Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
new poster, longtime lurker. I think they might have something too. I hope it's big enough to solve the case and bring her home!

I notice that people are heading off to other threads until there is more information about Sherri. Since we all like to feel we're being productive, during this lull I'd like to encourage everyone to "adopt" an orphan thread. These are threads that are very quiet. Some of these victims aren't young and attractive like Sherri or ZuZu Verk in Alpine TX, but they are missing and their families are just as desperate as Zuzu's and Sherri's. They get overlooked by the media and WSers. Some are very current, some are growing cold. A word of support and a little sleuthing (if possible) goes a long way if family and friends are reading. Even a monthly post to bump a thread is appreciated.

For example, Stacey Smart (53) has disappeared one county away from Sherri and was reported missing the same day, but is getting almost no attention. Granted, there isn't much solid info, but Sherri's case with little info is causing us to continually spin our wheels, so we might as well do a little wheel spinning on quiet threads too. :) There are probably quiet "orphan" cases that could use our attention in each of our states or general areas. Thanks everyone!
:loveyou:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2-October-2016

Hugs to you Lilibet! Bravo x 2. You are so correct. Thank you for this reminder...:)

Can someone please give a cliffs notes? I can't access it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

He feels if there was going to be a ransom the family would have been contacted already by the abductors, and with the reward being 50 thousand dollars, what happens if they want more? And then he mentions "well where does it lead for future cases", and the amount could go up and up, he says "where does it go from there"? He also mentions that it "may bring some con artist out of the woodwork trying to collect on the money."
He feels working with Shasta County Secret Witness would be a good way to go. If the person who put up this other money would combine it, then it could go to 100 thousand dollars and "would that produce a tip"?
He says most people would have come with information and not be provoked by money.

https://soundcloud.com/user-9411702...dcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

He feels if there was going to be a ransom the family would have been contacted already by the abductors, and with the reward being 50 thousand dollars, what happens if they want more? And then he mentions "well where does it lead for future cases", and the amount could go up and up, he says "where does it go from there"? He also mentions that it "may bring some con artist out of the woodwork trying to collect on the money."
He feels working with Shasta County Secret Witness would be a good way to go. If the person who put up this other money would combine it, then it could go to 100 thousand dollars and "would that produce a tip"?
He says most people would have come with information and not be provoked by money.

https://soundcloud.com/user-9411702...dcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook
Thanks, I agree with him.

Thursday, we called both numbers provided to us in the email and letter, both were unanswered and voicemail boxes were not set up for either number. -KRCR News
In my opinon this site is ran by some quack. If they are waiting for a ransom call, why would they not answer the phone? :thinking:

Apparently the letter was originally mailed over a week ago before posting it:
KRCR first received this letter in an email from bringsherrihome@gmail.com, sent on November 6. In that email, the anonymous source said they were willing to provide proof that they had that kind of money available and were willing to release bank statements showing such. KRCR was unable to confirm the letter was from a legitimate source, and chose not to make the letter public.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851

Interesting. I don't have an iphone, so I've been googling some very interesting apps for the iphone. Did you know you can schedule a text to be sent to a certain person at a certain time?

So, for instance, you can compose a text at 2 pm, but it will not send, or be received, until 6 pm. I find that very interesting indeed.
I accidentally did something like that on my Android phone this very morning. I think I double tapped (not sure) the send key and it brought up a menu... and I was hurrying so tapped a time option before I could read it. I need to test that out.

Apparently the letter was originally mailed over a week ago before posting it:
KRCR first received this letter in an email from bringsherrihome@gmail.com, sent on November 6. In that email, the anonymous source said they were willing to provide proof that they had that kind of money available and were willing to release bank statements showing such. KRCR was unable to confirm the letter was from a legitimate source, and chose not to make the letter public.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851
This is so weird. Why this case? Why Sherri? Yes, she's beautiful, but lots of missing are.

This is so weird. Why this case? Why Sherri? Yes, she's beautiful, but lots of missing are.

I've never understood why some cases get more media attention than others. In my opinon, all missing people need to be found and should get as much attention as this one.

Do you find a cash reward to be an effective ploy in a case of this nature? Anyone?

I've never understood why some cases get more media attention than others. In my opinon, all missing people need to be found and should get as much attention as this one.
But this bizarre ransom offer? Willing to show bank statements? Has this EVER happened before?

It's like a movie. Maybe we're all being punk'd.

Do you find a cash reward to be an effective ploy in a case of this nature? Anyone?

Unfortunately I don't think it will be effective. If Sherri was abducted, I have doubts that she is still alive. If it were a ransom case I feel the family would have been contacted within a few days. It sounds like they are thinking its a possibility that someone is holding her captive, and are remaining hopeful they might do the right thing.

LE checking cell phone tower pings, emails... say they checked out all RSO's and got nothing...checked out her earlier relationships, and went out of state...sounds like a good investigation to me...jmo

I agree. And now I believe there is a reason we know zero about the timeline of that day other than the potential sightings at different times, when her H "thinks" she left for a run, the time she sent text to her H, the time he responded, the time he came home; how, when and where he found her phone. When called police or 911 and day care. Full stop.

We still don't know about who or when the children were taken to daycare or exactly who picked them up or what time. (of course LE knows every minute of detail about this day and the days prior). There is a reason this hasn't been shared IMO. And I don't have any idea about why that is.

I'm shocked at how fast this thread is moving considering the lack of information

I have almost never seen a reward lead to the return of a missing person, if ever. Those who know are generally also guilty. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010