Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Have been reading the threads and discussion with interest.
I've had a look at historic WA electoral rolls... BE was registered at "Lot 13xx Gay St, Huntingdale" in both 1988 (year of Huntingdale attack) and 1999 (year before he purchased the Kewdale property.

( modsnip)

According to RP Data, this Lot 13xx Gay St in Huntingdale (listed as Southern River in the 1988 electoral roll) does not exist... perhaps there is a way to investigate historic properties that have been re-zoned?
Interesting also that it is a stone's throw from "Wright Lake" mentioned by Dr (as quoted in the earlier discussion about Dr ).

Anyway, thought this was all interesting, may require further digging...

BE's Services had an entity name Brendan Edwards as Trustee for the Edwards family trust, later shortened to The Edwards Family Trust. I don't think it is associated with CSK.

There is a little bit about an Australian Computer Resellers here

http://.reckon.com.au/Portals/0/Retail -QuickBooksPremier_AustComputerResellers.pdf

According to the reckon PDF, owner of ACR is/was recently another person. It states the business started in 1993, which is in line with the ABN details also posted here (that state it was cancelled in 1996). Perhaps the business changed hands recently? The PDF doesn't state they have always owned the business.

Interesting to note the date/year the business name was cancelled

ASIC search on Australian Computer Resellers. There are two records, one cancelled and the following:

Business name: AUSTRALIAN COMPUTER RESELLERS

Registration date: 26/07/1993
Renewal date: 26/07/1996
Cancelled date: 27/09/1996
Cancellation under review:
Address for service of documents:
Principal place of business:
Holder(s) details:
Debtor representative(s):
not applicable

Notified successor(s):
not applicable

Regulator: Australian Securities and Investments Commission

Former State/Territory registration details
Former identifier: 0090887T
Former State/Territory: WA

/edit The Australian Computer Resellers in Cannington and the other one ARE NOT RELATED, otherwise on the ASIC website they would have the same 'former identifier'.

Ok the previous poster didn't make that clear. So that BE has no relation to the suspected BE? If that is the case then definitely excluded...and sorry to waste everyones time..

I would lean towards someone 40+ having a family trust.
So parents or uncles would be the most likely and to give a key.
Seeing we don't know all the extended families initials its hard to rule out completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are 2 listings on the ABN register for Australian Computer Resellers.

1. One has a cancelled ABN and has an entity name of Digital Frog Pty Ltd
The director of Digital Frog is Gordon Harris http://www.manta.com/ic/mx1cv0p/au/digital-frog-pty-ltd

2. The other still has an active ABN and is linked to the Edwards Family Trust

Seems like 2 very separate businesses that at one point in time had the same trading name??

Hi all,

Have been reading the threads and discussion with interest.
I've had a look at historic WA electoral rolls... BE was registered at "Lot 1376 Gay St, Huntingdale" in both 1988 (year of Huntingdale attack) and 1999 (year before he purchased the Kewdale property. TE (brother) and their father (BE) and mother (EE) were also registered at this address.
According to RP Data, this Lot 1376 Gay St in Huntingdale (listed as Southern River in the 1988 electoral roll) does not exist... perhaps there is a way to investigate historic properties that have been re-zoned?
Interesting also that it is a stone's throw from "Wright Lake" mentioned by Dr (as quoted in the earlier discussion about Dr ).

Anyway, thought this was all interesting, may require further digging...
is the father's name Brendan? Could the computer business be held by his family trust. The accused had little reason to have a trust structure at that time. A trust structure is typically set up to stream income as between a spouse and dependants.

Further clarification:

The Cannington based Australian Computer Resellers is owned by the Edwards Family Trust. Registered in 2000.

I can't confirm if the Claremont based ACR store was owned by the same trust, or if they are the same store. Will keep digging.

The timing of the Cannington store is interesting. BE moved to Kewdale in 2000.

I really hope we are wrong here, but computer repair shop fits with everything we know about this guy.
Edwards is a very common name, but the coincidences here cannot be ignored, it was the exact building a victim was last seen in front of and the business relates directly to something we are reasonably sure BE did.

There are 2 listings on the ABN register for Australian Computer Resellers.

1. One has a cancelled ABN and has an entity name of Digital Frog Pty Ltd
The director of Digital Frog is Gordon Harris http://www.manta.com/ic/mx1cv0p/au/digital-frog-pty-ltd

2. The other still has an active ABN and is linked to the Edwards Family Trust

Seems like 2 very separate businesses that at one point in time had the same trading name??

Same post code though. How can you have two business with the same name in the same postcode?

No - the father's name is not Brendan. (I think the computer business is just a coincidence, unfortunately)

The name Brendan has nothing to do with the computer store. That was to do with the other listing I found called “BE’s Services”, which a poster clarified wasn’t our BE as it was someone called Brendan.

RE: the CCTV footage of JR>> correct me if I am wrong but she is looking north up bay view terrace in direction of railway station> then contact with MM occurs (she appears to laugh and look bashful) then she subsequently looks south down bayview the direction MM has gone, she then continues after this to look south, would this not indicate the actions of MM changed where she was looking, thus she was waiting for MM..... perhaps to get his car and pick her up?

Maybe he needed to go and prep the car before she gets there, he went round the block to check she was still there, then said ill just get the car, so she obviously looks in direction he left in.
(hell maybe he had to go look for some rope, found some at the back of olifents.(real stretch this one)

Apologies If this has been discussed in the thousands of other posts on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me