Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, almost all the votes are for none of the above and many admit they can't talk about their theories under TOS. JMO, but I don't think I need to add to the poll. If you say None of the above, that counts. I don't think I'm going to repost or edit the poll anymore because the answers most seem to suggest can't be discussed here. So it can't really get any more specific. If anyone would like to tweak it within the TOS and repost, feel free. I'm bowing out of the poll-taking business now. It feels a bit futile, IMO since so many people are answering they cannot say what they think here. And yet this thread continues to move so fast... :thinking:

I feel like I am on a merry go round, inside a maze, on top a helter skelter

I try and catch up and feel like I'm missing things all the time! And every time I form some kind of theory, details change, or there's a distraction, a new interview. More drama!

I need facts, constructive timelines. I can't form a solid theory based on what we have when there is so much suspicion cast on unknowns and the victim. I watched a video from a news channel earlier that called SP the "alleged kidnapping victim" Now I know technically that is what she is but the way they said it, emphasizing the word with an accusatory tone, I just don't get it. I know there is a lot of stuff that feels off or different but sometimes it just is, life is crackers and seems to be getting more messed up by the month.

We're all intrigued and baffled by an very unusual case and I don't know what to say half the time but I sit here reading and thinking, reading and thinking. Hoping for something I can add to the map, or to post a new developing break in the case. I'm constantly waiting for that lightbulb. This case is actually making me feel a bit dumb o_O

ETA: This is not aimed at you Gardner, I just jumped of your post with my random musings and frustrations

I would think once she was stable at the initial hospital she may have returned to one that was closer to her home.

I completely agree! I am also a writer. (Don't judge my grammar. I didn't say I was an editor). And KP's writings remind me of someone who would fill a birthday card with sweet, poetic words. My husband is like that. I am not, and I'm the writer in the family. Seems like he's a sensitive, tender hearted man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He doesn't do things in half-measures, does he? That character trait has been consistent throughout. :)

You guys...

KP and his family and especially his wife, have been bullied on social media since her return. People are saying and writing things like they are scammers, crooks, perpetuating a hoax, etc.

THAT is why he's speaking out publicly. He's trying to tell all the media, social media, and true crime followers & bullies and doubting Thomas'/Thomasinas about the physical bruises he saw on his wife as a way of saying, "yes she really was abducted!"

The police do not concern themselves with rumor-mongering or social media crap. So a victim and their family are left on their own to deal with fallout on social media.

Instead of staying off all social media, ignoring all the crap flung at them, and just staying silent, KP is speaking out. Not because of the police or what the police are doing in the case. But because they are being bullied.

I completely agree! I am also a writer. (Don't judge my grammar. I didn't say I was an editor). And KP's writings remind me of someone who would fill a birthday card with sweet, poetic words. My husband is like that. I am not, and I'm the writer in the family. Seems like he's a sensitive, tender hearted man.

That's how it is here with me: My husband, who is not a writer, writes cards full of words. I wish him a happy birthday with a wink and a nod.

I think anyone would care quite a bit if their family member had suffered so intensely and continued to be the subject of extreme criticism, suspicion and wild rumors. I would certainly feel protective and enraged.

Absolutely.

Lurker here...although I was a full-fledged member back in the Scott Peterson days. A few of my thoughts and opinions - "real" abductors would throw the phone out the window (hoping it would get broken, etc) while they were driving to their destination. Why would they want someone to "know" they had abducted her. Chopped hair versus shaved hair - big difference. The "brand" could be as simple as the word "*advertiser censored*". My "hinky" meter has been going off since the first day this whole thing started. Something just isn't right...

The first four options basically don't make sense to me based on the length of time she was held. She's too old and middle class for gang stuff, hate crimes tend to be more "in the moment"-- I don't see holding her for weeks in that scenario. Same with kidnap for assault or torture. Vindictive acquaintance seems to me like that would be a more emotion, less thought out plan. Vindictive is an emotional response.

I just keep chuckling at human trafficking. I live in a city where trafficking victims are rescued almost weekly. They are never missing middle aged housewives. They are troubled street people who nobody misses if they disappear. And they aren't chained and beaten, the bondage is mostly emotional and drug related (keep them hooked and scared).
❤

I didn't say she was involved in gang stuff. You don't need to be involved in gangs, to get caught in gang violence. Gang violence is mostly random.

She was grabbed off the street. How is that not "in the moment"?

I mostly agree with you on human trafficking. This is not a case of that.

You guys...

KP and his family and especially his wife, have been bullied on social media since her return. People are saying and writing things like they are scammers, crooks, perpetuating a hoax, etc.

THAT is why he's speaking out publicly. He's trying to tell all the media, social media, and true crime followers & bullies and doubting Thomas'/Thomasinas about the physical bruises he saw on his wife as a way of saying, "yes she really was abducted!"

The police do not concern themselves with rumor-mongering or social media crap. So a victim and their family are left on their own to deal with fallout on social media.

Instead of staying off all social media, ignoring all the crap flung at them, and just staying silent, KP is speaking out. Not because of the police or what the police are doing in the case. But because they are being bullied.

Great post and I agree completely. (BBM)

Why is that so odd?

I don't know how many of you are women on this board, but don't you admire a man who stands up for his wife?

Personally, I would be absolutely MORTIFIED if my husband went on national TV to discuss MY trauma. But my husband would never do anything like that before consulting me and the answer would be NO> JMO

maybe she was just moved from one hospital to another!
No. The sherrif stated she was "treated and released" (based on what the hospital told him).

Had she been "moved from one hospital to another", they would have said she had been "transferred to another facility".

And for those who are speculating that she might have "checked herself out", that is also incorrect.

The terminology for that is "Against Medical Advice" aka AMA. When a patient leaves AMA, the hospital does not report that they were "treated and released". Further, most insurances will not cover any charges incurred if the patient leaves AMA.

That's how it is here with me: My husband, who is not a writer, writes cards full of words. I wish him a happy birthday with a wink and a nod.

I have no idea why that is. I guess I'm just not the poetic type. I'm thinking KP is.

Personally, I would be absolutely MORTIFIED if my husband went on national TV to discuss MY trauma. But my husband would never do anything like that before consulting me and the answer would be NO> JMO

I guess everybody's different. I have thought about this. If I were in SP's shoes, I'd want my husband to stand up for me in a way very similar to what KP is doing. SP got some serious criticism on social media up until LE announced they believe her story. KP and SP are in a fishbowl. The criticism is not personal to us, but it's personal to them. We have no idea how it feels. Their own friends were probably casting doubt their way. I'm sure it's been painful and infuriating for them.

I completely understand. But if my loved one was tortured for 22 days and was in the state the husband claims she's in, I would insist that they stay in the hospital at least overnight and I would stay with them. 87 lb. women with burns and bruises and branding. Honestly, I would be like the mom in Terms of Endearment freaking out that she be given a sedative.
BBM

You cannot just insist that someone stay in the hospital. The hospital is not a hotel. A patient either qualifies to stay or they do not, based on certain criteria. The bottom line is utilization of resources. Money, people, etc. If it weren't for screening criteria, every hospital bed in the country would be full all the time with people who don't need to be there.

Media often get details wrong in their stories. This is very common. That's why media articles are not considered evidence.

Source material is always best when/if it's available (police reports, search warrants, transcripts of proceedings).

I didn't say she was involved in gang stuff. You don't need to be involved in gangs, to get caught in gang violence. Gang violence is mostly random.

Do we know for sure that she was grabbed off the street? I was thinking that she was taken from her home. Hence the partially wrapped gift?

Curious, if you had been sexually assaulted how long would it take to go through the process at the hospital? I don't know the protocol on that. Are you being interviewed while being checked out or do they do that separately?

Re: gangs, I have yet to see anything connecting her to gangs. I lived in that area over 30 years. She isn't gang material. It just doesn't fit Imogen.

As far as the other, I could totally get behind a hate crime or act of vindication if we were seeing actual evidence of an emotionally charged, in the moment snatching. But we aren't. Imo an emotionally charged assault would look something like she is snatched, beat up, maybe hair cut off, and tossed out on a back road a few hours later.

To be held for weeks indicates, to me, there was some planning behind the scenes. It's hard to hide a person for weeks when you didn't think you would need to. You can't take them home, they might see mail or pictures or be seen by a drop in neighbor. Besides location there are things to consider like getting her in and out without being seen, etc.

Imo the fact that she was released alive after three weeks indicates planning, not an emotional, vindictive crime. The question in my mind is...who did the planning?

❤

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members