Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
re: SP's injuries.

If you kidnap someone and you beat them to force compliance/submissiveness, you do that on day 1, day 2, day 3.... after that, the mere threat of a beating should get the hostage to comply with whatever you want them to do/not do.

now, there could well have been beatings at other times/throughout, perhaps even one last beating at the end? and for reasons other than control/compliance. Who knows.

but it seems counter to the usual model of beating/breaking a hostage early on for SP to still have substantial visible injuries 3 weeks later.

Seeing how something like 40% of murders go unsolved...not sure why people are so certain LE will always get to the truth in any case. Jmo as always.

re: SP's injuries.

If you kidnap someone and you beat them to force compliance/submissiveness, you do that on day 1, day 2, day 3.... after that, the mere threat of a beating should get the hostage to comply with whatever you want them to do/not do.

now, there could well have been beatings at other times/throughout, perhaps even one last beating at the end? and for reasons other than control/compliance. Who knows.

but it seems counter to the usual model of beating/breaking a hostage early on for SP to still have substantial visible injuries 3 weeks later.

So you're saying that the LE reports of Sherri being “heavily battered" could be true but are counter to the usual model that you subscribe to.

I'm still going with LE reports about Sherri's injury's and not "models."

What is a "reverse ransom?"

Everytime I see that term I immediately think of the movie, "Ruthless People" (circa 1986 with Bette Midler & Danny Devito) in which a wife gets kidnapped but her husband won't pay the ransom and keeps purposely missing every deadline and eventually tells the kidnappers to keep the wife or they'll have to pay him to take her back.

if you're going to self-inflict/friend-inflict injuries to sell a cover story, you're more likely to do it at the end.

Everytime I see that term I immediately think of the movie, "Ruthless People" (circa 1986 with Bette Midler & Danny Devito) in which a wife gets kidnapped but her husband won't pay the ransom and keeps purposely missing every deadline and eventually tells the kidnappers to keep the wife or they'll have to pay him to take her back.

I was wondering the same thing myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing how something like 40% of murders go unsolved...not sure why people are so certain LE will always get to the truth in any case. Jmo as always.

This isn't murder case so I'm not sure how that statistic fits in here. I hope LE can get to the truth in this case. I'm sure that we will get more information from them in the near future.

Ah. Maybe it just means that instead of the kidnappers demanding random, the professional negotiator reached out and offered money for her safe return?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting...police blotter for Shasta County - November 11

Anonymous person contacted LE claiming he had information relevant to the Papini missing person's case. He/she had learned that an adult female was being held in a storage container/facility against her will.

Starts on the bottom of page 1 and continues at the top of page 2.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Anonymous person contacted LE claiming he had information relevant to the Papini missing person's case. He/she had learned that an adult female was being held in a storage container/facility against her will.

Don't her parents also own a storage facility? I think what gets me about this case is just how coincidental everything is. Hoping/looking forward to more information coming out....

Just because two women released her, doesn't mean two women abducted her. Just saying.

Sherri may have given le all the information she has to give and le's description of that amount of information is "limited".

Limited information, to me, means limited to sherri's knowledge. You can't give information over and above what your limit of information is.

Maybe with time and rest, her level of information may increase but it also may not.
Jumping off your post...
I have been following this thread and just wanted to join in being thankful SP has been found. The extremely limited info LE has put forth certainly has fueled many theories and circumspection as to what truly happened.

There is no doubt in my mind that whatever transpired between 11/2 and 11/24 had to have been traumatic. The brain has a way of protecting itself, so ITA that it may take time for SP to have full recall if ever. If she was drugged, then recall would be compromised at minimum.

For some reason, I have thought her abduction was personal and targeted and she was the "pawn" in a much larger "game". I scoffed at the reverse ransom video and letter initially. After thinking about it, I think its' purpose was to send a direct message to someone. Message was received IMO. Thankfully she was returned.

ETA: IMO SP has had the benefit of an excellent orthodontist, dentist and augmentation; none of which is cheap. I believe the motive for her abduction was financially based, and someone close to her has money and/or power...

Thanks tjack14. Maybe not important, but just want to comment that the articles says "storage container / shed" (not facility).

Just because two women released her, doesn't mean two women abducted her. Just saying.

I think that sometimes people get fixated on the few facts that we have and can't get past it.

There's more to this story for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member