Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely with this huge case, an investigative reporter especially after the 20/20 interview could put together a timeline, like the press does on any major crime. What did the victim do that day, who last talked to her? When did the husband get home? What did he do? When was 911 called? Where were the kids? Chronology; days after which would include any timeline on rewards / what other players came on the scene.

Attention- Any reporters out there...Where is the timeline on this case?

I have never seen anyone quite like him before. His personality seems to be a lot 'story-teller' (I had a relative like him), and I don't mean that in the bad sense, necessarily. But I would say that I don't think his frequent public appearances are helping Sherri's story gain credence in public perception. So in that sense, I think he's shooting himself in the foot everytime he does an interview. JMO, and IMHO.

To me the reason is that he's not 'careful' - his emotions (I think?) cause him to do a lot of unnecessary description and embellishment, and as the elaborate details tend to change or update from time to time, it doesn't help this story gain credibiltiy. IMO. JMO.

Please do not take this as victim-bashing. I'm trying to answer your question objectively. If I were his attorney, I'd advise him to not do any more interviews. (But he may not have an attorney nor feel the need for one; again, this is JMO.)

He's genuine, but crazy-emotional. I wonder if he's always like this.

I'm wondering if because they have possibly flown private planes or do have some connection to aviation company if perhaps they could have caught the eye of kidnappers, cartel, who may have used same airports or aviation company, who used SP to extort someone wealthy who is connected to her

Well, the easy way to determine when the broken nose happened is the "coon eyes." I've had one...and the effect within 24 hours is purple rings under the eyes that slowly fade to blue, green, and yellow, over a couple week's time.

If SP got her broken nose being pushed out of the car on Thanksgiving, her eyes would have had deep, dark purple circles under them in the days immediately afterward.

Thoughts on the 20/20 episode - thank you so much to those who've shared! I couldn't watch it and really appreciate it.

- Glad the Sheriff was there too. It was looking more and more to me like there was a rift between the two especially after Sherri returned, and I was hoping that wasn't the case.

- Very smart of KP to take photos of the phone etc. before he touched it.

- I noticed a few people questioning why KP took SP's car instead of his when he went to look for her. My guess is he thought the kids might be with her, and the car seats were already set up in her car.

- The health thing struck me as odd, wondering if she was too hot or too cold. Is she extremely sensitive to temperature or is there some underlying condition? Or did he mean more that he was worried about her comfort as opposed to health? Probably doesn't matter but it made me wonder if the abductors exposed her to very warm or cool temps intentionally to make it even worse on her. If they did, that could point to someone who knows her.

- The birds, OMG. That would have freaked me out too. I used to think nothing of circling birds before I started reading WS, now my mind always go to "is anyone missing in this area?"

- Even without seeing him just reading the descriptions of KP's interview is heartbreaking. And things like SP rocking that piece of cloth... <tears!>

- I don't know why but I am SO relieved the brand's not on her face. Not that any of them will forget this, but it would be an extremely painful reminder to see that in the mirror every single day.

- Very happy they talked about how far she was driven on the first day! I have wondered all this time if she was near where she was held either before the abduction or before the drop off. Unless she spent a lot of time in and out of the car, I get the feeling she probably was driven to somwhere closer to the Yolo/Woodland/Sacramento area on the first day.

I am still very very curious about the whole ransom/gamble/etc. connection. That guy creeps me out big time. I like the suggestion of looking into him further.

Agree about the car seats! KP seemed totally reasonable in all his movements and completely honest

He's genuine, but crazy-emotional. I wonder if he's always like this.

I would think we could give him a pass for being 'crazy emotional" as you describe him, in this circumstance?

Please help me understand something. This is my first post on the matter as I've read/watched to see how it unfolds. Now it seems news is slowing down as she's home and recovering. Just watched the 20/20 show.

Very curious why there is no sense of urgency and "we must find them, here's a sketch of what they may have looked like, please be on the lookout for people with this description etc." in the news or in the 20/20 show. It almost seems like they've given up on trying to find them. I know she looked at surveillance of SUVs in that area at that time and none seemed a match to her.

The 20/20 show seemed kind of like a closed case. It was sort of a "she's home and it's over" but if these are dangerous people out there kidnapping strangers, wouldn't they want the public very vigilant? Does that mean this is something where they know a lot more than they're saying? And it's still a crime and a kidnapping and a victim, but somehow no threat to the public?

I'd have to watch again (and really need to as I was moderating while watching last night), however what I recall was Keith answering questions that the reporter asked him. Most of the questions were about his wife's injuries, her release from her captors, how he felt upon first seeing her, the reunion with their children, etc...

There were clips including the sheriff and Gamble (the "hostage negotiator")..... If the question was posed by the reporter regarding what LE was doing to arrest these perps, I am going to assume it was probably asked of the Sheriff. I truly don't recall that though.

Some people have questioned whether he tried to call her before using the find my iPhone app. According to Matt Gutman who interviewed him for 20/20, Keith did call/text her first. He responded to that question on his twitter. I wish they would have clarified that in the interview.

Ok. Let's keep it real.

If there was a random rapists on the loose that abducted a sahm; Then wouldn't this be mentioned as a motive for lone female joggers?

So should we be worried of why a motive has yet to be mentioned?

While a victim was held captive for 3 weeks?

So imo. The motive should be top priority to end the mindframes of other women that may feel that these perps may be a danger to them as well. Jmo

LE owes it to the public to either say that it was isolated or it wasn't .

Plus they owe it to the public to say why.

But they can only state this if the victim says why.

So there can be no misunderstanding, I'll clarify the parameters/rules for posting in this thread -

• Sherri and Keith are victims. LE has confirmed this. Sherri clearly was beaten and tortured for 22 days. Keith passed a polygraph and LE has stated he has fully cooperated and they have explicitly cleared him. That means no bashing, insinuating they are anything but victims and no more sleuthing either of their social media pages.
  • No references, not even thinly veiled ones, regarding the 13 year old blog entry allegedly authored by SP. None. ZERO TOLERANCE
  • Any violations will result in an immediate loss of posting privileges.

Guys, there are a LOT more angles to sleuth. Aren't y'all getting dizzy? . I urge you to jump down from the Sherri & Keith carousel and look down other avenues. Gamble might be an interesting start.... He's a public figure who willingly inserted himself into this case and the sheriff is on record for being adamantly against his involvement. Just a suggestion....
BBM - With all due respect, this sounds like siccing the dogs on someone. I'm no fan of this man's approach. But he did not insert himself into the case. By all accounts, the Papinis contacted him (likely out of sheer desperation).

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/ransom-negotiator-offers-reward-for-sherri-papinin-s-return/

No important questions were asked on 20/20 nor answered, we learned next to nothing. He was WAY too emotional, it was pretty close to being unbelievable. Deep down this must be a very sad story and we will probably never find out much more than we know now.

I'm once again confused...I though Gamble (via mutual friend) contacted the P family:

I'm confused by that too. I would like clarification from a source other than just the Daily Mail. I was under the distinct impression that Gamble contacted the family first and offered his services.

If you search here for Project Taken you'll see the business name is expired or was not renewed. Which is probably doesn't mean anything bad but makes me wonder what his next venture will be called, and how will it play off SP's case?

We don't know what happened behind the scenes with the "reverse ransom" and LE likely doesn't either. So he can say whatever he wants. He can make himself a hero. Has some new opportunity just fallen in his lap? What will it be called?

http://kepler.sos.ca.gov

JMO etc.

BBM - With all due respect, this sounds like siccing the dogs on someone. I'm no fan of this man's approach. But he did not insert himself into the case. By all accounts, the Papinis contacted him (likely out of sheer desperation).

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/ransom-negotiator-offers-reward-for-sherri-papinin-s-return/

Mmm, just to add, I thought in one of the past threads that Gamble was considered off-limits for in depth sleuthing? I'll go dig for the post.

Not meant in that sense at all. My intent was explore any other avenues and get off the merry-go-round that was going in circles nowhere. I only mentioned him because he is sleuthable since he is a public figure who has spoken out publicly regarding his involvement in this case.

I'm once again confused...I though Gamble (via mutual friend) contacted the P family:

The way I am understanding it, Gamble contacted him first, through a mutual friend. Then KP pondered it, and contacted Gamble and asked him for the help that had been already offered.

Mmm, just to add, I thought in one of the past threads that Gamble was considered off-limits for in depth sleuthing? I'll go dig for the post.

Tricia has given her okay.

When they looked at the containers on the 20/20 episode all I could think about was KB in South Carolina. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper