Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or....could SP have actually given LE a true description of her abductors and LE has agreed to lie to the public because SP's family was threatened. This might explain why such a vague description of them.

Surely it's irresponsible to give out false info like that though? What if people decided to take justice - on total innocents - into their own hands based on that description, however vague?

^^ Just read Cannonball's response in post #839. That too - what if it meant the real perp not only got away but did it again?

I'll grant that maybe Sherri gave false info out of fear but I actually doubt it, JMO IMO etc.

pimps and teen prostitutes have even a part of our underbelly for centuries. I did not see where the girls in the story were abducted though.

[I"]Officials arrested Gunn after he was named in a criminal complaint filed in United States District Court last week. The criminal complaint charged Gunn with the sex trafficking of a child by force, fear, fraud or coercion. Gunn made his initial appearance in federal court in Riverside Wednesday, Nov. 30."[/I]
http://riversidecountynewssource.or...king-ring-uncovers-20-victims-many-juveniles/

The 16 yr old was reported missing by her parents. She was being held BY FORCE in the cheap motel. So it was not a voluntary situation on her part.

Continuing my vein of thinking aloud...

What if while the abduction was real, the physical abuse and injuries obviously also real, BUT...

the true nature of the abduction is different in terms of the type of abductor and the number of them?

What if it was one white male? Who finally decided to let her go but told her that if she revealed the true nature of who abducted her, he would find her and kill her family?

He sees the People article, knows that KP is thinking a certain way, and so writes that into the "script" he forces upon SP.

"Ok, you want to be free? You're going to say it's two people. And you know what - let's make them female instead. And Hispanic. And you'll tell LE really generic descriptions of them. Do that, or I'll come back and kill all of your family but you."

And as traumatized as she already was, I could see her agreeing to this in order to save her life, and now feeling too scared to take it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thinking. You are not the first one to think of this. I myself have a hard time believing that males weren't involved in this case.

My theory is that the women abducted her but she had encounters with others during her capture.

Many have wondered if her abductors were male singular or plural. Heck, it may even be one female and one male, OR it could be exactly as LE has stated.

So you think the more reliable account comes from the woman who saw Sherri on the side of a highway for literally a second or two at most, as she drove past Sherri going about 65-70 miles an hour, in the very early morning, and who had at least two details wrong (no brown shirt waved, no long blond hair)?

I thought she just said "shirt"...where did "brown" come from? Was whatever she was waving ever stated by LE?

Why would they all of a sudden worry about being apprehended, simply b/c there was a bounty? Nobody knew who they were looking for; not until SP was let go and gave a description. In fact, if t hey WERE worried about being apprehended, that's all the reason to NOT let her go, b/c, naturally, she was going to give some type of description to the police when she was let go.

IMO, whoever is behind this had NO fear of being caught. Hell; they let her go on a busy highway where anyone could have seen them.
BBM

She was not released on a busy highway.

I believe the Health App may have to be configured to start tracking motion data. I did it so long ago I can't remember. It is also possible to change the privacy settings on an iPhone so motion data is not saved and older iPhones may not have the Health app.

I should also point out that there is lots of other data quietly being stored on your iPhone. For example any time an iPhone users connects or disconnects from a wifi network, connects to a cellular network, receives data from a network, pairs/unpairs with a bluetooth device, plugging or unplugging headphones is even logged.

I can explain how to view and interpret these logs if there is interest.

So if SP's health app was not configured, it won't be of use I suppose.

But you're saying analyzers can pick up other things about that day, up until the time the phone was put down? How long she listened to music, etc?

What if while the abduction was real, the physical abuse and injuries obviously also real, BUT...

the true nature of the abduction is different in terms of the type of abductor and the number of them?

What if it was one white male? Who finally decided to let her go but told her that if she revealed the true nature of who abducted her, he would find her and kill her family?

He sees the People article, knows that KP is thinking a certain way, and so writes that into the "script" he forces upon SP.

"Ok, you want to be free? You're going to say it's two people. And you know what - let's make them female instead. And Hispanic. And you'll tell LE really generic descriptions of them. Do that, or I'll come back and kill all of your family but you."

And as traumatized as she already was, I could see her agreeing to this in order to save her life, and now feeling too scared to take it back.

I agree this could be close to what happened.

Early on after her release what stood out to a lot of us was the way LE portrayed their news updates as compared to the way others portrayed the events. So maybe LE has uncovered certain evidence that they know about and yet they dont want to outright lie to the public and they need to also protect certain people from future harm.

So they say things like "all we can say is she was treated and her injuries were not life threatening". They cannot elaborate or share other new things that they may have uncovered about the abductors or anybody else at this time.

I think Sherri would have rightfully and understandably said whatever she had to in order to stay alive and to have any chance of being released.

I don't believe she would have lied to LE about her abductors afterwards, because from everything I've read and seen, the Papinis clearly want them brought to justice.

I also don't think LE would have released even the minimal descriptions they have if they had any doubt at all Sherri wasn't being honest with them about her abductors for any reason, including fear of reprisal.

I'm also willing to bet SP has been able to give LE a great deal more information about her abductors and where she was kept than what we've heard.

I sure wish there was a way to denote that something new has happened in a case, like a little red asterisk. It's tedious going through pages of postings and not have anything new.

Are you subscribed to the media thread? I find that is a good way to keep track if their are new developments.

Or....could SP have actually given LE a true description of her abductors and LE has agreed to lie to the public because SP's family was threatened. This might explain why such a vague description of them.

I don't think that would sit too well with Hispanic groups.

BBM

She was not released on a busy highway.

And it was 4:30AM on a holiday. I can't imagine there was a lot of traffic then. I'd think most people sleep in on Thanksgiving. JMO

[I"]Officials arrested Gunn after he was named in a criminal complaint filed in United States District Court last week. The criminal complaint charged Gunn with the sex trafficking of a child by force, fear, fraud or coercion. Gunn made his initial appearance in federal court in Riverside Wednesday, Nov. 30."[/I]
http://riversidecountynewssource.or...king-ring-uncovers-20-victims-many-juveniles/

The 16 yr old was reported missing by her parents. She was being held BY FORCE in the cheap motel. So it was not a voluntary situation on her part.

Right, she was prostituting herself because she was forced or coerced...or out of fear or because she was promised something....nothing there says she was abducted. I could be wrong, JMO

I am very happy your daughter is safe.

I thought she just said "shirt"...where did "brown" come from? Was whatever she was waving ever stated by LE?

Yes. Or KP in the 20/20 interview. It was a brown bag they covered her head with.

One of the things that has surprised me in this case is how people close to SP (husband, friends, hired investigator, hired consultant) seem confused about what happened, as well. You hear this during KP's interview, you hear this in statements made by people close to SP who are speaking publicly, you hear it from their hired PI who says he thinks its sex trafficking (but isn't sure).

That implies to me they are not sure why this abduction occurred, even though they surely must have a lot of info from SP herself about what happened during her abduction. Which means there aren't a lot of things unknown to the public. At least bombshells that would take this case in a very clear direction. Everyone seems confused.

That's rather astonishing to me. 22 days in captivity, and no clue as to why. Not even from people close to her.
One thing that LE likely knows is when SP was abducted did she have her wedding ring on or not. If she did, did she still have her wedding ring when released. A wedding ring is a symbol that you belong to someone and in ST the branding they do (in whatever form) is to show you belong to someone else so I would think if she left with it on she would no longer have it in a ST scenario.

I'm curious if you had to go get your dogs from your house after being assaulted, released from the ER looking pretty bad and the press was camping out in front of your house? Do you think you would have gone to get them then or would you have asked a neighbor to look after them for a few days until you could send for them? While KP might have been able to go home for the dogs, I doubt he wanted to leave his wife's side for that long. Plus the press would follow him back to Sherri and they would have no privacy. It is not as if they abandoned their pets without food or water and are never going to get them. JMO. Makes perfect sense to me and I love my pets. :moo:

The family whose house they are staying in may have allergies to dogs or they may have cats or dogs the Papini pets might not get along with. Their dogs will be fine until the Papini's can find a more permanent situation

So if SP's health app was not configured, it won't be of use I suppose.

But you're saying analyzers can pick up other things about that day, up until the time the phone was put down? How long she listened to music, etc?
The health app is a stock app on iPhones-my husband was shocked to find out it had been tracking how many miles & steps he walked since he got the phone. He had never enabled it-but he never disabled the tracking.
SP is a runner, married to a tech savvy guy. They use tracking apps to see the other's location (I wonder if SP ever used hers to locate KP). I imagine that LE knows far more from the cell phone than they have disclosed, and have an established timeline up to the point where the phone was reported found. If anything is hinky, I assume they know it. If they don't I'd suggest they need to step up their game.

One thing that LE likely knows is when SP was abducted did she have her wedding ring on or not. If she did, did she still have her wedding ring when released. A wedding ring is a symbol that you belong to someone and in ST the branding they do (in whatever form) is to show you belong to someone else so I would think if she left with it on she would no longer have it in a ST scenario.

I think that's a good question for Lake16.

"We currently have no reason to disbelieve Sherri Papini's story, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said on Sunday. "She was assaulted and had injuries which she was treated for."

http://abc13.com/news/police-no-rea...story-investigating-past-activities-/1628306/

“But keep in mind too she had been abducted,” he says. “We don’t have any reason not to believe her. She was abducted held captive for three weeks and then released.

Traumatized from the experience and then of course very emotional about being released and then being reunited with her husband.”

http://people.com/crime/sheriff-rev...mom-found-after-early-november-disappearance/

Sherri did her best that she could in providing the descriptions, but was not able to provide a detailed description due to the suspects covering their faces, and at times, Sherri’s head was covered

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...-conference-in-sherri-papini-kidnapping-case/

The family whose house they are staying in may have allergies to dogs or they may have cats or dogs the Papini pets might not get along with. Their dogs will be fine until the Papini's can find a more permanent situation

I agree.

I was originally going on the assumption that she was in really, really bad shape b/c of the warnings the ER gave her husband about bracing himself. But I now think that - THANKFULLY - the ER staff overexaggerated; especially in light of the fact that when Sherri flagged down that woman, AS, AS didn't seem to think she was hurt as badly as the ER led everybody to believe. It makes perfect sense now that the hospital wouldn't want to keep her, and that SP and KP didn't feel it necessary, either.

I remember reading that the hospital was on lockdown once she was brought in. I'm not sure exactly what that means for other patients or potential ER patients that day (ambulances rerouted), but it could have factored into how quickly they treated her. Possibly also moving her through for her own safety/privacy. I'm sure they provided the appropriate treatment quickly, and then released her with a specific plan for follow-up care in other settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member