TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you, sweet girl??

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Looks like CBS7 is doing some sort of investigative piece. Hopefully they're not revealing anything LE is trying to keep under wraps.

From their Facebook page:

We've uncovered new details you've never heard before - new witness accounts and key revelations from players in the investigation of a west Texas student gone missing.

The latest on Finding Zuzu: Wednesday night on CBS 7 News at 10.

There's also a video, but I can't figure out how to share it here.

It also looks like I know at least two of the folks being interviewed for the piece, so it'll be interesting to hear what they have to say. I'm Facebook friends with them both, and while I knew they know/are friends with Zuzu, they've been very quite on SM about her disappearance. I don't mean that to sound like they were involved, just that folks there age usually put everything out there (including them) so there silence has been odd. I guess we know why now.

Looks like CBS7 is doing some sort of investigative piece. Hopefully they're not revealing anything LE is trying to keep under wraps.

From their Facebook page:

We've uncovered new details you've never heard before - new witness accounts and key revelations from players in the investigation of a west Texas student gone missing.

There's also a video, but I can't figure out how to share it here.

Here is the link
CBS7 News / KOSA-TV
3 hrs ·

https://www.facebook.com/CBS7News/videos/10154787568589533/

CBS 7 News will host a special report “Finding Zuzu” on Wednesday, November 23rd at 6 and 10 p.m.

j5v09g.jpg

Live report begins in 22 minutes http://www.cbs7.com/livestream (currently a black screen but they were just live testing)

Was there anything new or interesting in the special?

It's still on, only thing I heard that I'm not sure if I remember whether it was confirmed was that RF was not at the GJ meetings.

Zuzu's Mom and Dad are there in the studio appealing for tips. Bless them

Live Stream....http://www.cbs7.com/livestream

Parents...harder each day, help and support makes it possible. But each day they don't know makes it a nightmare.

Featuring Crimestoppers Tipline. 432-333-TIPS
Interviewed Susan Rogers from Odessa Crimestoppers. She emphasized that calls are anonymous. The call center is on the south coast so voice won't be recognized. Data base is in Canada so defense attorneys can't get to it.

Dianne Lopez interviewed parents who expressed appreciation for LE who are "fabulous." Community support has been overwhelming...warm, loving and supportive...keep us strong.

Zuzu's father asked anyone who has the smallest idea, suspicion or image of something they've seen...let it bubble up and call.

RF was not at GJ hearings.

Sharon Rogers...if have seen vehicles please call. There's an App for sending tips, secured.

More in next posf

More in the show at 10pm. New details and CE will be talking later, the first time he has spoken to the media.

This will be 4am for me. So much for my plans for an 'early' night !

More with parents talking about ZuZu...fun, youngest of three, was silly to get attention, clown of family, developed serious and artistic side. Ambitious, when she focuses on something she sees it through. A joy to be around. Loves life.

Between junior and senior her in high school, friends took her camping in Davis Mtns, found out about internship, applied and was accepted, graduated, spent summer there and decided to go to Sul Ross. Loves nature.

She brought RF home to meet family for 21st birthday. Parents want her home for the holidays. This wasn't her plan...to be gone.

Reporter Dian Lopez...challenge not being able to talk to RF. TONIGHT AT 10 PM...Special report, new info about what happened that night, interview with RF's parents? and CF FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Tips have come in during broadcast.

More in the show at 10pm. New details and CE will be talking later, the first time he has spoken to the media.

This will be 4am for me. So much for my plans for an 'early' night !

I won't be here to listen and post, so I hope someone can take my place and fill us all in. Thanks. :)

Thank you to all the note-takers! Live feed wasn't working for me for some reason. #findzuzu

Pictures I took from Sunday's walk--Mr. and Mrs. Verk and Zuzu's dog--
FullSizeRender(5).jpg
FullSizeRender(4).jpg

Missed some as my wifi went off!!

On the Saturday, Zuzu's Mom stayed in touch with RF trying to figure out where Zuzu might have gone. He told her she left his apt at 3am. Next thing a phone call from his lawyer that says he has a message for you but the lawyers wouldn't allow him to talk, but she would pass the message on. All she said was RF was distraught.

Now the feed has gone off. Grrr
Nvm ignore, was an ad break

FR's Mom, only interview - "He's innocent, my son is innocent" then she says to go ask someone? I missed this bit, reporter knocks on a womans door, "no comment" (argh I missed who this is) Middle aged woman with short hair and glasses.

CE No one is vocally standing up for my side or Robert its just been one sided in the media
Asked about Robert. Ive neverr seen him get mad, others say they have I haven't

On the evidence against Robert, CE doesn't know if he believes it. Insinuating LE make it up/plant it?

Gah technical issues. Feeds gone

I just tuned in...

CE says he is innocent. Says Robert would not hurt Zuzu. Not capable of hurting, he has never been mad.

CE says LE says there is a mound of evidence but he doesnt believe them. CF says no one is on his side, or Roberts side. Wants someone to stand up for them.

Zuzus friend says Zuzu wanted to move to Texas A&M, did not feel safe. Roberts reputation around town is that he was jealous.

Every 3 weeks, they would break up and then get back together (per her parents).

Robert is only subject. Family remains hopeful.

Cell phone and lanyard with ID and credit cards are still not found.

epresley--Thanks for sharing the photos. Lovely parents. Sweet dog.

Skibs and 808mom--Great job on the notes from the broadcast. Thank you!

RF and CE are a couple of whiners aren't they?!

OK everyone--If you're afraid, trust your instincts and get out of Dodge. Your instincts are trying to save you. And for the gazillionth time from me...read "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker.

VIDEO: Finding Zuzu Telecast broadcast to solicit tips for missing student

While it has been more than a month since Sul Ross University student Zuzu Verk was last seen, the hope of finding her is still strong.

CBS 7 News hosted “Finding Zuzu” on Wednesday, November 23rd at 6 and 10 p.m.

We are also asking for your help with any information you might have on the case. You’re asked to please call the Odessa Crime Stoppers at 432-333-TIPS. According to Susan Rogers with Odessa Crime Stoppers, tips have already rolled in since coverage began.

Crime Stoppers is working with the Alpine Police Department to take any tips at their anonymous tip line.

This is the video of the first segment from last night. I really want to see the 2nd part again. I'm so annoyed I didn't catch who the lady was, that RF's Mom told the reporter to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRANNYINVESTIGATES