Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how is sheriff bosenko in any way throwing the papini family under the bus? just curious for a link. IMO he's simply being cryptic (which I am highly suspect of, in any case including this one)....

I must take a break. My eyeballs have been hurting all day. Love reading everyone's input. I hope soon we'll get to the bottom of this and Sherri will get her justice. Later sleuths. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things move so fast that I can barely keep up.

I am sad that KP went out and made a statement but for very different reasons than many would think. This is his wife's story. I hope that the details of what happened to her and the decision to make them public were approved by her. In my experience LE doesn't share the whole story for investigative reasons and for survivor/victim reasons. In this case, the scrutiny has been unrelenting and I get KP feeling that a statement was needed but I am concerned that he didn't connect that this would cause a potential problem.

I hope they are both working with a counselor to help them understand how this has affected them. I doubt that Sherri is perusing social media or new media. I think it is important that all in her family can remain focused on her needs and the family needs rather than feeling obliged to have their say or make their position known.

I am bothered by what appears to be a lack of communication between the Papini family and the sheriff's office. Unfortunately, it seems that they felt KP's statement just before undermined their work. LEO should be doing more frequent and clear press conferences. Now we ask if KP was undermining or frustrated? Why that venue rather than a press conference updating the public? If the LEO are going silent, I would hope that the family knows and understands the strategy.

I can't shake the lack of communication and the interface of the family and LEO appears.

One thing I can't overlook is what KP *didnt* say. No mention of justice, finding these people, making them pay. My DH would be out for blood if this were me.

This really makes me lean more in the direction that the ransom money was paid. I think KP and/or SP may be terrified of any fallout or retaliation. She may have agreed to willingly say something completely different about who her abductors were, in lieu of her freedom...

Possible. Two Hispanic females in a dark SUV is pretty vague and would describe an awful lot of people in CA. It would also explain the disconnect between the family and LE. LE isn't really in the business of paying off the bad guys and letting them walk away, no questions asked.

Still doesn't explain WHY SP was taken and held for 3 weeks before being released.

LE can waste a lot of time following up on false confessions and bad tips. When LE withholds some key information from the public, that time can be significantly reduced.

Likewise, true confessions and solid leads can be more easily verified if they contain details that haven't been made public.

I don't know if that's why LE wasn't ready to release the branding details publicly in this case, but it's possible. I can also think of a couple of other reasons.

I only came up with verifying a confession. What are the other reasons that you can think of?

Sorry if this has been addressed but the lady that thinks it was her at the rest stop didn't mention her face looked battered or bruised or mention that her hair had been cut short. Obviously she was familiar with the case or she wouldn't been so keen on spotting her and reporting. This was reported 2 days (less than 48 hours actually) before she was found. That is leading me to believe that all occurred after the sighting. It's weird because to me I would have thought they would have been abusing her the whole time and she would have had visible injuries when the lady approached her at the rest stop.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lue-pick-truck-rest-stop-just-days-found.html

Why are we all so sure that the ex gave that interview? It isn't msm right? Or if he did give the interview, how do we know that he wasn't paid to give interview? I'm not pointing fingers at him or blaming- I'm just suggesting that it may have been someone pretending to be him for monetary reasons? Just a crazy thought

Is there a prison nearby where she was abducted?

No prison near Redding. Unless you consider the fire camp. It's about an hour away and for non violent offenders. Name is sugar pine

Where are y'all seeing that the ex has talked? I am missing those links.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3980270/Sheriff-s-office-investigating-bizarre-blog-spewing-hatred-against-Latinos-purportedly-written-kidnapped-mom-two-Sherri-Papini-ex-husband-says-malicious-prank-isn-t-racist.html#ixzz4RQx0eB1O

Why are we all so sure that the ex gave that interview? It isn't msm right? Or if he did give the interview, how do we know that he wasn't paid to give interview? I'm not pointing fingers at him or blaming- I'm just suggesting that it may have been someone pretending to be him for monetary reasons? Just a crazy thought

Daily Mail is considered mainstream in here. I agree with your questioning a dependence on the ex's statement for absolute verification, though.

I'm out for the night.

Seems like the Sheriff and the Papini's are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Really sad to see.

Well, I agree with this as respect to the Papinis.

<modsnip>

A few have mentioned the FBI and their lack of involvement (at least as far as we know). I was curious so I googled and found this:
"The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child &#8220;of tender years,&#8221; even though there is no known interstate aspect. &#8220;Tender years&#8221; is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory." BBM.
So it sounds like they could have been consulted in this case? Anyone know more about when the FBI is or isn't brought into kidnapping cases?
https://www.fbi.gov/investigate

My apologies. It was a pic from this article on human trafficking

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...kers-victims-branded-like-cattle-9763468.html

Oh, no need to apologize! I just wanted to point out a bar code tattoo might have other (and likely personal) meanings. I know people who have them on their necks like that, and I've seen them on wrists or the inside of forearms too. In other words - a tattoo like that doesn't necessarily mean someone is a sex trafficking victim.

I didn't mean I doubted what you were saying. I believe victims can be marked in many ways.

Possible. Two Hispanic females in a dark SUV is pretty vague and would describe an awful lot of people in CA. It would also explain the disconnect between the family and LE. LE isn't really in the business of paying off the bad guys and letting them walk away, no questions asked.

Still doesn't explain WHY SP was taken and held for 3 weeks before being released.

BBM-Not just CA, but pretty much any other state in the US.

How do we know this "team" hasn't made it to another state yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member