. I am still working off the assumption they didn't know it was a murder (vs accident of some sort) and didn't have paramedic confirmation she was dead. Now if I knew she was dead, I would wait for someone official to make that phone call. I did think it was interesting that one of the campers had his number.

It depends. I think this would be an indication that one or people in the class were also friends of the family, perhaps even close friends. Which is to be expected, on many levels.

What you say is key...the campers who found the body HAD to know it was murder...she was non-responsive when found-in other words...dead. I'm sure it took some time to realize the magnitude of the situation but from the nature of the wounds and the fact that "tools" were left at the scene..there is no other possible conclusion

Sure there is. There is still plenty of detail we don't have about what the scene was like, and we don't know exactly where the tools were, or if there was an attempt to conceal them.

What if the perp killed her but then afterward broke a glass table and positioned her body next to it? It wouldn't pass LE scrutiny, but it could fool campers into thinking it was a freak accident, long enough for the perp to get further away.

We just don't know enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge misconception that its common for people in Christian churches to kill because of clothing. Jeez!
I never heard of it and Christianity has been around 2,000 years! 200 years in this country. The strictest group would be Amish, but i don't think that's likely either. JMO

Thank you! I would never have suspected that! That should NOT be a focus in this murder! moo!

If SP was under the impression that the church cameras were not working, imagine his/her surprise to see themselves blasted all over the media the following day! Oh snap! Watching, re-watching the video of their own distinguished walk. I hope that gives them some nervous discomfort.

I've often asked myself if the SwatPerp walked like they had a problem to create reasonable doubt to cast their focus towards another person?????

Does anyone remember in the beginning in an interview with MB, she stated something to the affect (iirc) she asked her daughter KS to go over to BB and Missy's house right after BB called her regarding the news of Missy?
IIRC, it was quite early and my question is, why ask KS to go when MT lives closer?

... instead of MT going there herself, wasn't Missy's status being discussed at that point as an accident, maybe then-perceived as being a slight accident, not life-threatening. Is it poss -
1. after discussing their comparative states or readiness (if MT was still in bed in pajamas, dripping wet in shower, vs KS being awake, caffeinated showered & dressed), they figured KS would arrive there first, the faster of the two?
2. KT's employment or other plans for that a.m./day required her to be (more or less) in BB's neighborhood?

IDK, as I have no idea about their homes' locations, employment-location, etc. Pure speculation.

I have had the exact same thoughts. I first believed the video would be the key to solving the case. But virtually everyone has a different opinion about what they're seeing. Old, young, fat, pregnant, lean, male, female, athletic, feeble, experienced, inexperienced, injuries left side, injuries right, drunk, large feet, small feet with oversized shoes. We can't even agree on what the subject is wearing! It's crazy how we're all looking at the exact same thing but seeing something so completely different. If that's happening to us, it's probably happening to LE as well. It may actually be the reason the case will never be solved. So many people are just completely unable to see past the costume or camera distortions.

SP pretty obvious w/regard to motive, gait, cocky attitude, physical build........

Huge misconception that its common for people in Christian churches to kill because of clothing. Jeez!
I never heard of it and Christianity has been around 2,000 years! 200 years in this country. The strictest group would be Amish, but i don't think that's likely either. JMO

That mindset is ludicrous! MOO

I did forget they had mentioned tools were left behind, but honestly, I still don't think my head would immediately jump to murder. If I were staring at my friends bloodied up body and someone else was already on the phone calling 911, I do think my first instinct would be to call their husband if I had the number on me. Just an initial 'oh my gosh, something terrible has happened, you need to get home immediately' type of reaction. Now, again, this is all assuming this was a couple that I was close to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member