Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is wrong.

Another problem with the latino/hispanic female abductor duo, and it might be stereotyping, but in my experience, hispanic women are close with their families and rarely out of regular/daily contact with their own family? Or is that wrong? I dunno.

which would make keeping a hostage around a challenge, absent complicity from the abductors family/families.

Good Night everyone. Take a break.

This thread is closed and will reopen sometime tomorrow.

:wave:

Going through this thread is sickening.

NOTHING has been stated to even hint that Sherri's story isn't true.

I thought I was on another website reading this thread.

Some of the posts were from new people and that's understandable but many posts were made by long time members who know better.

Let's say it was a hoax. Again, you don't cruelly pile on to someone who needs help.

To me, it doesn't matter if it was a hoax or not. Some posts on this thread are so inappropriate I am left speechless.

The thread will remain closed until further notice.

Thread is reopened.

Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

Zero tolerance for offensive posts or posts that respond to them.
If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

:tyou:

[video=cnn;us/2016/11/25/missing-jogger-found-california-sherri-papini-ekr-orig-vstop.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/24/us/missing-california-jogger-found/index.html[/video]

Uah

So there were reports that she had been battered and bound. If she did have bruises and visible injuries, that would be pretty important evidence, imo.

Woman Says She Saw Sherri Papini on Roadside After She Was Freed: I Was ‘Certain You Needed Help’
People
By Diane Herbst
Updated November 25, 2016 at 11:59 am EST

http://people.com/crime/woman-says-...-she-was-freed-i-was-certain-you-needed-help/

“A California woman shared on Facebook early this morning how she saw missing mom Sherri Papini on a roadside and called police before she was rescued at 4:30 a.m. on Thanksgiving.

On a Facebook page created to help find the 34-year-old mother of two, who mysteriously vanished while jogging three weeks ago, Alison Sutton wrote:”​

“I couldn’t stop in time to help you this morning but I did pull over and report to police that I saw you by the road and was certain you needed help. I am thankful that someone else was able to pull over safely to help you and that you are safe. God bless you and your family.”

I am bringing this over from the media links post because the woman in this article seems to know a few things about how she was found.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does worry me the sheriff asked the public to report any tips about 'two hispanic women in a dark SUV' to them. With such a vague description, I worry this will create unnecessary profiling and harassment. I think they should of waited to ask the public for help until they had more details.

I am so relieved for her husband, and especially her children, that she is home. I only see two possible scenarios here, and that's that either the crazy ransom caper worked, or this is all a fabrication on her part. I honestly don't know which one would be better, but so glad those kids have their mommy back!

I just started following this story and heard the police had earlier searched the area where she was found? If true, perhaps a cell phone had "pinged" in this area...

It is very frustrating not to have a better description of the women who released Sherri, but I imagine she was blindfolded. She probably couldn't glean much except from their voices, so I suppose they were speaking Spanish or accented English. And she probably knows the vehicle was a dark-colored van because she saw it drive away.

I hope random pairs of women won't be harassed. But these people need to be found, and there isn't much to go on. I would assume they are well out of the area by now anyway.

I also seriously doubt that Sherri was picked up initially by traffickers. Aside from being very unlikely, once the captors looked into her face, they would have realized she was not a young girl, despite her slight build. I think she was interrupted at home while wrapping the gift. I think she was personally targeted for reasons that we may never learn. Her family certainly seem to have ideas about who was involved.

I just started following this story and heard the police had earlier searched the area where she was found? If true, perhaps a cell phone had "pinged" in this area...

I wonder what made them focus on that area too. It wouldn't have been the cell phone she usually used, which was found on the side of the road in Redding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So there were reports that she had been battered and bound. If she did have bruises and visible injuries, that would be pretty important evidence, imo.

Has she stated their motive? Example; Ransom, mistaken identity, robbery, or what? Anything? Tia

Just catching up with this thread. I missed a lot while eating turkey and playing board games yesterday!! :)

Glad she is found. Glad she is safe. Very, very glad.

Hoax was on my list of possibilities, mainly because of the reverse-ransom video. The fact that she was found in time for Thanksgiving celebrations was something I sarcastically predicted, and since that happened, I remain wondering about hoax. But I also considered other scenarios, and continue to do so, as I keep hoax on the table. Well, I'm not considering murder anymore (thank goodness!).

If it's a hoax (and that remains an IF), I think it was mainly for the benefit of others, not necessarily SP. TOTAL SPECULATION

If this an abduction, I do wonder about the abduction site and the drop-off logistics. And, of course, I wonder about the perps and the motive.

I have no doubt that LE will be able to sort this out. The truth will be told.

Again, glad she is home and I'm glad for her family members - as well as for neighbors who probably have been worried about their own safety lately.

jmopinion, subject to change as we learn more

According to the Daily Mail:

'She was bound by restraints but was able to summon help from a passing motorist,' said Sheriff Bosenko.
He added police were looking for 'two Hispanic females armed with a handgun' and a dark SUV.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-happy-photo-two-children.html#ixzz4R37EIh8M

So she was bound by restraints wen she was found on the roadside? :thinking:

I am believing more and more in her abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo