TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for being a newb to the case, I've lurked from time to time and asking a question I'm sure that has been answered...but the house fire that killed Becky Sue-was it accidental, criminal, who all died? I think I saw a gravestone with 3 turner sisters, did they all die? Becky Sue's connection is pivotal I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's a lot to catch up on but you really should start from the beginning or at least google for a quick story on what happened.

3 out of 4 of the Turner children died in the fire, they were all buried together.

It was not criminal.

An anonymous post yeserday on FindAGrave

You could never find a day of peace while always looking over your shoulder. Soon the world will know who you really were and hopefully your poor husband and daughter can find the peace you lacked. You chose to off yourself in the in-laws driveway which was the true act of a coward. Praying that God has accepted you into the heavens and that in death you found the peace that alluded you in life.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=113578500

Coward? Harsh.

Coward? Harsh.

That is harsh, but a lot of people truly do feel that about those who commit suicide. The thing is, what's the point of posting that there, where her daughter could very well go in remembrance of her mommy?
It's not like Lori is reading that and feeling remorse because of that comment.
SMH.

Akora said that lori has been identified for a while and both families and le are aware of her true identity. However, on lori's wiki page two rule outs have been made this year, one in may and one in August. One of the rule outs was made using fingerprint analysis. I don't know how long this would take but i doubt they would still be checking if they knew who she was, unless the possibilities were all submitted at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
:yeahthat:

All I saw of the emails was just some text in line with the rest of their post. Easily manipulated. The thing that struck me is that she said that she didn't know how Velling did the DNA, she "guessed it was with government labs". Velling has been very transparent in his use of the Ancestry site for the DNA, among others. I've only been following this case a few months, and I learned that right off. Where you are gullible, I'm skeptical and question everything.

For me, it goes back to what kind of "investigator" is going to be spouting on social media and forums without authorization and verification? And why would a seasoned federal law enforcement officer such as Velling need some random assistant? Any counterpart that he had/has either came from the SSA or from one of the supporting LE agencies. Someone took over the case from Velling when he retired. I saw that today.

That person posting isn't a cop. I guarantee it. They may be some armchair, diploma mill PI at best. I'm not saying that they're lying about everything or totally misrepresenting themselves, but they are not Joe Velling's "investigator", and I'm not going to entertain reading anymore of their posts because it's not worth anything of value. *shrug* My opinion.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Just trying to catch up. I stand by what I said last night. I agree she's another one of us. I don't think Akoya ID'd Lori. I don't think she's been ID'd since last year. When my partner turned Helen Green in to Velling, we tried to decide how to do it. The SSA wouldn't pay for the Ancestry testing, we had Helen in NamUs without a sample so we decided on that. My partner is down due to bad health otherwise I'd have her call Velling.

With one of my Jane Doe cases, the DNA was sent to UNT I think the 9th of March, it came back over night yesterday morning, which is probably what Lori's sample did too if it went thru UNT. They would have had to list Spring/Summers exGF in NamUs to use the free DNA kits.

Velling has no control over what UNT does when it makes an official match. They pull the UP profile, they did the same with Cali. That's why I feel pretty confident that it's most likely Spring/Summer that made the match.

Akoya just wrote : 'I want an explanation from Michael Nance for this accusation.'

... about the email where he mentioned the Seattle Times article. How was that in any way an 'accusation'?!

What the flock?

Once I Looked at the site the photo came from I noticed 2 things:
1- there are a couple other people listed as "unknown" in various pictures.
3- there is a woman named Lori Kennedy in at least one pic- the 2006.

Has the Wiki page been updated overnight??? I don't see the picture nor do I see a woman named Lori Kennedy in a pic from 2006.

If that is the case and FLEK is from this family~~~Wanting to Help~~~Kudos to you! Great work sleuth.

I'm pretty sure I know who this Akoya is, as soon as people starting posting about her on Facebook a woman who's name I won't say started posting that she didn't believe the car had been solved and was pretty defensive. She's not a researcher, she's an armchair detective like the rest of us. She just wants attention.

If it's who I think your thinking it is then they have a few accounts on here so will no doubt read the comments. That will never stop them though. I am surprised though that they haven't mentioned being paid for it or asking to be paid for it lol. :scared:

Just trying to catch up. I stand by what I said last night. I agree she's another one of us. I don't think Akoya ID'd Lori. I don't think she's been ID'd since last year. When my partner turned Helen Green in to Velling, we tried to decide how to do it. The SSA wouldn't pay for the Ancestry testing, we had Helen in NamUs without a sample so we decided on that. My partner is down otherwise I'd have her call Velling.

With one of my Jane Doe cases, the DNA was sent to UNT I think the 9th of March, it came back over night yesterday morning, which is probably what Lori's sample did too if it went thru UNT. They would have had to list Spring/Summers exGF in NamUs to use the free DNA kits.

Velling has no control over what UNT does when it makes an official match. They pull the UP profile, they did the same with Cali. That's why I feel pretty confident that it's most likely Spring/Summer that made the match.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! What is UNT?

Considering velling stated they were close at the end of March (aka about 5-6 months ago) I highly doubt this was solved over a year ago, and I very highly doubt the CW poster was the one who solved it.

Just trying to catch up. I stand by what I said last night. I agree she's another one of us. I don't think Akoya ID'd Lori. I don't think she's been ID'd since last year. When my partner turned Helen Green in to Velling, we tried to decide how to do it. The SSA wouldn't pay for the Ancestry testing, we had Helen in NamUs without a sample so we decided on that. My partner is down due to bad health otherwise I'd have her call Velling.

the way you explain this helps me to understand a lot of what probably happened. thank you for clearing this up. :)

Eventually, all of the information in this case may possibly be released to the public. I have no way of knowing if that will happen. At a later date, it will be almost impossible for me to establish that I had no newspaper or media contacts. In the future, it will be almost impossible for me to establish that I didn’t violate confidentiality or release sensitive information. This is why I came forward. It has been necessary for me to respond to the statements from Michael Nance and make certain that my name is clear.

Um. But how would anyone even know your name? You're an anonymous armchair detective like the rest of us. And quite frankly, if you were so worried about "violating confidentiality," you wouldn't have typed anything on a public forum, and instead gone to Joe himself and said "hey, so Nance says ST is working with the inv.. it's not me."

I have no intention of releasing information about Lori Ruff or anyone connected to her tragic story. I don’t really care if other posters believe that I worked on this case. Feel free to follow roselvr and a few others who claim to know Lori’s identity and are taking great delight in attacking me on another website. Obviously, they don’t know Lori’s identity, but I don’t care. I only want the world to know that I didn’t speak to a reporter at the Seattle Times. I didn’t violate a confidentiality or release sensitive information.

Clearly you do care, otherwise you wouldn't be responding the accusations. And quite frankly, "investigator" means anything or anyone. You're not the only person in the world with the title of "investigator," which, in your case is self-imposed I'm sure. Literally no one even knew you existed so I'm not sure why you're jonesing to "let the world know you didn't violate confidentiality" (though releasing a special agents' cellphone number on the internet seems pretty violating IMO......). Maybe you should take it up with the real investigators you've supposedly been working with.

I was hoping it would all be revealed by this morning. Namus was updating the profile for FLEK as late as end of august. So I do not think this was solved before Velling retired. He retired 8/2015 and was doing interviews i have found about it as late as 5/2015...maybe more. People online have said they were in contact with him since his retirement. So I do not think the poster on the other forum knows anything. This poster did not know what data bases Velling used, but he told us in a QA in 2013 that is online. If this poster is a "researcher" working directly with or for Velling, then they would be a government employee. I hardly think so. I looked at the alleged email exchange, and even if it is what is purports to be, it never says,. Great job we nailed it, now keep it a secret just between us. Who knows what it is. Hopefully it will all be resolved today.

It sounds like Roselvr knows exactly who it is so probably not a member of the Ruff family.

I think I know who she is, not 100% but her posts sound like the person I know. I have a hand full of friends that also think it's that person.
I think I also read a neighbor of Lori has tried to figure the case out, it's possible that's who Akoya is.

I was hoping it would all be revealed by this morning. Namus was updating the profile for FLEK as late as end of august. So I do not think this was solved before Velling retired. He retired 8/2015 and was doing interviews i have found about it as late as 5/2015...maybe more. People online have said they were in contact with him since his retirement. So I do not think the poster on the other forum knows anything. This poster did not know what data bases Velling used, but he told us in a QA in 2013 that is online. If this poster is a "researcher" working directly with or for Velling, then they would be a government employee. I hardly think so. I looked at the alleged email exchange, and even if it is what is purports to be, it never says,. Great job we nailed it, now keep it a secret just between us. Who knows what it is. Hopefully it will all be resolved today.

Exactly, no date and it says we should know in a month, but a year ago

I know it's a lot to catch up on but you really should start from the beginning or at least google for a quick story on what happened.

3 out of 4 of the Turner children died in the fire, they were all buried together.

It was not criminal.

Thank you, I wasn't sure how much info I would find with the time gap. I did a quick search and found the grave stone but I'll do a deeper search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like she thought she was the investigator mentioned in the email - but I don't think that Michael was referring to her. Maybe Velling or another case manager?

This akoya person says they had to speak up because someone would not be able to tell in the future if they had contact with the news paper. Isn't that a good thing lol. ESP if it wasn't akoya that contacted the paper? I would have just stayed quiet :/ I read there were many people helping velling. Think akoya is safe ;)

It seems like she thought she was the investigator mentioned in the email - but I don't think that Michael was referring to her. Maybe Velling or another case manager?

When I read the email from Michael Nance I also assumed he was referring to law enforcement when he said "investigator."

Jane Does can only be added to NamUs by the law enforcement agency that holds jurisdiction. I had assumed the removal process was the same way.

This is getting really dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member