Burlap and Forensics

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LE released the information about the burlap. (Not officially). So they want us to strike that. I think its safe to assume the burlap sold to the trades and burlap used at the nursery comes from the same stock. Heres my point. The burlap found on the victims could have come from near or far.

But is the killer a landscaper? "where the body of Jessica Taylor was found on a pile of discarded wood and sticks"

http://archive.longislandpress.com/2011/05/09/jessica-taylor-identified-as-skull-on-ocean-parkway/

I think there is a good chance JT was dumped with those wood and sticks. It could be a coincidence, but considering all the dump sites, dee believes in a possible Dept of Environmental Conservation connection. We discovered early on that most of the bodies were dumped on State Land. I would bet there is some connection between whoever does work at a lot of these different dump sites over the years, the roads near Waters St, Halsey Manor and Wading River, those exits of the LIE and William Floyd, the Gilgo sites, Hempstead State Park, Lattington, the sump in brentwood. There is something all these sites have in common I think. But what is it? Who would be familiar or have had to do some type of work at all these places?

Go to the Bissett website. Click onto Company. Then click on to Trades. Some of the customers are listed. Click onto NYS link.

Case File 578UFMA
The victim was located in Plainville, Massachusetts on August 8, 2004.
She was found in a shallow grave in a wooded area behind the Plainville Truck Stop. The skull and torso, partially covered in some sort of blanket or burlap.
An autopsy revealed no signs of trauma or conclusion on how she died. What was revealed was she was possibly African-American or of mixed race.
Unidentified Mixed / Black Female
Estimated age: 25 - 35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 4' 9" - 5' 3".
http://doenetwork.org/cases/578ufma.html

I wonder if there is anyway to find out if a victim was left to decompose and then placed in burlap and moved or if the victim was wrapped in burlap and then decomposed. I wonder if our guy stored his victims and moved them later.

Do we know if the GB4 were covered, rolled up or placed on the burlap? Every story says something different.

Dormer used the word wrapped several times in those interviews by the security outfit iirc.

Someone claimed online that Joel Rifkin used Bissett nursery for his Landscaping business. Can anyone confirm this? On theerant forum, a poster claims an employee of the nursery was suspected of being the killer, I assume this means not the owner. Hawk or anyone else, know who this employee might be? The police did raid the nursery after all didn't they?

This is probably completely unrelated but since you mentioned Rifkin, it's interesting that before he had his landscaping biz had done a work-study program at State College of Technology in Farmingdale. And then was offered an internship at the Planting Fields Arboretum in Oyster Bay.

Very far-fetched, but I wonder if there's any chance lisk could have done a program or stint working at either one of these locations... Doubt it but food for thought maybe.

Sent via Tapatalk - Please excuse any mobile-induced typos. Thanks.

"Rifkin started to show a profound interest in horticulture and, with the help of Owen Smith, the president of the Arboretum and the son-in-law of former CIA chief William Casey, started an internship at the Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park in Oyster Bay"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Rifkin

Here's an old link Fred posted years ago: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/prostitution-sting-nets-dep-officer-article-1.345468

"A New York City peace officer was among dozens of men arrested after Westchester County police busted a prostitution ring that trolled for johns on the Internet.

The Department of Environmental Protection cop was charged with promoting prostitution, but it was unclear whether he's accused of being a pimp or a customer.

The civil servant, whose name was not released, was one of 66 people nabbed during the nine-month investigation into ads on Craigslist.com that offered sexual services at local hotels."

This is probably completely unrelated but since you mentioned Rifkin, it's interesting that before he had his landscaping biz had done a work-study program at State College of Technology in Farmingdale. And then was offered an internship at the Planting Fields Arboretum in Oyster Bay.

Very far-fetched, but I wonder if there's any chance lisk could have done a program or stint working at either one of these locations... Doubt it but food for thought maybe.

Sent via Tapatalk - Please excuse any mobile-induced typos. Thanks.

According to an obit posted on another forum, I think Owen smith had a son also named Owen Smith who was friends with rifkin. He was part of a LAPD surveillance task force

Would a bar or restaurant owner have need to have burlap bags around? How is fresh shell fish delivered to a restaurant/bar?

Yes this is what I was thinking on the GBI, Tracks Raw Bar & Lenny's Clam but I don't know for sure

I think the burlap is for transportation purposes not to hide the bodies. It would appear that LISK used various methods over the years...plastic bags, plastic tubs and a suitcase.

Bumping this thread. Some answers regarding the burlap can be found within. ;)

Bessie

These 2 posts are relevant to this:

<modsnip>
Burlap can be purchased in HUGE ROLLS, for business OR personal use, from both Home Depot and Loew's. I can go out and buy 10 giant rolls today, either in person or online, for a pretty fair price. It is not as uncommon as the general public seems to think. I looked into buying a large quantity to wrap my fruit trees, roses, and other plants for the winter. Easy to access. You don't need to be stalking a dumpster near a nursery or work in a profession that handles burlap to have quick access to it.

In 2010 and 2011 when this case first broke, there were varying reports on how the burlap was used in the disposal of these women. Those descriptions included: the women were a) put in burlap sacks, b) wrapped in burlap, and c) covered in burlap &#8211; all different scenarios (see images below). To say &#8220;wrapped carefully in burlap&#8221; is editorializing information and this description may be entirely wrong &#8211; unless this person knows something the general public does not. There may have been nothing careful about the use of burlap &#8211; it may have been unfurled and quickly placed on the victim after disposal to conceal it, as burlap blends in with the surrounding vegetation and makes the body difficult to see from a low-flying plane. Or covering or shrouding the victim may have been an odd form of respect or remorse. Or, each victim may have been dealt with differently. What we do know is burlap must have been available to the LISK with each incident and that he was consistent in using it -- which means a calculated decision. Burlap also made the completion of each disposal more uniform &#8211; and I believe this aspect is very important to him.

Obviously, my opinion is the GB4 are not associated with the other victims.

Balled-and-burlapped trees: http://mitrees.com/image/data/trees/BandB/BBTruck4.JPG
Burlap root or fish sacks: http://xc524.eccart.jp/d634/burgonball/roots img1.JPG

Bumping this thread. Some answers regarding the burlap can be found within. ;)

Bessie

Thanks Bessie for the bump! Man who knew so much could be discussed about burlap. What have I learned from this discussion-I need to remove the 3 large burlap table cloths I have in the back of my car. Recently used in a wedding I planned.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for listening live to the Websleuths Radio on Blogtalk.

The show will be available for downloading in a couple of hours.

I'll be back with the link as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Tricia

Thanks Bessie for the bump! Man who knew so much could be discussed about burlap. What have I learned from this discussion-I need to remove the 3 large burlap table cloths I have in the back of my car. Recently used in a wedding I planned.
:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back