TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Not sure if you have seen this, folding down rear seats are an option on the 2010-2012 Altima. Might explain why some of us see someone in the back at times and not other times.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 314
Good point!

Here is the tag from the BrainScratch and my capture next to each other. State name - no lower writing indicates to me this is indeed the state name- definitely looks different now, more letters and I possibly see a gap after the first few letters, like in New Mexico or New Hampshire. However, those states display their state of origin on the bottom of their plates.

attachment.php
attachment.php

-Nin

Source of first picture: Brainscratch

I was thinking that maybe the space could possibly be the stylized M of the Pure Michigan plate. Is the very bottom of the plate obscured? like under a plate holder or something. All the Pure Michigan plates have some sort of printing at the bottom.

myPlate-new.gif

Been doing some work on that. I have gone through about 900 of the 1400+ frames that make up that sequence. It takes time, but I do hope to find a good candidate frame or three that might show what the plate "format" is, and if it matches or at least is similar to the front plate.

I can upload the sequence of frames in the meantime.

I found a nice program called Blurity that attempts to "unblur" images by detecting a blur pattern. It seems promising. It's free to use, but adds a watermark to the output unless you buy it.

Given that the vast majority of the images we have to work with are stills, almost all of them have some aspect of a blurred motion.. maybe someone with some free time would like to apply this concept to more of the video (including the video from the church)

I do not post often on this thread but I'd like to say something in response to the killer appearing to be too calm. I followed the Jodi Arias case. She had sex with the poor man before murdering him shortly afterwards. She had only a few minutes in which to murder him (she could have killed him hours prior but chose not to), clean up and get away. She did it in a most savage way. And it was a premeditated murder.

My opinion on the possible suspect in this case might not be too popular but I saw red flags right away when this case first appeared on the news. Too many "coincidences" and red flags.

I guess I missed this before: According to the warrant, police believe the killer communicated with Bevers on LinkedIn between April 14 and April 16. Despite this new and specific information, “we don’t have a strong suspect,” Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson tells PEOPLE. /Quote

http://people.com/crime/missy-bevers-texas-fitness-instructor-and-husband-had-problems-say-police/

since the link is being stubborn please please note it is the May 6 article entitled
[h=1]
Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor and Husband Were Having Marital and Financial Problems: Police
[/h]

RBBM - Someone very early on said when her class was inside they used either the main hallway or that large foyer area near the main entrance which is not the entrance where her truck was parked. I hope I'm describing that correctly. I definitely remember that she did not go into a room for her class. Also at my church the CG workout is in the main foyer when it is indoors and they do not use any of our classrooms. She always unlocked the building for access to restrooms and water. That is another reason we took the words from MPD to mean she was attacked as she walked down the main hallway almost immediately upon entering the building. And she parked and entered the building at the SW entrance under the porte cochere according the MPD.

This shows where due to mats on floor. Jan 6 2016 https://www.facebook.com/CampGladia...664883701470/732693300165293/?type=3&theater#

I found a nice program called Blurity that attempts to "unblur" images by detecting a blur pattern. It seems promising. It's free to use, but adds a watermark to the output unless you buy it.

Given that the vast majority of the images we have to work with are stills, almost all of them have some aspect of a blurred motion.. maybe someone with some free time would like to apply this concept to more of the video (including the video from the church)
s
I've been playing around with FocusMagic and SmartDeblur and A Sharper Scaling. Not much luck so far. I think the rain really affected what we have to work with.

If I watched the video from the church for the first time and didn't know anything at all about this case, I would say that the perp has done this a few times before. This perp is too calm! I just don't believe a jealous woman or a man would walk around in such a calm manner for say 30 minutes. I do think it was planned by someone known to MB. If the rumor is true of possible LE connection or ex LE, I would say that person would know exactly where to find a person to hire. IMO... the cameras didn't bother this perp because he knew he couldn't be identified as a local. He hid enough of his identity so police couldn't tell who it was but he's not afraid of the cameras. Not sure how he escaped but I think he was at the airport on the next flight out of town after the murder. He could have been using a fake ID also. If the Altima at the gun store was perp, I think it's another reason the cameras didn't bother him. He's not a local. IMO... I think he was helped by a local and given the floor plan to the church by a local. Just a few thoughts from watching the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when some one is full of rage brewing from their own personal reasons, anything is possible. I am scared of extreme heights but i will endure my fear if I am pushed to it....JMO

Just knowing what time she was last seen on tape would be helpful. Of course, when she saw the SP, she could have taken off running. Reports have said there was a struggle involved, but of course we have no way at this point to know how much of a struggle. The attack could have taken 30 seconds or 30 minutes - impossible for us to know.

above quote snipped by me for brevity

We can all interpret things differently, but the way I read it and from the actual warrant, Missy was "in the church for @ 30 (to 45) minutes" to set up for the workout session -- but that does not indicate she was alive that entire time.

From warrant as it appears via Scrivd: https://www.scribd.com/doc/311488054/Terri-Missy-Bevers-Warrant
[as seen on video] At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video.

She was ONLY seen on video at 0418.

We know that SP was first seen on camera at approx. 3:50 a.m. and that MB was first seen on camera at approx. 4:18 a.m. It is true that no one found MB until approx. 5:00 a.m. (but keep in mind a camper was waiting in his or her car in the parking lot starting around 4:35 a.m.). And it’s true we don’t know the exact time the perp left the building. However, logically, the perp got out asap and didn’t wait around for anyone else to come in (assuming this was a targeted killing, which I think it was). I suppose one could entertain the idea that MB was there awhile setting up while perp hid, but again, that doesn’t seem logical considering perp would increase chances of being caught or seen leaving. LE’s indications are that MB went in and the crime happened immediately thereafter – otherwise, LE probably would have stated that she was setting up for a while before the crime happened. She went in and walked toward the location of perp and was never seen on camera after that… I think if she had been there 30 minutes setting up, LE would say, “we see her on camera for several minutes setting up, etc.” or “going back and forth to her car.” But they don’t say that, so I think LE believes she went in and was killed very soon after entering. See LE press conference at below link.

https://youtu.be/RW5edymTlw0

Adding LE affidavit stating MB entered building and walked toward location of suspect and never seen again on camera.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2822749/BEVERS-SW16-060.pdf

I definitely agree if Missy was still setting up she would have been seen making multiple trips to her vehicles and back into the church for the equipment they would use.

This timeline from Midlothian Police may be helpful to some posters: (see my attached screenshot)
https://www.facebook.com/1950470073...1462364174./10154082916172359/?type=3&theater

Attachments

• IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 65
above quote snipped by me for brevity

We can all interpret things differently, but the way I read it and from the actual warrant, Missy was "in the church for @ 30 (to 45) minutes" to set up for the workout session -- but that does not indicate she was alive that entire time.

From warrant as it appears via Scrivd: https://www.scribd.com/doc/311488054/Terri-Missy-Bevers-Warrant
[as seen on video] At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on video.

She was ONLY seen on video at 0418.

I definitely agree if Missy was still setting up she would have been seen making multiple trips to her vehicles and back into the church for the equipment they would use.

This timeline from Midlothian Police may be helpful to some posters: (see my attached screenshot)
https://www.facebook.com/1950470073...1462364174./10154082916172359/?type=3&theater

Also, since the participant who arrived at 4:35 didn't see the suspect leave, it's a good bet he left before that time.

She was parked at the SW side of building under the covered awning/carport (which you know where). *not at front of building*

She entered the building per MPD through the doors near where her truck was parked.** SW Side, again NOT front of building *ss from MPD to Cannonball should be in Media/No Discussion or Maybe Cannonball can repost the ss from prior thread.

Front door is on West side. So any where from that area to the doors she entered in is where MB was found.

To be consistent, Captain Spann refers to it as the "entry door." News outlets have referred to it as "the front door." Maybe the most precise way to designate it is the "awning door."

Also, since the participant who arrived at 4:35 didn't see the suspect leave, it's a good bet he left before that time.

The murderer was not seen again on video after MB walks down the hall; would seem if s/he left out the front, the motion detection cameras would have picked up the departure. My suspicion is s/he left out the same way they entered, probably through a broken window.

In reference to the possibility of the murder being recorded by the perp iirc some with knowledge of Search Warrants stated that LE will often include other possible scenarios as a time saver later on? So perhaps the murder was not recorded but LE included that verbiage in SW just in case? Maybe Cannonball can answer this.

The murderer was not seen again on video after MB walks down the hall; would seem if s/he left out the front, the motion detection cameras would have picked up the departure. My suspicion is s/he left out the same way they entered, probably through a broken window.
s
Some believe SP had a vehicle or was picked up in a vehicle. Bolstered by the fact that LE said a vehicle was visible via one camera, but we don't know if that camera was at the church or at SWFA.

Leaving on foot would have been problematic with the rain and the remote location. Possible, but much more inconvenient. If the perp left in a vehicle, he was likely gone by 4:35 or else the 1st camper would have seen a vehicle leave.

excellent observation ... seems most likely to me, too. Kill and get out ASAP, is what I think happened.

s
I've been playing around with FocusMagic and SmartDeblur and A Sharper Scaling. Not much luck so far. I think the rain really affected what we have to work with.

I find it somewhat poetic that the only prolonged stationary shot of the vehicle at SWFA is ~4 minutes long, and it's parked directly in the middle of a large water blob on the camera lens, making it almost completely unusable..

In reference to the possibility of the murder being recorded by the perp iirc some with knowledge of Search Warrants stated that LE will often include other possible scenarios as a time saver later on? So perhaps the murder was not recorded but LE included that verbiage in SW just in case? Maybe Cannonball can answer this.
s
It appeared to me at the time that LE was just covering their bases - trying to make the strongest argument possible for purposes of obtaining the SW. It was the media who put too much emphasis on the wording and used headlines like, "MB's killer may have recorded the murder, authorities say".

I don't have a link but IIRC, MPD backtracked from the recording angle in the months since, stating that they don't have any reason to believe the murder was actually recorded on video.

By the way, these are not "off the cuff" responses to questions that we're talking about. These are prepared remarks. For example, assistant chief Johnson in the Apr. 22 presser says in his prepared remarks:

"Ms. Bevers arrived at about 4:16 in the parking lot and entered the church immediately. A few minutes later, she was inside the church not realizing the intruder was already inside. And shortly thereafter, she was murdered inside the church."

Certainly "shortly thereafter" is not specific. But I would argue that it implies a span of time less than 30 minutes.

But to clarify further, let's go back to the search warrants. This comes from the SW that LE sought for BB's FB info (underlined by me):

"The decedent was murdered as she arrived to prepare for a physical fitness class..."

That's a little more specific than "shortly thereafter", and even further away from an implication of 30 minutes.

I don't believe anyone believes she was murdered as she arrived in her truck. She was clearly in the church at the time of the murder. As for how long she was in the church, we only know it was sometime between 4:20 and 5:00 a.m. Those are the facts we've been dealt, for better or for worse.

OT: This is completely unrelated, but I was summoned for jury duty today and have a question I'm sure one of you will be able to answer.

What is the difference between circuit court, magistrate court, the court of common pleas and general sessions, and whatever other types of courts exist out there? Last year, I was summoned by the city but everyone was excused, as the cases had already been settled out of court. Today, I was summoned by the county for the Court of Common Pleas and General Sessions, and I have no idea what kind of trials are heard by this court. Who can help this clueless girl out?

In the Fox4News story, it says "the affidavit says Missy was in the church for about 30 minutes."

The affidavit does not say that. You were given a link to that affidavit. And the "snips" you refer to at the 1:38 mark of the story do not say that, either. They appear to show the same affidavit that we now have access to. But that affidavit does not mention Missy being in the church for 30 minutes. So that is the conflict.

What the news station stated is not inconsistent with any known affidavit. The LE has repeatedly explained they do not have video of the murder taking place - that means no one knows whether she was murdered 30 seconds or 30 minutes after being last filmed at approximately 4:20. I would simply refer you to the MPD's timeline and the fact that it does not specify a time of attack - that is quite telling.

I don't believe anyone believes she was murdered as she arrived in her truck. She was clearly in the church at the time of the murder. As for how long she was in the church, we only know it was sometime between 4:20 and 5:00 a.m. Those are the facts we've been dealt, for better or for worse.

You added the "in your truck" part. Some would argue that if you walk in at 4:18 and go in the direction of the suspect location and are not seen again, that the wording might apply. It's also problematic that the cameras didn't pick up movement by either MB or the perp - kinda hard to reconcile if two live bodies are moving around in there at the same time for any length of time.

But as the mod said - agree to disagree and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandi_lee