Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a previously unmentioned business, might not be of relevance but it is worth sleuthing since there were reported links of screen printing materials being found on victim restraints.

Well considering the way the thread was closed last night it's probably best done behind the scenes!

That's what I am waiting for as well.

I have just spoken with my brother who was in the computer and printer repair business in the 1990s and asked him whether he remembered ACR. He said YES. He would see them at the auction houses in and around Perth. Described them as shady.

Now this is the clincher....he said that at the time of the murders someone associated with ACR got in the media (uncomfirmed) suggesting theories about the offenses. Apparently then Police Commissioner Falconer replied by saying they didn't need any help with theories.

Does your brother remember if ACR had repaired or refurbished printers? What about specialty printers--ones capable of screen printing?

Would it be correct to say the person associated with ACR who was suggesting theories was someone other that BE?

If this person was 'in the media', were his or her theories published or reported? If not, how did Comm. Falconer know what this person was doing?

This article is where the familial DNA report came from. It was released 4 days ago and discussed in the thread.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you. What is being 'tweaked'?

I have only ever seen telephone cable or clothes line mentioned in the past never ties?

That teenager was restrained with what she reportedly told police were ties, and driven to Karrakatta cemetery where she was raped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to the screen printing material found..People often do their own screen printing at home........

I'm not saying ANYTHING in fear of the thread being closed before CR can say yes or no.

Hi all- post time poster so hopefully I don't stuff it up. Of course, admin please delete if I have overstepped the mark.

In a previous thread (I can't find it, sorry) someone mentioned that they had found BRE's parents on the electoral roll. Historical crime reasearch is a big interest of mine so I thought I'd see if there was anything interesting about his family on ancestry.com. If people are still living they are hard to research, but there are electoral rolls up until 1980. At the G** St, Huntingdale addresss previously mentioned, lived another BRE in 1980, same intitials but different first and middle names. B**** R****** Edwards (male) and E******** K**** Edwards (female). His occupation is listed as technician. The same people are on the 1972 Roll living in a caravan park at Margaret River. Occupation: technician.

I'll make it clear before someone points it out that this BRE is obviously not the suspect, who would have been 12 in 1980.

Please feel free to ignore, I'm more comfortable as a reader than a poster.

Hi all- post time poster so hopefully I don't stuff it up. Of course, admin please delete if I have overstepped the mark.

In a previous thread (I can't find it, sorry) someone mentioned that they had found BRE's parents on the electoral roll. Historical crime reasearch is a big interest of mine so I thought I'd see if there was anything interesting about his family on ancestry.com. If people are still living they are hard to research, but there are electoral rolls up until 1980. At the G** St, Huntingdale addresss previously mentioned, lived another BRE in 1980, same intitials but different first and middle names. B**** R****** Edwards (male) and E******** K**** Edwards (female). His occupation is listed as technician. The same people are on the 1972 Roll living in a caravan park at Margaret River. Occupation: technician.

I'll make it clear before someone points it out that this BRE is obviously not the suspect, who would have been 12 in 1980.

I believe that they are the parents of the charged BRE. Anyone care to clarify.

Wish I knew what BE said on CG fb. The 3 monkeys definitely had 2 other comments at some point as it comes up sometimes.
The pic of BE and CG also had 2 more comments that have been removed. One no doubt asking why he was tagged or to remove the tag.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Would the comments have disappeared if she had blocked him after they broke up?

Really interesting stuff. You might well get told that you shouldn't be sleuthing family members but you haven't actually mentioned names. This info could prove really useful in linking the man arrested to businesses in the Claremont area.

I think you find the dump sites to be within say 2-3kms of these Exchanges. E.g. Baldivis and Carabooda I beleive

Edit: Like I have suggested several times on here previously use ADSLExchange website address feature to give you crow fly distances to nearest exchanges.

Thanks. I had done that, but with lack of Exchange coming up in the location of the bodies, that it had been suggested that Telstra personnel had smelt something decomposing from an the exchange, and that it had been suggested that they were close enough for BE to observe the dump sites or "feel" close, led me to the conclusion they were quite local to the sites. Perhaps there were strong winds that day...

Question. All of this talk about the dump sites being in the location of Telstra Exchanges.
I have done a search, and there is nothing I can see on Woolcoot Rd, Wellard, and Pipidinny Rd, Eglington. I am currently plotting everything on a map, so any help to pinpoint these would be a great help.
http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/australian_exchange_guide#aeg_wa

Telstra became Telstra in 1993, previously named Telecom. I cannot recall the reason for the name change tho, I do remember when it happened, all the pay phones changed with the new colours and logos.

Telstra became Telstra in 1993, previously named Telecom. I cannot recall the reason for the name change tho, I do remember when it happened, all the pay phones changed with the new colours and logos.

It happened cause Telecom got privatised.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks. I had done that, but with lack of Exchange coming up in the location of the bodies, that it had been suggested that Telstra personnel had smelt something decomposing from an the exchange, and that it had been suggested that they were close enough for BE to observe the dump sites or "feel" close, led me to the conclusion they were quite local to the sites. Perhaps there were strong winds that day...

Doesn't make sense to me either - neither dump site appears to be anywhere close to an exchange and they were "light residential" (at best) areas at the time, so would be odd for an exchange to be built there.

Really interesting stuff. You might well get told that you shouldn't be sleuthing family members but you haven't actually mentioned names. This info could prove really useful in linking the man arrested to businesses in the Claremont area.

Yup. It took me a while to decide whether to post it. If the roll hadn't shown the occupation as technician I would not have posted it.

No BE Edwards (male) or EK Edwards (female) appears as a death on the Perth cemetery records so both still alive it seems.

BRE wasn't just a technician, he was a technician for the Postmaster General, who was responsible for telephone lines.

Pippidinny road has changed a lot since the late 90s. Does anyone know if the spot where the CSK lay CG's body is west or east of Marmion avenue? I hope the cross that her family erected at the spot still remains despite all the development

Agreed. Re the report you are waiting on, it might not give you the beneficiaries of the trust but only the trustee of the trust. If this turns out to be a company then you'll need an ASIC search to find out the directors/shareholders. Is it from D&B (or similar)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste