Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point about the Annie Oakley jacket. Yes, they were often called that.

http://annieoakleyfestival.org/events.htm

It's in Greenville Ohio. About 20-25 miles. Greenville is on State route 36.

I wonder how long this has been going on. Wonder if in the 1980's there was a Wild West/Buffalo Bill theme restaurant of bar nearby or in the state. Maybe a waitress? Or an event worker. Someone who cut all ties with family, but was making a life somewhere. I don't think she was a drifter as she took good care of herself...

If you can determine the weapon that had caused the trauma to her head, it might give you a direction to head with regard to your investigation, i.e., if the object had been a geologist's rock hammer, that could tell you a lot. Or if it were a garden tool, or a farm implement, or a tool commonly used to work on motorcycles, etc... So, potentially, it could tell you a lot!

You're right, in most cases blunt force trauma by itself says nothing about the instrument or the cause. I don't think we even know whether the trauma is assiciated with the visible injury to her forehead. For all we can see from the photos, the back of her head could be where she was struck.

I agree, it would be i teresting to know, but probably wouldn't help us identify her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can determine the weapon that had caused the trauma to her head, it might give you a direction to head with regard to your investigation, i.e., if the object had been a geologist's rock hammer, that could tell you a lot. Or if it were a garden tool, or a farm implement, or a tool commonly used to work on motorcycles, etc... So, potentially, it could tell you a lot!
My guesses are: tire iron, jack lever bar (not sure what they're called) or a hooked crow bar.

I wanted to throw out that horrible places like this existed back in the 70's and 80's. If someone escaped this I doubt it would be reported. Man the things people do to kids.
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2011/08/teen-home-hell-abusive-religious-reform-school

I know. Very horrible places. People were institutionalised for mental health and just being from the wrong side of the tracks. And since her clothes might have been "dated" in a way, it is possible she was discharged after she aged out...so many questions.

I wanted to throw out that horrible places like this existed back in the 70's and 80's. If someone escaped this I doubt it would be reported. Man the things people do to kids.
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2011/08/teen-home-hell-abusive-religious-reform-school

Put a chill through my soul!
The article and pics made me wonder if unidentified Beth Doe might have stayed at that place.imo
Posted your post on Beth's thread, thanks for link.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/editpost.php?p=12828299&do=editpost
[h=2]PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76[/h]

Wow. I had no idea these sorts of places existed.

I've just posted in the Racine County Jane Doe thread my thoughts around RCJD having been killed in an exorcism or similar religious/disciplinary violence, but this context sounds much more realistic for her.

I immediately thought of Walker County Jane Doe when I read about these schools a while back. Definitely a possibility for BG, too.

Put a chill through my soul!
The article and pics made me wonder if unidentified Beth Doe might have stayed at that place.imo
Posted your post on Beth's thread, thanks for link.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/editpost.php?p=12828299&do=editpost
[h=2]PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76[/h]

Your link is bad.
PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76

I posted in the Allenstown NH thread about Cynthia Louise Putnam, last seen in 1974 at the Weeks School in Vergennes, VT. From what I hear it was a school for bad kids, they also were treated really badly, some say tortured. Cynthia's family has been trying to find her, they don't know if she's alive or not. She was being considered for the Allenstown adult female; the bloggers for the case ended up finding someone with her name had passed away in NC in 1974. Her family is not sure if it's her or not. I'll be surprised if it's not.

Mystery in Allenstown, NH - Cynthia Louise Putnam

Wow. I had no idea these sorts of places existed.

I've just posted in the Racine County Jane Doe thread my thoughts around RCJD having been killed in an exorcism or similar religious/disciplinary violence, but this context sounds much more realistic for her.
Yes ma'am they did and still do to a degree. They are the source of a lot of pain for many, including myself, who have been sent to such places. Some kids never get out, some do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I feel like I've been gone from this thread so long! (Well, post-wise. I've been lurking daily.) I have NOT forgotten about this sweet angel! :rose: She is on my mind everyday. I've just felt like I had nothing much to contribute to this thread as of late.

RIP Buckskin Girl! Justice will come! :rose:

Very Australian-like in appearance too. Maybe just the photo though.

Yes ma'am they did and still do to a degree.

Thank you for that information. I was wondering whether these places were still operating in the late 1990s so the answer is yes. It's therefore possible that either BG or RCJD could have been incarcerated at one. I'm guessing that as they fell out of favour and the numbers of facilities dwindled, teenagers might be sent a couple of states away to the nearest "suitable" one - well away from friends and a wider support network. So if a child did die due to ill-treatment, the administrators could simply dispose of the body and tell the family the child had run away. The parents might even be relieved to be shot of a wayward teenager and not report him or her missing.

They are the source of a lot of pain for many, including myself, who have been sent to such places.

I'm sorry to hear you suffered in one of them. It is really difficult for me, as a Brit, to imagine that they existed legally and openly.

Some kids never get out, some do.

How could kids never get out? Surely once they turn 18 or whatever the age of majority is, they are adults and can walk out of the gate. Or are you suggesting that either adults are held against their will in these facilities or some inmates die there one way or another as teens?

They strike me as the equivalent of the Victorian private lunatic asylums where unwanted wives, mothers and daughters could be dumped indefinitely when they became inconvenient.

I immediately thought of Walker County Jane Doe when I read about these schools a while back. Definitely a possibility for BG, too.

Given the opportunity for sexual abuse of girls in these places, it was Beth Doe and her unborn baby that came to mind.

Scenario: one or more administrators rape some of the inmates. Some girls get pregnant. Potential embarrassment for the management so pregnant girls are murdered to remove the witness ("She ran away, Mrs Brown. Satan made her do it. We tried our best.") and she is dumped a couple of states away alongside the interstate.

Sexual abuse can be denied until there is a pregnancy to prove it.

Are there any books about these facilities? If not, it seems like a damned good PhD research project for someone.

A postmortem photo of her was even posted on some newspaper. Saw a newspaper clipping on Google Images. Common hunch, but probably hitchhiking across the place. And she does kinda look Australian too -- in photo's.

Thank you for that information. I was wondering whether these places were still operating in the late 1990s so the answer is yes. It's therefore possible that either BG or RCJD could have been incarcerated at one. I'm guessing that as they fell out of favour and the numbers of facilities dwindled, teenagers might be sent a couple of states away to the nearest "suitable" one - well away from friends and a wider support network. So if a child did die due to ill-treatment, the administrators could simply dispose of the body and tell the family the child had run away. The parents might even be relieved to be shot of a wayward teenager and not report him or her missing.

I'm sorry to hear you suffered in one of them. It is really difficult for me, as a Brit, to imagine that they existed legally and openly.

How could kids never get out? Surely once they turn 18 or whatever the age of majority is, they are adults and can walk out of the gate. Or are you suggesting that either adults are held against their will in these facilities or some inmates die there one way or another as teens?

They strike me as the equivalent of the Victorian private lunatic asylums where unwanted wives, mothers and daughters could be dumped indefinitely when they became inconvenient.

Yes for sure they were still around in the 90's. A lot of these places are ran by so called churches, who justify what they do and put on a good front for federal and state fundings. Some of these programs are ran by the state. There are very seedy things that happen in the USA that are hidden very well. People are starting to speak out more about them, especially now that we are in a digital age and people can say what they want and hide behind a moniker instead of trying to speak of it and have momma pinch you and quiet you from speaking.

When I mention some never get out, some are so brain washed and follow along so well they are recruited to stay on as staff. And while I cannot PROVE anything, I have long suspected that some are disposed of after dealings that left the youth no longer living. There are horrible things that go on in those places.

Yes for sure they were still around in the 90's. A lot of these places are ran by so called churches, who justify what they do and put on a good front for federal and state fundings. Some of these programs are ran by the state. There are very seedy things that happen in the USA that are hidden very well. People are starting to speak out more about them, especially now that we are in a digital age and people can say what they want and hide behind a moniker instead of trying to speak of it and have momma pinch you and quiet you from speaking.

When I mention some never get out, some are so brain washed and follow along so well they are recruited to stay on as staff. And while I cannot PROVE anything, I have long suspected that some are disposed of after dealings that left the youth no longer living. There are horrible things that go on in those places.

People are speaking out because they need to put it in writing the type of place it really was. They also look for friends that were there. There are a few threads at city-data

In new MP reports (since I'd bet money that she isn't a publicly listed MP), I'm gonna pay extra attention to this:

"Originally from..." or "resided in..." Buckskin Girl had spent a third of her final year in the TX/OK area, and the remaining eight months in the Northeast. The isotopes said she'd spent approximately 2 months per visit in TX/OK, making 2 visits that year. Also, the pollen said that she'd been in the TX/OK area right before she died.

I have a new theory.

I know it's been brought up as a theory that she may have had a boyfriend/husband who was a trucker, and she went along with him on his trips. But I don't think she'd stay for 2 months there, twice, unless she had a specific reason to go. I feel she was visiting family in TX/OK with her boyfriend/husband. What I'd guess is her SO was abusive (possibly the reasons behind her scars), and on one visit to see her family, she was planning to leave him to stay with her family in TX/OK. He got into a fight with her, they reconciled, and went back on the road together to go back to the Northeast. I'm guessing at that point, a fight broke out, and in a fit of rage, he killed her (not premeditated). At this point, I'd guess he wasn't that close to Troy, maybe on the other side of Ohio or somewhere off in Indiana. It seems as though she'd been dead a day before her body was abandoned, since nobody came across it before and they probably would've, but the post-mortem interval was 2 days. So my guess is, he realizes she's dead, sticks her body in the trunk of his car, and drives in rural Ohio to dump her body.

So I could personally see something like "Samantha disappeared from Tulsa, Oklahoma. She was originally from Owasso, Oklahoma, but resided in Newark, New Jersey at the time of her disappearance."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay