Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
look up MAKO files on line

Dunno who maintains those MAKO pages - but I find them pretty useless. Don't seem to have many people on there at all

Was stated in some articles it was part of backlog testing of old cases with new DNA technology(I just presumed 'Touch DNA' testing).

Being 1988 I doubt it had ever had DNA testing done on it for obvious reasons.

They may not have had the technology to test DNA at the time but that doesn't mean blood/saliva/semen samples were not collected and stored.

Creepy how similar the case specifics sound.

"Police hunted for the vehicle, described by witnesses as a dark blue car, similar to a Datsun 260C, which had spoked wheels, but came up empty-handed."

Glad BRE doesn't have an old blue car out the front of his house.

He did....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was reported she was 18yo so she may have been a former student of said highschool. I am curious as to her residential location and its' relevance to address of BRE.

If she was two years younger and went to Gosnells High she would have attended the same year as BE's brother, so good chance known to BE or his brother.

Looked like a green/blue Gemini or similar outside the Kewdale address.

Yeah was me. Problem with that theory is you don't normally give yourself a nickname and have it stick. So either it's not what it means, or someone else understands the reason he has it.

I'm actually unsure of the origin of that nickname. On the Gosnells SHS 30 yr reunion page, the comments indicated that his nick name was Bogsy or similar. Not sure what the story behind it was, but it was not used in a positive light, so may be there's some embarrassment behind it for BE. Strikes me as not having a positive HS experience.

Been reading this thread for a while - some great contributions on here that's for sure. Just to add a little bit. I lived in Huntingdale in 1988-1989, and now live in a neighbouring suburb. Assuming BE lived with parents back then in same suburb at time of first known assault. From what I have heard this attack took place in older Huntingdale, near Spencer Road end. This is a fair walk from Gay Street. He probably would have had to have a car parked up somewhere to get away. Having said that, IIRC the street lighting was very poor then and lights went out at 10pm! The kimono. It seems DNA was found on it after all these years of being in storage. That's a little hard to believe if true. It doesn't seem to be blood because the photo's don't show any. So if its semen, could it really last that long? I think the defence will dismiss this evidence, especially as the photo shows the cops bare hands holding up the material. Regardless, it does appear to be the item that linked BE. I had a quick drive by today of the Gay Street location given earlier in the thread. There's no sign of anything out of the ordinary. If WAPOL are aware of this thread, then either the thread is in front of them, or there is nothing to it. There has been no news of any search there. Yet, there must be a strong possibility that BE was living there at the time of the CSK?
""

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Nice to meet you - Dixon of Dock Green" :)
Though I'm sure Mr Dixon would be completely flummaxed by modern policing!

In those days there would have been many dark, quiet spaces between Gay Street and Spencer Road ;-)
And - I somehow believe he was living in Madora Bay at the time of the Claremont killings.

I also understand that - despite the interferences you quote regarding the kimono - that the DNA will still be very intact.

The kimono. It seems DNA was found on it after all these years of being in storage. That's a little hard to believe if true. It doesn't seem to be blood because the photo's don't show any. So if its semen, could it really last that long? I think the defence will dismiss this evidence, especially as the photo shows the cops bare hands holding up the material. Regardless, it does appear to be the item that linked BE.

Do we know if the kimono being held up for the photo in 1988 is the ACTUAL kimono or just a "similar" item?

Looked like a green/blue Gemini or similar outside the Kewdale address.

I am a 36 y/o guy with no interest in cars whatsoever, I only know the make and model of a few selected cars (ones owned by friends growing up which included a datsun) I don't pay much attention to brake light and blinker design, grill shapes e.t.c and as a person of little knowledge in regards to cars can very easily see that Gemini being mistaken for a Datsun, it really does depend on the vehicle knowledge of the person that reported KT entering a Datsun. I myself would have described the car as either a Datsun or similar to a Datsun based on my lack of knowledge.

can you describe the difference?

OH - makes me ill even thinking about it.
Humans have different bodily fluids and composition therefore smell different.
I've never before been asked to describe what a human corpse smells like!!

But - it don't smell like kangaroo.!!
Stronger smell - more ammonia like. ..more stale like - hairy...jeez - go google it privately LOL.

From the best I can remember where CG was found was at least 30 metres in from the road - up a track to a point where a car could be easily hidden and not seen from the road - and then another 30 metres or so north was an almost non-existent track leading down to a sudden, steep, well hidden hollow the contents of which could not really be seen from a distance of further than a few metres! The site where JR was found was also hidden - but not nearly as far from the Road (gravel track) as the CG site. It hasn't occurred to me earlier but this could be important info that has quite a few implications! That I'm uncomfortable discussing right at this moment - and may need to cogitate with a while.

This rings a bell - yes Pippidinny was a dirt track at the time not far past the CG site - we weren't able to drive all the way to the beach at the time ('97) - we had to do a 3 point turn and turn around back to Wanneroo Rd. Almost a perfect culdesac dump site. Must have had prior knowledge (fishing?).

Not correct.

I tend to think the Madora Bay house was a holiday house as I have found evidence that BE’s parents are still connected to Gosnells area quite recently. Seems odd they would move to Mandurah then back to Gosnells.
How do you know he wasn’t living there though? There have been no reports on where he resided during the murders.

Yes it could be that Bogsy would refer to Bog as in an unfortunate accident in the pants or it could also refer to a shortened form of Bogan..

Creepy how similar the case specifics sound.

"Police hunted for the vehicle, described by witnesses as a dark blue car, similar to a Datsun 260C, which had spoked wheels, but came up empty-handed."

Glad BRE doesn't have an old blue car out the front of his house.

Sarcasm? Could this be the Gemini?

Earlier posts showed BE, his ex, her child and possibly other family became WCE members in 1998 including the one mentioned in the BCE SBA link. That one does however appear to be in many of these awards ceremonies as it appears they are more involved in business management studies and in 1995 onwards employed at the Uni. Still, it is an interesting insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay