Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the last person to see Mickey was her best friend B and he was put through a wringer of suspicion until he gave press conferences demanding to be cleared this is what innocent people mostly do.

I agree. Mickey's BF wasn't going to sit back and let LE's lack of caring how he felt or how he was being treated and received by the public lying down. He wanted to grieve his friend. I applaud him for taking control of the situation and forcing their hand

Sheriff Besenko: "We found no additional clues or evidence, only what was left near where they found the cell phone, ear buds, and a few strands of hair. That was the only thing we found to date."

Weird how the sheriff doesn't mention the pink and black fabric thing by evidence marker #3.

Is that an unfortunate, imprecise choice of words or an evasion?

I agree. Mickey's BF wasn't going to sit back and let LE's lack of caring how he felt or how he was being treated and received by the public lying down. He wanted to grieve his friend. I applaud him for taking control of the situation and forcing their hand

I can't pass up giving Charlene and the entire Mickey Shunick community a hand here! They were (and are) amazing.

Sheriff Besenko: "We found no additional clues or evidence, only what was left near where they found the cell phone, ear buds, and a few strands of hair. That was the only thing we found to date."

Weird how the sheriff doesn't mention the pink and black fabric thing by evidence marker #3.

I hope they're testing that hair. They should be able to tell if she was alive or not.

I think probably, he isn't sure enough that the pink thing belongs to her. He likely meant anything they can positively link to Sherri.

I agree. I have 4 children, 3 of which are toddlers/babies, who I stay home with. I don't understand why children would be in a daycare if she doesn't work. It's a very reasonable question to ask!

Maybe the kids have friends who go there and want to spend time with them. Or they made friends there and really like it. Maybe she does volunteer work. Maybe she has regular appointments (medical or whatever) she can't attend with her children. Maybe she's trying to start her own career as an artist, writer, musician, etc. Maybe she's training for a marathon or Ironman. Maybe daycare/preschool is enriching the children's lives and both parents think it's a positive, worthwhile system to continue.

There are lots of possible reasons.

I'm surprised it's so controversial, and how on earth it could possibly imply she wasn't devoted to her children.

Thinking about the phone pings.

Assuming the phone was turned on the pings will have told LE when Sherri left the house, the route she travelled whilst running and an approximate speed she was travellng at.

At some point the phone ended up by the side of the road, pings should also be able to tell LE whether the movement of the phone stopped straght after the period of running - was Sherri grabbed on the street and the phone immediately thrown away. Or, was there a period during which the phone moved at a faster rate before it reached the side of the road indicating that Sherri somehow ended up in a vehicle which transported her to the spot the phone was discarded.

This type of information is going to be vital in directing LE in how they conduct their investigation and which possible scenarios they consider.

There is a case in England at the moment where phone pings have told LE that the persons phone must have travelled in a vehicle due to the speed ot which towers were pinged, unfortunately they don't know if he was with the phone at the time and he's still missing but the same technology could be used here. In fact I'd be very surprised if LE haven't already carried out this exercise

Maybe the kids have friends who go there and want to spend time with them. Or they made friends there and really like it. Maybe she does volunteer work. Maybe she has regular appointments (medical or whatever) she can't attend with her children. Maybe she's trying to start her own career as an artist, writer, musician, etc. Maybe she's training for a marathon or Ironman. Maybe daycare/preschool is enriching the children's lives and both parents think it's a positive, worthwhile system to continue.

I'm surprised it's so controversial, and how on earth it could possibly imply she wasn't devoted to her children.

ITA, imo the children going to daycare isn't going to turn out to have any direct relevance to Sherri's disappearance other than of course that she wouldn't have been out jogging if they'd been at home with her but not a reason for it iyswim

Reminder to those who are still making reference to comments from social media:

Websleuths does not allow discussion of social media posts by people claiming to be associated because anyone can say they are somebody and say anything. The FIL could well be the FIL, but just because someone says they are on the internet, does not make it so.

WS relies on facts contained in MSM or provided by LE. Posts sourced with info from commenters on social media are considered rumor and WS does not engage in rumor. Such posts have been removed. We are all capable of knowing that they exist, but don't continue to discuss them or make reference to them in the thread.

:tyou:

I didn't see a SINGLE POST implying she wasn't devoted to her children because they are in day-care. It is unsual for a sahm to have kids in day-care that young. Period. Unusual, not the norm. There are plenty of reasons why they did this that make sense but we just don't know what the reason is. The only significance to me was what she does during that time. As in, does she volunteer somewhere risky? Book club she travels to in a different part of town etc.

I don't understand why people are up in arms over this decision. Nobody is judging her mothering skills. There is nothing wrong with utilizing daycare, it is simply not the norm and may indicate she works at least part time or does something aside from jogging.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I still have a problem with this statement:
PAPINI: I received a text message from her at 10:37 a.m. that day asking me if I was coming home from lunch. I usually don`t bring my personal phone in

on my job, so I didn`t respond to that message until 1:39 p.m. later that day.

Can't figure out why she would text him knowing this??

I wonder if they have had any handymen or service guys at their home recently?

Thank you for finding that. I wonder if they don't believe it belonged to her. Or at least cannot confirm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about the phone pings.

Assuming the phone was turned on the pings will have told LE when Sherri left the house, the route she travelled whilst running and an approximate speed she was travellng at.

At some point the phone ended up by the side of the road, pings should also be able to tell LE whether the movement of the phone stopped straght after the period of running - was Sherri grabbed on the street and the phone immediately thrown away. Or, was there a period during which the phone moved at a faster rate before it reached the side of the road indicating that Sherri somehow ended up in a vehicle which transported her to the spot the phone was discarded.

This type of information is going to be vital in directing LE in how they conduct their investigation and which possible scenarios they consider.

There is a case in England at the moment where phone pings have told LE that the persons phone must have travelled in a vehicle due to the speed ot which towers were pinged, unfortunately they don't know if he was with the phone at the time and he's still missing but the same technology could be used here. In fact I'd be very surprised if LE haven't already carried out this exercise
Yes. We had an app on our son's phone showing the rate at which he was travelling down the highway and in which direction. He had left a friend's house mad and he was exceeding the speed limit. His phone was off. The app turned it on and I was able to contact him. He answered, I said SLOW DOWN, CLAM DOWN and COME HOME!
We can talk it out if you arrive alive!
He is older now and I don't use that app anymore.
It can also help locate vehicles that have traveled off the road way and crashed.
I think people should consider using them with everyone they love!
Other people claim it invades privacy.
I agree with both thoughts,but my son is a grown man. I don't keep tabs on him anymore.
I pray he and his girlfriend still use the app with each other, but that's none of my business.
MOO

I still have a problem with this statement:
PAPINI: I received a text message from her at 10:37 a.m. that day asking me if I was coming home from lunch. I usually don`t bring my personal phone in

on my job, so I didn`t respond to that message until 1:39 p.m. later that day.

Can't figure out why she would text him knowing this??

I wonder if they have had any handymen or service guys at their home recently?
Maybe he leaves the phone in the car and checks it on breaks and lunch. he also drives to homes and maybe monitors it then. I think i get it. He can't take calls in the store or on job sites. He is not a boss so he follows the rules.

Jashrema, having walked in these horrific shoes, you have a unique perspective. What is your impression of the interviews?

The interviews are precisely why I'm withholding "clearing" the husband in my eyes. When Ce went missing, the sense of urgency is so high octane that you are literally running around in circles. You want to shake and scream at people...FIND HER! WE HAVE TO FIND HER! You want to scream at people..why are you wasting time talking to me? Or her? Or talking amongst yourselves? FIND HER!! The adrenaline is pouring out your ears 24/7. But I will say this...there is NO WAY anyone would have ever said to a news station "I know she is screaming for me" The visual that that phrase conjures up is so shattering that to SAY that would mean that you have given up hope. Family, unless it has been YEARS hardly ever gives up hope. You choose in a millisecond the words you are going to speak and you don't speak in the past tense. It's not a slip of the tongue to do so, you CHOSE to speak in the past tense, you CHOSE to use those words, and you do it unconsciously. Our minds were not accepting that 2, 3, 4, 5, days after someone has gone missing that they were "screaming" for you. To cry or be upset and say that you're worried that they are cold, or hungry, or may be hurt and unable to tell anyone is one thing...but "screaming for you". NEVER. I am NOT sleuthing the husband but according to mods..we are allowed to discuss what they have said in media and what he has said and how he presents himself is all wrong IMO. I hope I am wrong. He also said, "If she was here"...that is past tense.."bring her home" is WAY different then "let her go". If you're so convinced that she has been taken, you don't ask a kidnapper to bring them home..you ask to "let her go." He is just all wrong in my eyes right now. You don't say "this is the worst thing ever," because you KNOW the worst thing ever is them being found murdered. THAT"S the worst thing. You don't say, "I'm trying, I'm trying...you say...WE WILL NEVER STOP UNTIL WE FIND YOU AND WE WILL FIND YOU. I need to stop talking, his whole vocab during this is really angering me. LE is fully aware of how SM is and they monitor it ALL. They really do. They know what is being said and they know that by saying "While no one is cleared, we have no reason to believe Mr. so and so is involved in any way." There are many dark and dangerous thoughts that pass thru your mind when someone you love has been taken but you don't EVER speak them because to speak them , might make them true and that is unacceptable..you know? With Sierah, there was evidence of a struggle, there was blood..you knew she did not leave willingly which increases panic. With Sherri, there is no evidence of struggle, no blood, no nothing that we are aware of at least, so why the immediate jump to "She's been kidnapped." Ask anyone, she has no reason to leave" cockiness..if there is no signs of injury or struggle you HAVE to entertain the possibility that maybe she left on her own. You HAVE too..and while that may be shocking to you or even cause you embarrassment, wouldn't you want to entertain that? Because that would mean she's still alive. And that is the most important thing..that you have hope and can hang on to however thin or implausible the thread is, that they are still alive. This case is making me sick to my stomach. Two little ones mother is gone and they don't know where she is. Her parents feel like they are in a nightmare and they are. Nothing will EVER be the same again until they find her. Idk..something is just wrong here in my opinion only.

I didn't see a SINGLE POST implying she wasn't devoted to her children because they are in day-care. It is unsual for a sahm to have kids in day-care that young. Period. Unusual, not the norm. There are plenty of reasons why they did this that make sense but we just don't know what the reason is. The only significance to me was what she does during that time. As in, does she volunteer somewhere risky? Book club she travels to in a different part of town etc.

I don't understand why people are up in arms over this decision. Nobody is judging her mothering skills. There is nothing wrong with utilizing daycare, it is simply not the norm and may indicate she works at least part time or does something aside from jogging.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From an earlier post in this thread:

I just am struggling to understand why a SAHM (if she was one) would have her kids in daycare and then friends and family would marvel at how devoted she was to her children.

Maybe he leaves the phone in the car and checks it on breaks and lunch. he also drives to homes and maybe monitors it then. I think i get it. He can't take calls in the store or on job sites. He is not a boss so he follows the rules.

Not him, her. Why would she text him? Surely she knows he will not respond. He states I usually don`t bring my personal phone in

on my job. She must know this, so why text him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member