Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I don't get it. You can state CG did it, or that sex trafficking is the reason, but you can't state you think SP isn't being fully honest here about what happened. I respect the fact she is a victim and am not interested in bashing her. I just don't buy that she has told all here, for whatever reason.

I respectfully disagree; I work in the legal field and have never heard of getting a search warrant for a willing participant just in case they are found to be a suspect later.

In any case, getting warrants on his home/cars/phones would imply that the police felt there was enough cause to consider him at least a POI.

I feel they are going in a different direction, myself.

I think it's not even really disputed that LE at first thought it was a hoax or that Keith was guilty. The behavior of the sheriff, IMHO, made that abundantly clear. It wasn't until days after she was released and Keith publicly corrected the sheriff's description of her injuries as being like a sprained ankle, that LE finally came around to appearing to believe the version she and Keith were telling.

Again - this is some other site that calls itself "World Breaking News" that is referring to the original 20/20 interview. But when you go to the actual source - the official ABC transcript of the interview, which I have, there is no mention of a basement.

That is not to say that she wasn't kept in a basement. That's not to say that perhaps KP mentioned it in portions that weren't used or insome other interview I'm not aware of. But he did NOT say it in the interview that was aired, assuming that the broadcast and the transcript are in sync.

That this "World Breaking News" thing which is not MSM would use the term basement and not put it in quotes with direct attribution - we have to ignore it IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm taking off my V.I. hat here and exploring your interesting scenario. Assuming it was true, the question I have is why would CG not manufacture a ransom demand (a call from his accomplices on another burner phone to his) and some proof of life? He could have taken the money of the AD that way, if there was one, or hit the P family up for the money as they had raised $50k also, or both. He pockets the money and arranges for his accomplices to release SP.

But so far everyone has denied a ransom was paid. I can state the family did not pay one with a fairly high degree of confidence.

The short explanation? Because he's not bright enough to really pull such a thing off. The fact that he willingly - without prompting - offered the information that he was "out of town" throughout SP's ordeal - as though being out of town is an alibi (?!) - shows he's not a bright individual.

"No, officer. I couldn't possibly have kidnapped so and so. I was out of that for that same three weeks".

[facepalm]

Okay.But
a lot of people right here on WS already said they were rare, and they live there. Nevertheless, a storage container could be mistaken for a basement room,if outfitted correctly. And I think most people would assume such a staged container was a basement since I doubt most people have ever actually spent any time in a container.

If CG were involved in her abduction, do you think he would flash the storage containers on television, if it is what Sherri was held in? That would sort of give him away. Don't you think?

What makes you think she was "left for dead"? She had bruises, burns, a brand, a broken nose and a haircut. I don't think the abductors would have any reason to believe that she was about to die. They didn't stab her or shoot her or fracture her skull or anything like that. If they'd wanted to kill her, they easily could have killed her in 3 weeks. I think they never intended to kill her and when they dropped her off they knew full well she was still alive and kicking. Jmo.

What makes you think she was "left for dead"?

Yes, those injuries you mentioned augmented with the "starving her" connotations. :dunno:

<snipped by me> So basically you feel SP is withholding information? I've spoken to her and KP and I don't feel that way at all. I'm sorry if you and others feel that way; obviously I have not done a good job of projecting the honesty and sincerity of KP and SP.

They are good people, the kind you would love to have for a neighbor or friend in my humble opinion. That is why you saw such a massive level of community support for a town the size of Redding. While obviously not everyone that supported them knew the P's, many had friends that did whose opinions they respected.

You've done a great job, actually! There's some very talented sleuths here that very well may be able to help, just keep looking to them. They genuinely want to help and have successfully helped in other cases.

Thank you for being here and giving us firsthand insight!

Good info - thanks!

attachment.php

Cute. Creative. :)

What
opportunity? He states he wasn't in town during her ordeal.

I agree that police have probably been investigating him. We disagree, however, on whether the police found everything on the up and up. The fact that he owns storage containers outfitted with different hostage environments (giving him the means), the bankruptcy (giving him a financial motive), and the opportunity we spoke about (his having been away during the same time period as SP) would not escape police. couple that with his already having lied about his business status while taking donations (the 501(c)(3) status was nonexistent), and that the army will not confirm that his experience and background are what he claims it is, no way are the police not doing a very thorough vetting and checking into everything about him and his past. That takes time.

As for saying he wouldn't kidnap and torture someone for business (financial motives), why would you say that? Why is he different from anyone else? Why can you believe that some random Latinas kidnapped her for NO apparent reason, yet some self-proclaimed, global kidnapping expert with no more military background than refueling airplanes would NOT?

People on the internet have found out information on him in a matter of hours. Why would it take longer for LE?
There is no evidence CG was involved in SP abduction

I can't watch the entire interview because I live outside of the US. Is the text found at a link? Maybe you can post it in the Media thread. I would love to read it over again. TY. I did watch the interview when it was televised.

I had to purchase it; ABC doesn't publish transcript links. I'll PM a mod and see how they'd like me to post the transcript text so everyone can view it.

You know I don't get it. You can state CG did it, or that sex trafficking is the reason, but you can't state you think SP isn't being fully honest here about what happened. I respect the fact she is a victim and am not interested in bashing her. I just don't buy that she has told all here, for whatever reason.

Well,there
are many who are clearly upset that I feel CG may be involved, which I find strange. This IS a site for sleuthing, correct? Why sleuth if we are going to get offended when people actually look for clues, especially in obvious places?

Is he some sort of Jesus figure that he's above suspicion? Has no one in the history of the world ever committed a crime and then swooped in to try to save the day, to make themselves look like a hero, to gain notoriety, etc. Such types are well-known to LE; for example, those who set fires and then swoop in to save people. It's called the "hero syndrome".

I wonder if someone pulled the plug on the reward for info on SP captors? It is hard to find out if it is still in play.

Again - this is some other site that calls itself "World Breaking News" that is referring to the original 20/20 interview. But when you go to the actual source - the official ABC transcript of the interview, which I have, there is no mention of a basement.

That is not to say that she wasn't kept in a basement. That's not to say that perhaps KP mentioned it in portions that weren't used or insome other interview I'm not aware of. But he did NOT say it in the interview that was aired, assuming that the broadcast and the transcript are in sync.

That this "World Breaking News" thing which is not MSM would use the term basement and not put it in quotes with direct attribution - we have to ignore it IMHO.

It's just as possible that, being in an environment with no windows, she assumed it was a basement OR had no other word for it. The only rooms I've ever been in without windows have, in fact, been basement rooms.

Lake: how did Sherri know she was 2.5 hours away from her abduction site?

Okay, but she HAS told LE much more than we know. She was blindfolded most of the time, other times had a bag over her head. Also there are times when people are severely traumatized, a part of their brain can shut down as a form of protection. It's possible details will come back to her with time. I have considered the theory of her being coerced/threatened into lying, but after reading posts from the VI I've changed my mind. It doesn't mean I'm right. I've just decided to explore other theories.

Lake: how did Sherri know she was 2.5 hours away from her abduction site?

I can't tell you due to the ongoing nature of the investigation and the fact LE has such a heavy clamp down on what can be released. But I've seen others post theories on how she might tell time in other threads.

You can state it.i have stated it multiple times without posts deleted. I do think it's important to state that a person can be a good and honest person andstill withhold or change info if they remain scared out of their wits. It's the same scenario as a child who is molested but doesn't tell anyone, because the molester threatened him. It doesn't make the child any less a victim. Similarly, this would not make SP any less a victim. And it may not even be the case - it's just a theory.

People on the internet have found out information on him in a matter of hours.

1. Why would it take longer for LE?

2. There is no evidence CG was involved in SP abduction

1. They have more methods and avenues than the internet does, and they can examine more and be more thorough. It can take awhile.

2. As far as we know.

sbbm

Interestingly, he was vague when he talked about it during his interview. I did think it was odd that he even mentioned it, b/c nobody asked him during the interview. He just threw that in there.

Hmmm.

As for a conspiracy with moving parts and cash, 1) I doubt there was any cash; there wouldn't need to be any real ransom if my theory is correct. As for conspiracies and moving parts, what makes a couple of random Latinas any more able to do that than a self-described, world-renowned hostage negotiator who supposedly trains the military in this kind of thing?

If it was just two random Latinas, then there are not a bunch of other people needing to be involved.

But if it was CG, then he needed to have people working for him, to do the dirty work. And that would take a lot of coordination and communication to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper