NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was posted earlier.

Here is part 2 from today on Crime Watch Daily. Karina's best friends are interviewed.

"Exclusive: CWD interview with NYC jogger Karina Vetrano's best friends"

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/09/...with-nyc-jogger-karina-vetranos-best-friends/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone, I'm new to Websleuths. I have been following this case since it happened. It is truly tragic and I hope they find this animal soon.
For some reason I just don't believe this was random, I have so many questions that I would love to get answered. Mainly did she run at the same time daily?.
It seems unlikely someone followed her and then waited for her. I think if she had a regular pattern then maybe they knew she would be running her route at that particular time.

They clearly waited to attack until she was deep into her run based on where her body was found matching the location of the high weeds. Apart from DNA they have nothing? seems he thought this out, IMO criminals are sloppy on the first go if its unplanned in the heat of the moment. They almost never think of everything to cover their tracks. I think he would have messed up somewhere. He clearly must have been level headed, no one noticed anyone exiting anywhere which mean he got away calm enough to not draw attention to himself. This person clearly knows the area well.

On another note as it relates to the 2nd interview for Chris Hansen with the friend you posted, did you notice it said she texted at 5:36pm right before she was seen on video. Does this mean that was the last time Karina responded and she was not exting when he rolled up on her?
If so that would mean she was still running when he came up behind her.

I think about her running and how desolate that area looks on the video and commend her for her bravery because it takes a fearless woman to run that path, she clearly lived her life the way we all should be able to and want to. RIP Karina I always says God sees and knows all, justice will be served, one way or another.

Amazing graphics and information sleuthers. Thank you to all and newcomers too, welcome. I've been looking at that dark patch for hours, and I'm kinda convinced now there is somebody lurking there. As was noted upthread, whomever it was, best I can make out has a bent elbow and has a device in his hand. He may have been hard for Karina to see. He may have had the device in a way where she was deciding whether it was aimed at her or not as she ran. Best I can make out, the figure's arm follows in the direction of Karina with the device as she stops looking in that direction, most of all. Will try to post the best versions of the figure I can edit to the point it's more clear to see. Sorry for way out there quality of this. From here CWD

KV om 5 nnn.png

Off Topic

That's chilling news about Maurice Jones, 44, found burned in the trunk of his car. Thank you for the update madamx. May he rest in peace. :rose:

Amazing graphics and information sleuthers. Thank you to all and newcomers too, welcome. I've been looking at that dark patch for hours, and I'm kinda convinced now there is somebody lurking there. As was noted upthread, whomever it was, best I can make out has a bent elbow and has a device in his hand. He may have been hard for Karina to see. He may have had the device in a way where she was deciding whether it was aimed at her or not as she ran. Best I can make out, the figure's arm follows in the direction of Karina with the device as she stops looking in that direction, most of all. Will try to post the best versions of the figure I can edit to the point it's more clear to see. Sorry for way out there quality of this.

View attachment 101327

That's chilling news about Maurice Jones, 44, found burned in the trunk of his car. Thank you for the update madamx. May he rest in peace. :rose:

I posted above that I have a hard time seeing images like this....but I DO see this one now.

I'm not completely convinced it is a person and not an illusion in the grass....but what a creepy picture!!

Thanks (I think!). ;)

I posted above that I have a hard time seeing images like this....but I DO see this one now.

I'm not completely convinced it is a person and not an illusion in the grass....but what a creepy picture!!

Thanks (I think!). ;)

I know what you mean. Here's the same image with the grass. Working on more... From here CWD

KV 5 nnn grass.png

KV 6 m.png KV  OM 4 iiix.png if you look at the brightest spot in these two, from a different moment with his body twisted more toward up the block, that seems like the device he's holding throughout. Would that make him left or right handed? I have the impressing his elbow is bent and his arm in front of his chest. In these it looks like he has some hat on, more like a baseball cap that has a shaded area which corresponds to the angle of the sun of other shaded objects, mebbe. There seems to be something solid, not natural around his thigh area and then just behind him about the same height. I'm not sure still if that may be something like a sign in the foreground, or some part of a bike, mebbe.

Not sure if this was posted earlier.

Here is part 2 from today on Crime Watch Daily. Karina's best friends are interviewed.

"Exclusive: CWD interview with NYC jogger Karina Vetrano's best friends"

http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/09/...with-nyc-jogger-karina-vetranos-best-friends/
rsbm

Thank you, Lauranyc. Karina's friends, the "triple threat", two such smart, brave and beautiful young women facing such a huge loss for them. Very encouraging to hear what they had to say.

Amazing graphics and information sleuthers. Thank you to all and newcomers too, welcome. I've been looking at that dark patch for hours, and I'm kinda convinced now there is somebody lurking there. As was noted upthread, whomever it was, best I can make out has a bent elbow and has a device in his hand. He may have been hard for Karina to see. He may have had the device in a way where she was deciding whether it was aimed at her or not as she ran. Best I can make out, the figure's arm follows in the direction of Karina with the device as she stops looking in that direction, most of all. Will try to post the best versions of the figure I can edit to the point it's more clear to see. Sorry for way out there quality of this. From here CWD

attachment.php

Off Topic

Thanks for also seeing what I thought I originally saw.. And a Million Thx for taking the time to try and filter it out.. You Rock..

Thanks for also seeing what I thought I originally saw.. And a Million Thx for taking the time to try and filter it out.. You Rock..

Coming from you, Bklyngrl007, that means a lot. Thank you. He seems to be using the tree for some cover, but is he straddling a bike or not, or standing by one, or am I seeing things?

Coming from you, Bklyngrl007, that means a lot. Thank you. He seems to be using the tree for some cover, but is he straddling a bike or not, or standing by one, or am I seeing things?

1st gut thought on a bike.. More and more Im starting to think there may have been 2 people working 2gether.. Not sure why just a feeling I keep getting..

thank you and you are very welcome

You too are very welcome. What do you make of these? Also seen here:

[video=youtube;jtKvoTZgUME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtKvoTZgUME[/video]

KV om 7 c.png

KV om 7 3cff.jpg here it looks like he may have his arm out, extended with the shiny thing in his hand. Then see the equally shiny thing about waist high for him? Are those handles of some kind?

1st gut thought on a bike.. More and more Im starting to think there may have been 2 people working 2gether.. Not sure why just a feeling I keep getting..

A bike or a partner would provide some of the ingredients needed to flesh out the theory that Karina's killer was in the bushes just south of 165th Ave when she started her jog. He would either have needed transport to travel the 0.9 miles he needed to get in position to make his attack. Or he would have needed to alert a partner that Karina was on her way on her usual route. (I'm not really sure about the "usual route" stuff. She apparently jogged regularly with her father (according to the CWD video), but I'm only assuming that they had a regular route.)

A bike or a partner would provide some of the ingredients needed to flesh out the theory that Karina's killer was in the bushes just south of 165th Ave when she started her jog. He would either have needed transport to travel the 0.9 miles he needed to get in position to make his attack. Or he would have needed to alert a partner that Karina was on her way on her usual route. (I'm not really sure about the "usual route" stuff. She apparently jogged regularly with her father (according to the CWD video), but I'm only assuming that they had a regular route.)

Thank you too, Forager, for the map. Who knows, really? LE may be able to make sense of it with better tech if it's worth a look. Just the way what I perceive as this guy, lurking by a tree looking in Karina's direction and seeming to move his arms with that shiny object in coordination with her movements, is hinky enough.

KV om 7 3cx.jpg Does that look like a laptop or something rectangular and bluish reflection, propped up on a bike? Way out there, I think.

View attachment 101327

If I squint just right, I see the guy too, but then again, I've seen people in clouds. What makes me think that you and Brlyngrl007 might be on to something, however, is the amount of movement in that area. It may just be the fluttering of branches in the breeze, but if so, there's more fluttering going on there than in the rest of the overgrown area. Is the height right for a person though? I'm having a hard time figuring the angles, but think that our shadow guy might be too tall to be real.

I haven't commented on this in a few days. I have been trying to keep up. I see all the zoomed images but that's zooming in on the guy in the white shirt who appears to be looking at Karina and moving around, correct?

If I squint just right, I see the guy too, but then again, I've seen people in clouds. What makes me think that you and Brlyngrl007 might be on to something, however, is the amount of movement in that area. It may just be the fluttering of branches in the breeze, but if so, there's more fluttering going on there than in the rest of the overgrown area. Is the height right for a person though? I'm having a hard time figuring the angles, but think that our shadow guy might be too tall to be real.

I know what you mean, and I'm going a little blind trying to figure it out. Now, this is seriously way out there, but if that is a guy on a bike with a computer, could he possibly be monitoring his own image from that security camera, thinking he couldn't be seen, if he's also a hacker? In the clouds as it were...

I haven't commented on this in a few days. I have been trying to keep up. I see all the zoomed images but that's zooming in on the guy in the white shirt who appears to be looking at Karina and moving around, correct?

It could be, but it took me a long time, and looking at so many different versions of his movement, especially focusing on his shoulders and waist, to believe it actually was just that, so I don't really know. Trying to focus on the face now. Here are some side by side samples of what's to see:

KV om sample.jpg

KV om sample 2.jpg

I just watched the video with varying brightness and with a 7x photographic loop. I don't mean to be a downer but it seems to be the movement of that small tree/bush and light at the leaves swaying in the wind ...when I was "wanting" to see something I saw a guy turning a bike around and moving to the right of the screen. I don't believe that is the case :(I think her head movements are just good traffic safety/general awareness.

OT: I agree: a woman should be able to run naked anywhere and be safe...even from catcalls.

I know what you mean, and I'm going a little blind trying to figure it out. Now, this is seriously way out there, but if that is a guy on a bike with a computer, could he possibly be monitoring his own image from that security camera, thinking he couldn't be seen, if he's also a hacker? In the clouds as it were...

It could be, but it took me a long time, and looking at so many different versions of his movement, especially focusing on his shoulders and waist, to believe it actually was just that, so I don't really know. Trying to focus on the face now. Here are some side by side samples of what's to see:

View attachment 101337

View attachment 101338

In this top row of pictures I see two figures, one looks like it is wearing a helmet and one has a hood (maybe over a balaclava?). Anyone else? I couldn't make either of these out in the video, only in your post.

In this top row of pictures I see two figures, one looks like it is wearing a helmet and one has a hood (maybe over a balaclava?). Anyone else? I couldn't make either of these out in the video, only in your post.

I see what you mean, but a second figure didn't stand out to me as feasible as the reflections moved, so I stayed focused on this whatever it is or not, so far. But in the very beginning of that section of footage, you're right, there seems to be more going on next to the possible figure by the tree trunk.

I just watched the video with varying brightness and with a 7x photographic loop. I don't mean to be a downer but it seems to be the movement of that small tree/bush and light at the leaves swaying in the wind ...when I was "wanting" to see something I saw a guy turning a bike around and moving to the right of the screen. I don't believe that is the case :(I think her head movements are just good traffic safety/general awareness.
rsbm for focus

I don't know what a 7x photographic loop is? Thank you for the feedback, it helps to know what to look for better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member