GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bipolar off the medication, bullied in the past, it was vetted and all a lie

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

First off....the podcast has certainly added a lot of new people to this thread....which is great. More exposure, possibly more theories. Secondly, stop assuming that sundrop doesn't know what he is talking about. I have followed this case since its inception. He has actually investigated this case since it happened...BIG DIFFERENCE. I have never been to Ocilla. He has multiple times....and is nice enough to share his info with us. I will say that more info on this case has been made available in the last six months than the ten years before that. We are slowly getting more and more of a picture of what may have happened. We are also finding out things that are maybe not as flattering about Tara...such as her numerous sexual partners etc. Having 3,4, or 5 lovers simultaneously in a small town will get people talking. Maybe that secret was about to come out. Maybe Marcus knew Tara had been a little "free giving" with her love. I believe that would be enough for any man to refuse to mary someone. No one wants to marry "that girl" if you know what I mean. That would certainly put her in a dire mindset as he has stated she was. Not only did he know, but he was disgusted by the thought of it. She could have been extremely irrational at the time as he has stated she was. This would also possibly have made her possibly do riskier things than she would usually do, like leaving in the middle of the night to talk to someone etc. I have always assumed over the last 10 years that either MH or HD..mostly HD was responsible for her demise. Knowing what I know now...I am not so sure. Distraught people do crazy things. Did she put herself in a bad situation?

If having multiple partners in a short timeframe was enough to exclude any man from proposing marriage, no Kardashian would ever wed (let alone wed thrice or more times). All kidding aside, I'm younger than Tara by 5 years but I know many women who've dated multiple men concurrently. Although not my cup of tea, I don't judge, and I think many then-twentysomethings were aware that exclusivity isn't a given, nowadays. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tara was was 31, she wasn't dating multiple men at the same time, in 6 months before she disappeared I know of 3 guys and 1 of them she had stopped dating and the other she dated twice

Tara was was 31, she wasn't dating multiple men at the same time, in 6 months before she disappeared I know of 3 guys and 1 of them she had stopped dating and the other she dated twice

Oops thread says above she was ^ 29! I should have checked before assuming it was accurate. However, I think that's even less questionable - dating 3 guys isn't a crime, nor a morally suspect thing to do, either. IMO

Love seeing this thread active. Off to check out the blog that's been posted and listen to some podcasts too!

let me begin by saying i am brand new to all of this so please forgive me if i say or ask something that has already been addressed. what a blessing the up and vanished podcasts are. i live less than 30 minutes from ocilla. i have always been intrigued by this case. things like this don't happen down here. people don't just vanish around here. somebody knows something and at some point he/she has to break. thru these podcasts, i have learned more about tara's disappearance than i ever knew. maybe this new attention will put pressure on him or her. the smallest detail could be what breaks this case. so my question is: how do they know for sure that tara sent the email to MH's mom (i think that was who it was to anyway). the wording was just weird to me. isn't it possible that a crazed ex-lover hacked into her email account so he could monitor her and/or possibly set the stage for her murder by making her look suicidal??

The emails were sent from Tara's school email address while she was at work. They also included messages from and to her step mom, not just mh mom.

I have followed this thread for years but my memory fails me - I can't seem to find the emails being talked about, sent from Tara's work email? Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thank you. Plus she held herself to a high standard too. Being in beauty pageants as she was, she had to convey a certain standard. She was also a teacher that took her job to heart. Being from the pageant world myself, I can say that these ladies who hold these titles are expected to walk a certain line so to speak. She had been helping other girls that day prepare for a beauty pageant. I don't think she would have taken her own life either. She had too much going for her.
Of course we have all had that one love that broke our hearts. That one love we would say and do silly things for. That doesn't make her actions suspicious. If she came to his window crying well... she was heart broken. She probably did see herself with him for a lifetime at some point. Again we have all had THAT one person who makes our heart skip extra beats.
I think what I'm trying to say here is she was a normal young lady living a normal life. Someone came into her world and took that beautiful soul away. Was it someone she trusted or a stranger? I would tend to lean towards someone she truly trusted. Enough trust that she wouldn't think twice of letting in at a late hour. Or going off with for a short time. It was someone who knew her routine very well too.
The fault here lies with the perp. I don't think Tara did anything that increased her chances of a violent crime occurring to her. She may have trusted the wrong person but that again wouldn't be her fault but the perps.
This is a tragedy that I hope finds an ending soon. It haunts many of us. That someone can just go poof in the night and no one held accountable. It's frightening to me to even think about it. What happened that night that was different than all the other nights? She took precautions such as turning her bedside lamp on each night to give her elderly neighbor the "all clear and safe." That lamp was broken and found "put back together" to look normal. Someone knew that about her routine.
In my opinion it was someone she truly trusted, whether it was a boyfriend or close friend. They had intimate knowledge of her routine and what to do to cover their tracks long enough to get rid of anything incriminating and that, imho, took a special know-how. To know what would be looked for.

Tara didn't deserve any of this. No victim does.
If you look at what Dr. Godwin has gathered as evidence that was looked over by LE it is astounding. There are many things that make you go "what in the world were LE actually doing at this crime scene? They sure weren't gathering evidence. I forget how long her car sat under the carport and was left there for anyone to tamper with. There was money left out in the car which was unlocked, when they began processing the scene. Everyone close to Tara said that was NOT something she would do. Dr. Godwin found seedlings and petals under her car spoiler I believe that was out of the ordinary. No one has been able to say where it came from. It appears her vehicle was driven through some sort of field where these plant particles ended up under her car. That could point to a location of her body. I'm so GLAD that Dr. Godwin has been on this case and truly believe he will help Solve this case. The podcasts are getting the info out there. Turning over stones that needed to be turned over years ago. This case should have been solved quickly. The question is "Why hasn't it?" Someone needs to come forward and tell what they know. This could easily be a sister, daughter, mother, aunt or friend of ours.
As for the person who committed suicide, I will never understand why people confess to crimes they didn't do. Just like that sicko that did the YouTube videos saying he committed her murder. People are crazy. And it scares the hell out of me to think people are willing to confess to crimes like that. Imho it's just as bad as committing the crime. Not to mention wasting the time of LE and taking away what is priority. Solving the case. I'm so glad there is interest in this case again. Hopefully it will lead to a conclusion. Thank you to those working so diligently on this case and never giving up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ummm, yeah.... the way the lamp is sitting on her nightstand, with the socket clearly broken and the shade askew, is STRANGE. I've been picturing something much different in my head. I've been wondering why LE said there were no signs of a struggle if her lamp was broken, but I can see why they may have said that now.

I actually disagree about why gbi said that especially considering that other things were out of place. If you actually read about the lamp at the link above, then the lamp base could not have been broken like it was and still stay sitting on the bedside table.

Ocilla Police Department has not released all of the evidence that they have collected in Tara's investigation......It really bothers me that they chose to release information about Tara's multiple relationships....I read once that the investigation had been difficult due to Tara's "socializing".......I don't know whether it is true or not and I do not care....Tara is a crime victim and should not be tried in the court of public opinion about her relationships....If she WERE involved with several men at the same time, why did this have to be made public?.You never read about a man being labeled because of his multiple sexual partners because our society accepts that "men have needs", "men will be men" , we accept that multiple sexual partners are completely acceptable for a man....YET.....A woman on the other hand who has had multiple sexual partners is a trollup, *advertiser censored*, *advertiser censored*, AND get this, the men that made them into these things no longer want to marry women like this.....Double standard much!!!!

I am not interested in Tara's sexual history....I am interested in her getting justice, she deserves no less than that.....

I actually disagree about why gbi said that especially considering that other things were out of place. If you actually read about the lamp at the link above, then the lamp base could not have been broken like it was and still stay sitting on the bedside table.

Yes agreed.
IMHO it was clearly staged and covered up to look like nothing had happened.
Didn't the neighbor say the light hadn't been turned on in a few days? That should have immediately told LE to LOOK at the lamp more closely. The link above is full of "OMG" moments where you can't even believe LE looked over so many obvious things. It astounds me honestly.
The people of Ocilla should be demanding more from LE due to their lack of properly treating the crime scene. Too many things were left unexplored. It baffles me.
The people of Ocilla should be very concerned if this is the type of investigating the LE are doing at crimes. The next victim could be one of their loved ones.
I have some dear friends in the GBI. I may make some calls tomorrow. I have been meaning to contact them in regards to a baby doe found near here in the 1980's anyway. I doubt there is much they can tell me but I'd love their opinion on the case.

GBI is in charge of Tara's case. No law enforcement has released any information about her case other than in 2008 about the DNA on the glove. I totally agree with you about all the discussion about her sex life. However, the more people you have involved in a person's life the more complicated the investigation can get. Even former GBI agent in charge of Tara's case, Rothwell, has admitted this in several media interviews

Ocilla Police Department has not released all of the evidence that they have collected in Tara's investigation......It really bothers me that they chose to release information about Tara's multiple relationships....I read once that the investigation had been difficult due to Tara's "socializing".......I don't know whether it is true or not and I do not care....Tara is a crime victim and should not be tried in the court of public opinion about her relationships....If she WERE involved with several men at the same time, why did this have to be made public?.You never read about a man being labeled because of his multiple sexual partners because our society accepts that "men have needs", "men will be men" , we accept that multiple sexual partners are completely acceptable for a man....YET.....A woman on the other hand who has had multiple sexual partners is a trollup, *advertiser censored*, *advertiser censored*, AND get this, the men that made them into these things no longer want to marry women like this.....Double standard much!!!!

I am not interested in Tara's sexual history....I am interested in her getting justice, she deserves no less than that.....
AMEN to EVERYTHING you said!
It very much is a double standard. Hurts my heart that the family has to endure those insinuations.
I honestly do not care if she was sleeping with every man in Ocilla. She is STILL a crime victim and deserves justice.
She was simply living life. I see nothing wrong with it at all. The ONLY part that should play is figuring out who murdered her and why.
I just wish someone would at least write an anonymous letter giving her location at the very least so her family can bury her properly.
Someone KNOWS details. Someone knows where her remains are. Someone knows who did it and why.
If that person is reading this message... please do the right thing and allow her to be found.
If you are protecting someone who did this crime... seriously think about how quickly you could become their next victim just to shut you up. With the attention the case is receiving.... the killer is going to get nervous and try to cover up loose ends. Are you willing to take that chance to be their next victim?
If you know something, speak out.

Oh, I disagree with them too. But now I understand why they COULD have initially came to that conclusion. I was picturing a lamp with the stem snapped and propped up against a wall or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member