GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
strange, from those updates:

"What worried her most was that Ian’s parents had come round and she was concerned about what they would think about her being asleep in bed. I said that didn’t matter, but I would have expected Boris to bark. Ian said Boris didn’t bark.”

I think what they're getting at here is that Boris probably did bark when his parents arrived, but being that she wasn't just 'asleep', she wouldn't have heard him or been woken by him, so Ian said he hadn't barked.

Like mother like daughter it seems. Helen's mum is kicking some *advertiser censored*.

I was literally just shouting this at the screen when the updates were coming through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if Helen visited a doctor? Do we know at this stage?

I was just wondering about this.

If Helen decided to get a thorough check up then he would be busted?

Yes indeed. If Helen had her breakfast in bed , perhaps she did this and then took Boris out - so it would be expected that Boris would bark, to remind her. I suspect IS took him out to avoid that problem.

Oh, interesting thought. I took it to mean she was implying it was odd that Boris hadn't barked and woken Helen when his parents arrived. But because she wouldn't have woken as if it were normal sleep (due to being drugged), IS just claimed he hadn't barked....?

I think what they're getting at here is that Boris probably did bark when his parents arrived, but being that she wasn't just 'asleep', she wouldn't have heard him or been woken by him, so Ian said he hadn't barked.

This was my thought too, she was out cold rather than snoozing but IS was trying to cover that up.

11:28
Helen Bailey suffered from dizziness since 2012

Eileen Bailey said she was aware Helen had been to see a doctor as early as 2012 about her dizziness.

Helen was also told she had high blood pressure.

“Helen was told she could have a heart attack or a stroke just sitting there. That was the chief reason she didn’t want to go back [to the doctors] it frightened her.”

Eileen said she couldn’t be certain of when Helen left Boris on the beach. She admits that while Stewart was in hospital, Helen was complaining she was feeling ‘constantly tired’.

“I was told that when Helen got up in the morning she liked to have her breakfast as soon as she got up.

“She cooked herself poached or scrambled eggs.

“There was no suggestion that Stewart had cooked for Helen on the day Helen said she fell asleep for five hours.

“On occasions I know Ian cooked for Helen, but I can’t be exact about that particular time.

“Helen didn’t drink coffee, she suffered from irritable bowel syndrome and she knew what to avoid. She avoided anything too spicy and too strong, but she liked her food.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-royston-12491486

I was hoping to get more info on this "Eileen Bailey tells jurors: “I felt uneasy about the relationship between Ian Stewart and Helen."

this is odd :"She admits that while Stewart was in hospital, Helen was complaining she was feeling ‘constantly tired’."
Another condition but not the IBS? just high blood pressure?

Oh, interesting thought. I took it to mean she was implying it was odd that Boris hadn't barked and woken Helen when his parents arrived. But because she wouldn't have woken as if it were normal sleep (due to being drugged), IS just claimed he hadn't barked....?

I think your explanation fits better LozDa.....

thinking about it, IS would have known to take Boris out first thing for bathroom purposes ! so as not to disturb Helen....

but he hadn't planned on the problem of visitors coming round, and Boris always barked if anyone else came to the house - so he could only cover that by saying Boris didn't bark.

I think your explanation fits better LozDa.....

thinking about it, IS would have known to take Boris out first thing for bathroom purposes ! so as not to disturb Helen....

but he hadn't planned on the problem of visitors coming round, and Boris always barked if anyone else came to the house - so he could only cover that by saying Boris didn't bark.

I thought the insinuation was that she got up and then went back to bed for a nap which became the 5 hours. May just be my interpretation though.

I still strongly wonder if Helen's herbal remedies, bought on the internet got "mixed up" with the Zopiclone.

I thought the insinuation was that she got up and then went back to bed for a nap which became the 5 hours. May just be my interpretation though.

I still strongly wonder if Helen's herbal remedies, bought on the internet got "mixed up" with the Zopiclone.

Yes, could be that. .... I was thinking of the evidence last week when we were told that Helen's comment to her mother was reported as ........ I had breakfast and the next thing I knew it was 5 hours later when I woke up. Made me think she was in bed.

And then today the evidence says she was in bed asleep for these 5 hours ( when ISs parents came round ).

But it is equally likely that she got up, had breakfast, felt tired, went for a lie down and the next thing she knew, it was 5 hours later.

Re the mix up of tablets -that would have been very clever, wouldn't it ......... IS could then leave Helen to self medicate ! even when he was in hospital

11:35
Eileen Bailey breaks down in the witness box

Eileen is now being re-examined by the prosecution.

She said: “In 2015, Helen was complaining about being very very tired.

“She said she’d lost her get up and go.

“She would complain about not being able to see her hands when she was newly widowed and sat down to write [at her computer].That was the first time.

“The second time was when Ian was ill and was going into hospital. The pressure of going round promoting the book and repeating John’s death again that brought back those symptoms.”

Eileen Bailey reiterated that the spectacles incident took place in 2015. She said when Helen fell asleep for five hours, this was the week before she went missing (April 4, 2016).

“This panicky voice told me ‘I’ve just slept for five hours’. This took me by surprise. I told her she must have needed it and she said ‘after a night’s sleep?’

“I remember saying are you going to go out now, get some oxygen, take Boris out? But she didn’t say yes or no. I said I would speak to her later, but she didn’t.”

Eileen Bailey breaks down in tears as she continues speaking.

She tells jurors: “I feel I was dismissive.”

That’s the end of Eileen Bailey’s evidence.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-royston-12491486

very sad that Mum is crying in witness box as per updates ^

Eileen Bailey breaks down in tears as she continues speaking.

She tells jurors: “I feel I was dismissive.”

My heart is breaking for her poor mum - what an incredible woman to sit and give evidence so brilliantly under impossible circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor Eileen, blaming herself for being dismissive. She could never have been expected to anticipate the truth :(

I am outraged on her behalf - what an horrendous ordeal for her

I didn't think it was possible for me to get any more angry , but I am fuming that this brave lady has ended up in tears thanks to ...........well I wont even go there to describe it, you all know what I mean

I was hoping to get more info on this "Eileen Bailey tells jurors: “I felt uneasy about the relationship between Ian Stewart and Helen."

this is odd :"She admits that while Stewart was in hospital, Helen was complaining she was feeling ‘constantly tired’."
Another condition but not the IBS? just high blood pressure?

Menopause or pre menopause - plus the stress of worrying about IS in hospital - emotions will tire you out as one of my pals often says

Wasn't there a poster on here who took both Zopiclone and another type of tablet? Or was it when I googled it...She said they looked the same and once took a Zopliclone one morning by mistake, instead of the other type of tablet. I'll search for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandi_lee