Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC7NY Live:

Suspects waived court appearance

Grand Jury right now

Either will indict at end of day or have to release them

[video=youtube;QzeJzwObWsE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzeJzwObWsE[/video]

"Nov 21, 2016
James Rackover, 25, of Manhattan, and Lawrence Dilione, 28, of New Jersey have been charged in connection to the stabbing death of Joseph Comunale."

Linzie Janis of ABCNEWS reports

'One or both men will eventually be charged with second degree murder'

New (at least to me) info - that the guys exited the building with the females to help them catch a cab. I think the women were friends with Joey - so they went home (or elsewhere), but Joey wanted to stay longer. I'm sure the women are distraught over this.

I'm not worried about the murder charge. There is no statute of limitations on murder. They can charge these two guys with the lesser charges for now that will stick and that doesn't mean they can't be charged with murder at any other time in the future.

Dillione, I suspect, will place the blame on James. And James, it appears claims not to know anything at all.

Going to be interesting....

Does a third male even exist or is he simply a figment of the imagination:

Neither Rackover, an ex-con from Florida, nor his friend Lawrence Dilione has been charged with murder, but investigators say that’s only because they haven’t figured out which one of them, if either, held the knife and plunged it into Comunale’s chest 15 times.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...12-Nov-2016-*Arrests*&p=12949137#post12949137

New (at least to me) info - that the guys exited the building with the females to help them catch a cab. I think the women were friends with Joey - so they went home (or elsewhere), but Joey wanted to stay longer. I'm sure the women are distraught over this.

I'm not worried about the murder charge. There is no statute of limitations on murder. They can charge these two guys with the lesser charges for now that will stick and that doesn't mean they can't be charged with murder at any other time in the future.

Dillione, I suspect, will place the blame on James. And James, it appears claims not to know anything at all.

Going to be interesting....

Forgive me for not posting the links or reading through to see if it's come up already, but I had the impression from a DNA, NJ.com, or another source, with an image that the evidence was disposed not in the building's garbage alone but was found around the building too or just, not sure yet. And the thing about sexual advances gone wrong. What strikes me most, is that he was stabbed in the heart or chest area, as Chief Det. Boyce gestured and said in one of the the PC's shown in MSM, this beautiful young successful friendly soul. He was everything one would want it a son. Whomever stabbed him was attacking that, it seems to me. Who could know what a murder was really thinking and why believe what they say anyway, as in that moment of killing Joey, why so many times stabbed there, while defending himself with his hands, as reported in MSM? Why couldn't this killer stop himself, why couldn't others with him, if they weren't alone?

Are these dates/days screwed up? Lack of proofreading or JR's error?

<snip> Rackover, 25, the surrogate son of a prominent Manhattan jeweler, said he stayed home to watch an Ultimate Fighting Championship bout. on Nov. 13, a Saturday, and never left his E. 59th St. apartment.

<snip> He also said that after they all left, he went straight to sleep. Rackover said he hung out with his stand-in dad, and the pair watched a football game on Nov. 14.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...nyc-party-stabbing-innocent-article-1.2881439

Nov 12 was a Saturday

The 14th was a Monday

Can't imagine James' attorney thought it was a good idea to allow NYND to interview him, but who knows...

Forgive me for not posting the links or reading through to see if it's come up already, but I had the impression from a DNA, NJ.com, or another source, with an image that the evidence was disposed not in the building's garbage alone but was found around the building too or just, not sure yet. And the thing about sexual advances gone wrong. What strikes me most, is that he was stabbed in the heart or chest area, as Chief Det. Boyce gestured and said in one of the the PC's shown in MSM, this beautiful young successful friendly soul. He was everything one would want it a son. Whomever stabbed him was attacking that, it seems to me. Who could know what a murder was really thinking and why believe what they say anyway, as in that moment of killing Joey, why so many times stabbed there, while defending himself with his hands, as reported in MSM? Why couldn't this killer stop himself, why couldn't others with him, if they weren't alone?

I totally agree with your assessment of the stabbing. Joey was a good guy, much loved, nice family, education and career, moving ahead with a what appears to be a good life. James didn't have most of that (though he had opportunities). I don't know about Dilione. But yes, I think the attack was against that nice life that Joey was achieving (whether consciously or not).

jmopinion

ABC7NY Live:

Suspects waived court appearance

Grand Jury right now

Either will indict at end of day or have to release them

<snip> Rackover's attorney said the district attorney has until the close of business Monday to indict Ravkover or release him pending any further charges.

Dilione's attorney said that he would not defend the case in the media and that they are working to get his client out on bail.

He would not say when he expected that to happen, but indicated it would be soon.

http://abc7ny.com/news/court-hearing-for-2-charged-in-connection-with-murder-of-ct-man/1617707/

About recent events in Jeffrey and James' relationship. Seems there were signs taht James hadn't let go of his past ways....

"The one thing Rackover always asked for in return was for James was to stay out of trouble.

But it seemed to follow him, close friends say.

There were police stops for speeding and DWI, and then late night partying.

This summer, Rackover stayed in California on business and with friends. He left James behind, mostly in the Hamptons.

At summer's end, they decided it was time for James to move out.

They eyed a fourth-floor apartment in the Grand Sutton, but James could not get it because a background check revealed the extent of his criminal past. It surprised Rackover, and he was forced to rent the apartment for his 'son.'"

From same link as in quote.

This article mentions JC talking about the Hamptons too so even though they may not have been close friends it sounds like they may have traveled in the same circle of wealthy partying 20-somethings. I had thus far assumed JC was friends with the women who were at the apartment but according to this article it sounds like JC parted ways with his friends prior to the party according to his Dad. And a very powerful quote from JC's Dad about one wrong decision changing your life.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/loc...ity-mourns-popular-Westhill-High-10625552.php

This article mentions JC talking about the Hamptons too so even though they may not have been close friends it sounds like they may have traveled in the same circle of wealthy partying 20-somethings. I had thus far assumed JC was friends with the women who were at the apartment but according to this article it sounds like JC parted ways with his friends prior to the party according to his Dad. And a very powerful quote from JC's Dad about one wrong decision changing your life.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/loc...ity-mourns-popular-Westhill-High-10625552.php

It doesn't say they parted ways before going to the apartment, just that they parted ways. I'm still assuming the three females were Joey's friends, all of them went to the apartment, Joey later walked the females outside to help them catch a cab, and then he went back to the apartment.

I might be missing something though in the article, so point it out to me.

What I don't understand is, how Rackover thinks he can get away with this. He is on surveillance driving through the holland tunnel and back into NYC that night. He is on surveillance wheeling the duffel bags out of the building. He is on surveillance everywhere. Blood in his apartment. In his car.

Do they really need to figure out who put the knife into Joey to charge them and keep them? How horrible for the victims family and society if they are released.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

What I don't understand is, how Rackover thinks he can get away with this. He is on surveillance driving through the holland tunnel and back into NYC that night. He is on surveillance wheeling the duffel bags out of the building. He is on surveillance everywhere. Blood in his apartment. In his car.

Do they really need to figure out who put the knife into Joey to charge them and keep them? How horrible for the victims family and society if they are released.

No, he can be charged with the lesser charges and go to court for them even if murder isn't added to the list of crimes. Disposing a body is a crime - and I think they have evidence to convict on that.

I think murder charges will be added....but when, IDK.

He's an arrogant punk who came into loads of money and a luxurious lifestyle...which he pissed away. He thinks he's untouchable.

The DailyMail has an exclusive with Rackover/Beaudoin's ex girlfriend. She claims that he's not gay.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ty-jeweler-charged-murder-breaks-silence.html

"'I can promise you Jimmy isn't gay,' Grimm said. 'Did he travel to New York to turn tricks with older gay men? For the right amount of money, Jimmy would definitely do something like that.
'And now I believe that's what he was doing during his trips.'"

From the same link as in the quote.

Am I right to assume that surrogate dad is footing the bill for the defense atty?

He's $$$ and I doubt Jimmy has anywhere near what he charges.

I hope they don't release him tonight.

Rackover seems to wear a lot of makeup to cover up the freckles on his face that appear in the earlier mugshots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Am I right to assume that surrogate dad is footing the bill for the defense atty?

He's $$$ and I doubt Jimmy has anywhere near what he charges.

I hope they don't release him tonight.
I don't think so. He refused to post bond if I recall.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hadn't seen this detail in the NYDN:

"One or both of these people committed a murder," Assistant District Attorney Antoinette Carter said during an arraignment late Thursday ... "We're treating this case as a homicide. Both of these defendants were seen in the basement adjusting the surveillance camera. Dilione is the last person who saw Joseph Comunale alive.&#8221;

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/arrested-death-manhattan-partygoer-stabbed-15-times-article-1.2877608

These guys aren't too bright. The only way they could have messed this up more is if they had recorded video of themselves murdering Comunale.

Hadn't seen this detail in the NYDN:

"One or both of these people committed a murder," Assistant District Attorney Antoinette Carter said during an arraignment late Thursday ... "We're treating this case as a homicide. Both of these defendants were seen in the basement adjusting the surveillance camera. Dilione is the last person who saw Joseph Comunale alive.&#8221;

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/arrested-death-manhattan-partygoer-stabbed-15-times-article-1.2877608

These guys aren't too bright. The only way they could have messed this up more is if they had recorded video of themselves murdering Comunale.

Dilione is the last person who saw Joseph Comunale alive.....how do they know that??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryptocloud155