Found Deceased UK - Joshua Smith, 27, Aston, Stone, 25 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
15652879-large.jpg

The 27-year-old, known as Josh to his family and friends, was last seen on CCTV at the crossroads of Lichfield Road and Uttoxeter Road, Stone, at 8:35am on Tuesday 25 October.

Josh, who is from the Aston area of Stone, is described as white, of thin build, 5ft 10ins tall with blue eyes. He has light-coloured hair which is longer on top, a bushy beard and wears glasses. He was last seen wearing a black three-quarter length coat, black work boots and a mustard backpack.

"There is some suggestion Josh has taken a harmful substance and if found we ask that emergency medical attention is sought for him via 999. Due to the potential risk of substance transfer we ask that as a precaution no direct physical contact is made with Josh.
Read more at http://www.leek-news.co.uk/efforts-...9855024-detail/story.html#L1tLx3ph4heGVKcT.99

Substance transfer of a harmful chemicals? Sounds like he stumbled into some top secret lab and got contaminated. What type of harmful substances can one take/ingest, that others could catch?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Substance transfer of a harmful chemicals? Sounds like he stumbled into some top secret lab and got contaminated. What type of harmful substances can one take/ingest, that others could catch?

Anthrax? That's all I can think of...

Radioactive isotopes?

In the US, LE and first responders are having a real problem with Fentanyl and other synthetic super drugs that are used when cutting heroin. Fentanyl is very potent and can be absorbed through the skin causing overdoses in first responders, medical staff and LE:
https://www.dea.gov/divisions/hq/2016/hq061016.shtml

There's no information about what work Joshua does, if any, (though I'm not sure if that's relevant) nor how he might have come into contact with the substance causing concern.

However, I notice from the map that the place he was last seen was about a quarter of a mile from the River Trent and the Trent and Mersey Canal. The A34, A51 and the M6 are also nearby so he could be almost anywhere after a week.

The area is mostly fields, with a few patches of woodland within a mile or so. It doesn't sound as though there's been a serious or systematic search for him.

I see there's an Esso petrol station very close to the junction where he was last seen, so he might have been able to hitch a lift from someone refuelling there.

15652016-large.jpg

Joshua has been missing since Tuesday morning – with the last confirmed CCTV footage of him showing him near the Three Crowns pub in Stone at around 8.30am that morning.
Discussing plans for today's search Joshua's sister, Hannah Buckley, said: "We know that a huge amount of the immediate area has been searched, but as a family don't feel Josh has gone too far.

"Searches are ongoing around Darlaston , Swynnerton and Keele too but we will be staying in the surrounding area to search with a new perspective.

Hannah posted a map, below, online and said: "We would really like to direct people to the areas (particularly the green/wooded areas) on the below map (focusing on below the blue marker as much as possible)."
Hannah%20Buckley%20Map%20October%2030.jpg

Read more at http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/fami...9853396-detail/story.html#hmxddWEDPQPvLeLd.99

Is Nembutal the euthanasia drug he purchased? Here in the US it's used for epilepsy and narcolepsy and as far as I know doesn't transfer? I'm only asking because it's a drug they found under his bed but they didn't name the Euthanasia drugs.

Edited to add: I answered my own question with a brief Google search. Rapid release , large dose Phenobarbital( Nembutal) is indeed a euthanasia method.[emoji20]

Nembutal is promoted by a few 'right to die' advocate groups as a painless, quick way to go and it seems available for this purpose in Switzerland. Mexico also sells it OTC in vetinary supply stores as a euthanasia drug for animals. I had no idea that it would be available over the Internet or by mail order. Maybe some third party company promoting the right to choose is based in Switzerland and connecting would-be suiciders with a Nembutal dose?

OT note: this drug is also the one that has been used in leathal injection capital puniment cases in the US. There was controversy recently as the manufacturer would no longer supply the drug to be used in this fashion. The corrections department has been scouting for other/different sources for death row cases.

Official FB page set up by family for MP Joshua Smith:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/366930070308361/
Latest post details search efforts and areas covered:
It's now been a week and a half since Josh left us. Each passing day produces more questions than answers.
Focus for this weekend:
The police will be conducting a finger tip search of the area between the canal and the river, focussing on the south.
CCTV reviewed so far has not ruled out any routes, however there have been no confirmed sightings of Josh since Tuesday at 08:38 in Copeland Drive, heading towards the canal.
Public searches tomorrow:
The cycle path between A34 Stone to Stafford, focussing on fields and woodland along Enson Lane and Marston Lane.
Canal from Aston Marina north, up to and including Barlaston Downs.
Maer hills.
Timeline of events:
25/10/2016 - Josh crossed the railway crossing at 08:34, straight over the crossroads down Copeland drive towards the canal at 08:38 (both confirmed by CCTV).
Josh made his sandwiches for work the night before but did not take them with him. He was due in for work at 08:30 and was generally the first to arrive. He was not seen at the crossings until 08:34. Josh's phone has been switched off since 08:03 and is untraceable. His bank account has not been accessed. Josh purchased a euthanasia drug online, this was delivered on Monday 24.10.2016. His internet history confirms purchase of the drug and his mindset, which we determine to be suicidal. Josh did not call in sick to work on Tuesday morning. He was last seen at 07:50 having breakfast with mum.
Approx 5.30pm Andy discovered Josh had not been at work on the Tuesday. Police called approx 6pm. Nembutal discovered under bed (remains of, rest with Josh - more than fatal dose).
Police searched Aston, Orange Hayes, Aston Lodge, Canal area. Family searched same areas.
26-28/10/2016:
Family and police searched Orange Hayes, Moddershall, Canal area.
29/10/2016:
2 sightings along A51 towards Darlaston. 1 sighting specifies epaulettes on coat. Over next 2 days, Clyffords wood, Swynnerton old wood, tittensor chase, Trentham, Bury Bank.
30/10/2016 - present search areas:
Moddershall
Meir
Dimmingsdale
Alton
Roaches / Luds Chuch
Doxy Marshes
3km south of canal from Aston Marina
Sandon wood
Trentham estate
Orange Hayes
Salt caves
Swynnerton old park
Hem Heath woods
Clifford's wood
Beech caves
Meaford
Isabella trail
Enson Lane
Shugborough
Cannock chase
Ingestre
Pingle Lane
The Coppice
Gt Haywood Marina
Spring pool woods
Pirehill Lane
Barlaston Downs
Cold Meece
Park Hall Hills
CCTV checked:
Stone station
Stafford station
Wayfarer
Dog & doublet
MG Sanders
Fillybrooks Garage
Aston Marina
Granville Square
Meaford Nursery
Plume of Feathers Barlaston
Three Crowns
Watsons scrap metal
The star inn, Stone
All search locations are worth checking again, as everyone searches in different ways.

Well, the writing was on the wall...but still, a sad end to a young life.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/body...-smith-found/story-29917958-detail/story.html

Rest in Peace Joshua.

Quote from that link:
But after weeks of searching from Staffordshire Police, Joshua's family and friends and concerned members of the public, his body was discovered this morning on a towpath at the side of the Trent and Mersey Canal near Meaford.
Read more at http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/body...9917958-detail/story.html#G555gFbLFvBjmtry.99

RIP Joshua. :rose:

Rest In peace Joshua.

I applaud the bravery of this family in not holding back any details surrounding his disappearance. There can be so much criticism and judging surrounding suicide...it's families like Joshua's who will hopefully break the barriers so other people feel able to ask for help.

RIP Joshua

[FONT=open_sans]Stone man Joshua Smith laid to rest in woodland burial as family launch appeal to help others

Joshua Smith has been laid to rest in a private woodland burial.

His sister Hannah Buckley wrote on the Friends of Joshua Benjamin Smith Facebook page: "On Sunday we buried Josh. We were lucky to have a beautiful sunny day and the site was as perfect as we remembered.

"Special thank you to Clare at Aston Marina, for creating a beautiful natural wreath for us to leave with Josh. The view is incredible and the woodland itself is serene."

A memorial tree will be planted in Joshua's memory at Aston Marina.

Stone town councillor Jill Hood said: "It tells you what type of lad Josh was and what his family are all about. A woodland burial is so beautiful. It's going back to the earth. It was a lovely idea.

"You can't imagine having to bury one of your children and there's so much dignity in a woodland burial. I admire them for that.

"I think the tree is a wonderful idea. It's something that will be there for hundreds of years.

"It will be a place where people who knew Josh will be able to go and pay tribute to him, share and reflect upon their memories.

"With Christmas just around the corner, it just brings it home even more. My thoughts are with his family at this time."

A fund-raising page has also been set up in Joshua's name to help people suffering with mental health issues.

[/FONT]
www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Joshua-Benjamin-Smith[FONT=open_sans]

www.staffordshirenewsletter.co.uk/stone-man-joshua-smith-laid-to-rest-in-woodland-burial-as-family-launch-appeal-to-help-others/story-29960272-detail/story.html#bsUSRi5rvjQCMuRu.99[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back