Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is just wasn't sure if this place would have access or not.
The place is for rent in this picture and says 80sqm on the sign.
Rather small and I wouldn't think it included the rear part of the building (could have split the rents up recently)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wouldn't need a back entrance if the building looked like it did back then as it does now. You could rip someone off the street into the courtyard pretty quickly.

Hold your horses, it wasn't likely the guy working for telstra also ran a PC store, but was this guy a relative who gave BE access?
He could have worked for Telstra and someone else (family) ran the business during the day, he could have worked after his Telstra shifts..

Hold your horses, it wasn't likely the guy working for telstra also ran a PC store, but was this guy a relative who gave BE access?
I was thinking same. He'd be a moron to do it from his own business premises...a brother or fathers business premises however...
Probably wasnt even supposed to be there if it happened that way

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Interesting...I'm thinking a direct link to a screen printing business or that material dumped in a business' bin (or shared bins with the computer store) could have been appropriated by the perp to assist in movement/ restraining victim.
Possibly the screen printers could have disposed of an old clothesline that was used to hang freshly screened shirts on and this could have been retrieved from the bin by per/perps for restraining/ tying up the victim.
Screen printing materials could have transferred to perp and victim.

I was thinking same. He'd be a moron to do it from his own business premises...a brother or fathers business premises however...
Probably wasnt even supposed to be there if it happened that way

That's what I'm thinking. Trusted with a key for some reason and how convenient.

You wouldn't need a back entrance if the building looked like it did back then as it does now. You could rip someone off the street into the courtyard pretty quickly.

Indeed but would likely leave with CG through the back

Ok so working backwards it "kind of" fits but without knowing who owned that shop in the 90s, it's just fairy floss.

Bloody hell, but SURELY cops must have looked heavily at anyone associated with the business she was last seen in front of...

Surely must be another Edwards. Extremely common name.

:jawdrop:
back in the 80's there was also an Edwards Business Machine, well known printer/photocopier business. Not sure where they based. My point is common name? Or family business spread across office machine into computers?

Ok so working backwards it "kind of" fits but without knowing who owned that shop in the 90s, it's just fairy floss.

Yep. More info needed to clarify any connection to the name. Certainly worth some research... but by someone much smarter than me.

Be absolute madness if the family did happen to own this business back then
Wouldnt the police have been thorough with everyone working nearby..with the last place a victim was seen near especially .
Surely cant have been that focused on the wrong men to ignore everything else!
A family member would so suspect him if this is the case.
Most serial killers have very limited or dysfunctional families. Doesnt seem the case here. Someone close would have noticed his oddities over the years

e09a72ab8109a109c813b4497d6a703c.jpg

If this is the right location of ACR and the frontage hasn't changed much then it is quiet well hidden.
Likely to have a rear exit too

Perfect for an ambush on anyone walking past.

Things are getting a bit confusing with the business names. To clarify:

Australian Computer Resellers is owned by Edwards Family Trust. No confirmation of ownership, just very coincidental.

A search of Edwards Family Trust brought up a business called "BE's Services". I thought this may be linked to our BE as someone mentioned he had a lawnmowing business. Another poster clarified it is owned by a B***dan Edwards so nothing to do with our BE.

The thing about this being the site would fit with SS, completely unknown with JR as there were no sightings, and would be odd for CG as it would have been on the wrong side of the road to where she was.

Thing is I highly doubt this guy would have randomly grabbed rope at the scene and used it, he knew what he was doing.
I think this may be a bit of a red herring and the clothes line comes from somewhere else.

Clearly BE didn't mind stealing things off clotheslines, not a large leap to take the whole line.

attachment.php

Attachments

• olifents.jpg
    olifents.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 299

Australian Computer Resellers is owned by Edwards Family Trust. No confirmation of ownership, just very coincidental.

A search of Edwards Family Trust brought up a business called "BE's Services". I thought this may be linked to our BE as someone mentioned he had a lawnmowing business. Another poster clarified it is owned by a Brendan Edwards so nothing to do with our BE.

Yep. Further research required to clarify if the name is connected or just coincidental. Any ideas how this can be researched?

A search of Edwards Family Trust brought up a business called "BE's Services". I thought this may be linked to our BE as someone mentioned he had a lawnmowing business. Another poster clarified it is owned by a Brendan Edwards so nothing to do with our BE.
Ok the previous poster didn't make that clear. So that BE has no relation to the suspected BE? If that is the case then definitely excluded...and sorry to waste everyones time..

That's what I'm thinking. Trusted with a key for some reason and how convenient.

Trusted with a key because he repaired/rebuilt computers in there as a part time gig?

Director of Australian Computer Resellers is a Mr Gordon Harris.

Different companies as mentioned here

ASIC search on Australian Computer Resellers. There are two records, one cancelled and the following:

Business name: AUSTRALIAN COMPUTER RESELLERS
Registration date: 26/07/1993
Renewal date: 26/07/1996
Cancelled date: 27/09/1996
Cancellation under review:
Address for service of documents:
Principal place of business:
Holder(s) details:
Debtor representative(s):
not applicable

Notified successor(s):
not applicable

Regulator: Australian Securities and Investments Commission

Former State/Territory registration details
Former identifier: 0090887T
Former State/Territory: WA

/edit The Australian Computer Resellers in Cannington and the other one ARE NOT RELATED, otherwise on the ASIC website they would have the same 'former identifier'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member