MN school bus driver let kids off at indutrial pk. Moorhead, Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

al66pine

Reaction score
MN school bus driver made bad decisions last week.

"Moorhead school bus driver ditches 20 misbehaving kids in industrial park."
He did not transport the {ETA: middle school} students to the approp. place. A student said he used racial slur too.

"Dan Bacon, the district’s director of property services and transportation, said the bus driver, who hasn’t been publicly identified, works for Red River Trails, one of the district’s busing subcontractors.“We have asked them not to use him on school bus routes,” Bacon said. “I don’t know what his employment status is.”
Bacon said he couldn’t describe what the students did to provoke the driver."

http://www.twincities.com/2016/11/2...tches-20-misbehaving-kids-in-industrial-park/. November 25, 2016 at 6:34 pm

School employee's comment about district's busing subcontractors is interesting, imo.

Driver {ETA: 50 y/o} was not a school district employee. And now he's no longer a bus company employee.

"Because of what happened, Miller was fired from his job with Red River Trails, a company contracted to provide buses and drivers for the Moorhead School District, according to the company.
Miller said he was hired in September and had not driven a school bus before."

http://www.twincities.com/2016/11/3...kids-was-called-racial-slur-before-using-one/ UPDATED: November 30, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Adults who can't handle kids shouldn't be working with them. I know some kids can be challenging (and frustrating), but I don't understand adults getting into confrontations with them over words. The driver could've just pulled over in a safe spot if kids were being distracting, until they settled down, or contact LE to intervene if they're too unmanageable to proceed.

Why take the misbehavior of a few out on all of the children? Another bus did come for the kids, but the article says some had already found rides. Who called for the second bus? Were the children left unsupervised until the other bus arrived? The wrong person (a predator) could have taken advantage of that situation.

I remember in HS (about 40 yrs ago), a bus driver and student getting into a shoving match. I don't remember now if the driver forced the boy off the bus for misbehaving, or wouldn't allow him to board due to past behavior issues. I worried about the driver because he was an elderly man, but I think he prevailed.

Adults who can't handle kids shouldn't be working with them....
I remember in HS (about 40 yrs ago), a bus driver and student getting into a shoving match. I don't remember now if the driver forced the boy off the bus for misbehaving, or wouldn't allow him to board due to past behavior issues. I worried about the driver because he was an elderly man, but I think he prevailed.

bbm sbm HS, 40 y/o ago?
You're younger than I am. When I was in HS, busses looked like this:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...tTQAhWK7IMKHcjxB64QMwghKAQwBA&iact=mrc&uact=8

(Back then T-Rex still roamed the earth.)

But seriously, IDK how anyone has the temperament to drive a school bus and deal w the students at the same time. This MN driver & the one in the TN crash were not the right fit. Glad there are some good ones out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfcortez8
Back